Injury 2022 Saints Injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jade Buddha

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly and it will be exciting to see the team work players through the 22 , Sharman came in this week and added a different look to the forward line and when Higgins went off and Windhager came on he was sensational for a first year player.
I still believe Bytel has a lot to offer but not getting a run of games in the VFL set's him back.
Guys like Byrne and Owens could well be regulars in the next few weeks.
Not as confident with Byrnes. He just doesn’t seem likely when I’ve seen him. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Chito a big yes.

Insult to injury, it was high and we didn’t even get a free.
what crappy luck for Steele - didn’t look that bad.

Koloalkdjfaslkjl tapped him on the shoulder as he got up from my memory. As if to say...oops . oh well.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Steele is going to be missed is a understatement but one player doesn't make a team.
Steele hasn't been at his brilliant best this year and in fact Crouch has really carried a lot of the heavy lifting in the midfield as seen against Geelong.
Hopefully this gives the opportunity to a player who can really step up to the plate.
Having Crouch playing at his best and a rejuvenated Ross the loss might not be as bad as first thought.
Jones has had his 2nd run and looks to be getting his form back in order and now with Billings coming back and he will only get better with more game time and now with Hunter Clark on the verge of coming back , the 3 inclusions will help cover the loss.
Of course Gresham will need to really turn it on while Steele is gone and I'm pretty sure a couple of the kids will be licking there lip's for the chance to get a run through the midfield.
Or could the just throw Sinclair into the midfield and bring in Highmore - I don't know what they will do but Byrnes , Owens , Bytel could all get a run.

Our next 8 weeks - the period they say Steele will be out and the only game that will hurt the most will be the Lions game.

Crows
Nth
Bye
Lions
Bombers
Swans
Carlton
Fremantle

I'm quietly confident about the lions game. We will have had the bye and they'll have just flown back from Perth (vs Freo) on a 6 day break. Plus, we beat them there last season.

Two serious injuries from dangerous tackles/bumps but as usual the umps/AFL don't see any problem because it was a Saint on the recieving end. If what happened to Higgins had happened to any member of any other team their would be a suspension handed out.

Hanners will be crucial after the bye. Hopefully back in full strudel by then.
8PJ2zQp.gif

Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Two serious injuries from dangerous tackles/bumps but as usual the umps/AFL don't see any problem because it was a Saint on the recieving end. If what happened to Higgins had happened to any member of any other team their would be a suspension handed out.
Yes to this. The down the ground camera footage would be pretty damming with a Cats player running through a clearly injured Higgins.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes to this. The down the ground camera footage would be pretty damming with a Cats player running through a clearly injured Higgins.
I'm worried about Higgins now with his 2nd head knock this year , not looking good at all - he has so much promise as we have seen he is lethal around goals and to lose him will weaken the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
As long as he is back for Carlton to make Cripps his bitch them I'm happy.

Aside from Brisbane, I'd have us at favourites or 50/50 for all the games up to thre without Steele. The Sydney game will be crucial for keeping top 4 alive imo but think we can get it done
Sydney have the game next week which will determine where they end up , they play Carlton, then Tigers , then Melb , then Port , then us.I can't see them wining more than 2 if that.
Carlton are a worry they have a easier games if any game is easy.
We will find out how good Fremantle are as well they play Magpies , Melb and the the Lions and they play Melb twice.

May 22, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

“Dan Hannebery was a welcome feature at Tuesday’s training taking part in light duties”

Are they having a laugh?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Dan Hannebery was a welcome feature at Tuesday’s training taking part in light duties”

Are they having a laugh?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Night training was it?
Dan had to hobble in and switch them on before the training and off again later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back