Oppo Camp 2022 Salt Mine thread - the saltening

Remove this Banner Ad

Just don't have 2021 stuff in the public. TCH is fine and has a thread for it.

Nah, * them. If they put it out there in a public forum, then it can be discussed.

Future generations of broken kids. What's not to like?
I have kids in and around this age bracket...

In all, most of them are just normal kids, but it's the parents I worry about... and then the learned behaviour of those kids from their parents.

Parents are constantly looking for others to blame for their own kids rather than understand that their role as parent is to be their kids role model. And worse, parents are more concerned with being their kids best friend, rather than their parent.

This whole, everyone gets an award, can't hurt anyone's feelings, everything has to be fair and equal, get offended by everything possible is building the least prepared and most entitled generation possible. I genuine worry about some of these kids when they get to the workforce.

In all, most of them are just normal kids, but it's the parents I worry about... and then the learned behaviour of those kids from their parents.

Parents are constantly looking for others to blame for their own kids rather than understand that their role as parent is to be their kids role model. And worse, parents are more concerned with being their kids best friend, rather than their parent.

This whole, everyone gets an award, can't hurt anyone's feelings, everything has to be fair and equal, get offended by everything possible is building the least prepared and most entitled generation possible. I genuine worry about some of these kids when they get to the workforce.

Dunno, as we have discussed in the tan, the workplace is currently an evolving beast. Dare i say it, these kids will be able to adjust and transition far easily into the future than what a dinosaur like me is currently trying to learn and adapt to.
But, the number one rule of life people need to learn - Life isn’t fair.
That’s it. That’s the lesson.

Woke pussy education schools are now

every generation of older people has said similar. And just like every generation, the kids will grow up fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno, as we have discussed in the tan, the workplace is currently an evolving beast. Dare i say it, these kids will be able to adjust and transition far easily into the future than what a dinosaur like me is currently trying to learn and adapt to.
But, the number one rule of life people need to learn - Life isn’t fair.
That’s it. That’s the lesson.
They might have the ability for overall things to change, I 100% agree, but when it comes to individual challenges (which is your life isn't fair moment) I strongly doubt it.
Woke pussy education schools are now
Yep, schools are afraid of parents now in a lot of cases. I got a call from my kids school, 11-12 year olds playing the ancient game of 'dacking' their mates... So I asked the school what punishment they gave my son, and the answer was nothing, they wanted me to do it. Terrible schooling. If the kids do something worng at school, they need to be unished there and then, and if that embarrasses them or makes them miss out on something with their friends, they will certainly think twice before doing it again. A talk from Dad 7 hours later has little effect to be honest (well not in my case, but in most I would argue).
every generation of older people has said similar. And just like every generation, the kids will grow up fine.
I'm actaully not that old, not 40 yet... so this isn't an old timer thing, I've been involved with junior sport for the last 15 years. and I'm telling you, we make rules and regulations to accommodate the worst kids as to not hurt their feelings, rather than set a great example. We have gone to fair with inclusion and the need to 'be fair' that it actually sets a really poor precedent and future expectation in the kids mindset.

And even from someone who is not too old, I think the late teens and early twenties of today are (by volume) a lot worse and more entitled than those from just 20 years ago. Yes the majority turn out fine, but the carry on form the rest is becoming horrendous.

They might have the ability for overall things to change, I 100% agree, but when it comes to individual challenges (which is your life isn't fair moment) I strongly doubt it.

Yep, schools are afraid of parents now in a lot of cases. I got a call from my kids school, 11-12 year olds playing the ancient game of 'dacking' their mates... So I asked the school what punishment they gave my son, and the answer was nothing, they wanted me to do it. Terrible schooling. If the kids do something worng at school, they need to be unished there and then, and if that embarrasses them or makes them miss out on something with their friends, they will certainly think twice before doing it again. A talk from Dad 7 hours later has little effect to be honest (well not in my case, but in most I would argue).

I'm actaully not that old, not 40 yet... so this isn't an old timer thing, I've been involved with junior sport for the last 15 years. and I'm telling you, we make rules and regulations to accommodate the worst kids as to not hurt their feelings, rather than set a great example. We have gone to fair with inclusion and the need to 'be fair' that it actually sets a really poor precedent and future expectation in the kids mindset.

And even from someone who is not too old, I think the late teens and early twenties of today are (by volume) a lot worse and more entitled than those from just 20 years ago. Yes the majority turn out fine, but the carry on form the rest is becoming horrendous.

Hahaha dacking, haven't heard that in years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back