VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

“Maxxy had a poor first half, we challenged him at the main break and he got going in the second half. The big fella can sometimes get in his own head, so it is those next steps for him to work on letting things go, not letting it fester and get ready for the next contest. It was pleasing to see him respond and keep looking forward. He offered us a good target going forward and was solid in the ruck in those last two quarters. Obviously he is a young bloke, so he'll keep developing and learning, from both a mental aspect as well as a physical one.”

Interesting. About Heath ^

“Maxxy had a poor first half, we challenged him at the main break and he got going in the second half. The big fella can sometimes get in his own head, so it is those next steps for him to work on letting things go, not letting it fester and get ready for the next contest. It was pleasing to see him respond and keep looking forward. He offered us a good target going forward and was solid in the ruck in those last two quarters. Obviously he is a young bloke, so he'll keep developing and learning, from both a mental aspect as well as a physical one.”

Interesting. About Heath ^
Teams are starting to pay more attention to him and work him over. Maybe be tall but is still pretty skinny and just struggle with the physical side some times. He will be fine in the long run

He's not accumulating large numbers yet, but sh*t he's coming on as quickly as he runs.

Wins the contest, clean handball under pressure, run to receive, blink he's gone. Another banging goal after the one last week too. I have great confidence in this kid.

Thank god.
All the senior players are rubbish, we need someone to pin our delusional hopes for the future on.

He's not accumulating large numbers yet, but sh*t he's coming on as quickly as he runs.

Wins the contest, clean handball under pressure, run to receive, blink he's gone. Another banging goal after the one last week too. I have great confidence in this kid.
It probably shouldn't be a surprise, cos he's definitely got the pedigree. 2 Olympian's for parents and he's trained hard most of his life. Can tell he has high dedication and determination. It's great to see. Hopefully he pulls a few young ones along with him, with his standards.

It probably shouldn't be a surprise, cos he's definitely got the pedigree. 2 Olympian's for parents and he's trained hard most of his life. Can tell he has high dedication and determination. It's great to see. Hopefully he pulls a few young ones along with him, with his standards.
yep. olympians are the next level up from most professional athletes on how dedicated they are to training. The better part of 4 years of grinding out training and practice for a few weeks of competiton. Could be a rapid improver

Peris football ability and contest is what has surprised me. He goes in hard and tackles well for someone his size and finds a bit of the footy. Wouldn't think it's outrageous to give him a run as a small pressure forward with a simple instruction to chase and tackle

I have 0 faith we have anyone that can hit him with a handpass so he doesn't need to break stride at the moment, but he looks like what we need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It probably doesn't help with continuity for the Saints at Sandy- hard to impress selectors when you're not playing, but that's how the comp works.
What if we set up a partnership with another secondary comp in wa sa Qld nt tas???
One way to at least get em playing each week??

Great news on both fronts. Literally nothing to lose with Hanners.
So you’d bring him back to the seniors as soon as he is fit?
I’d think he’d need to play a few at vfl level, and then what?
It‘s a bit of a conundrum.

So you’d bring him back to the seniors as soon as he is fit?
I’d think he’d need to play a few at vfl level, and then what?
It‘s a bit of a conundrum.
If we’re in contention and he’s in form and we believe he’d make us a better team than whoever he’d be replacing would, then absolutely.

If we’re in contention and he’s in form and we believe he’d make us a better team than whoever he’d be replacing would, then absolutely.
Lot of ifs though… lucky there’s still time to see what happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back