VFL 2022 Sandringham Zebras

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've got lots of Blues in the family so I'm just happy that we are both up at the same time. I couldn't handle you guys jumping us, St Kilda haven't given us anything for years but at least I could always wind up the Carlton supporters.

If you're going to come good at least we can run along side you. Hopefully we'll see you in the GF and have a proper grudge match.
that'd be a big day. one of my best mates is a Carlton fan

Fair call I have a St Kilda supporter/mate let's call him George that can be ******* painful but can also have his good moments too!
Well I can't say I'm surprised, you're usually spewing s**t in most threads but I commend you on the fact that you've done well with the username - an apt description of the type of character you are. A lens into the inner workings of the deranged lunatic we are dealing with. A snapshot into the mind of a mad-man, if you will. Blue all through. Blue, from your emotional state right down to that embarrassing excuse for manhood that most gargoyles that turn you down describe simply as "swamp nuts".

Take a hike, turbo. This board is where the big boys play.

That'll be the first time CursingFijian has been called big in his life:p
You'll have a laugh at Dard Ball Get then. He tries to keep it deathly quiet but a few years ago they decided to do a bit of an interpretive synchronised dance routine to push membership numbers for the club. He thought it was world class material, poor fella.

https://c.tenor.com/cjiMTiZLhxgAAAAM/short people-dancing.gif

SWSainter

Debutant
Apr 1, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
You'll have a laugh at Dard Ball Get then. He tries to keep it deathly quiet but a few years ago they decided to do a bit of an interpretive synchronised dance routine to push membership numbers for the club. He thought it was world class material, poor fella.

https://c.tenor.com/cjiMTiZLhxgAAAAM/short people-dancing.gif
Clint Jones likes this post

That’s better from Bytel. 17 contested, doubt it’s enough to get a call up but needs to just keep building from there.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

That’s better from Bytel. 17 contested, doubt it’s enough to get a call up but needs to just keep building from there.

I think Bachelor is a fan of Mitch Owens.

25E3F5CD-9029-4B38-A950-E038F7082882.jpeg

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda

Huge numbers from everyone this week, good to see the twos performing this year.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
Huge numbers from everyone this week, good to see the twos performing this year.
Kind of explains why Bytel isn't "dominating" by getting 35 disposals each week. He's suddenly got Byrnes and Owens taking some of the possessions that were his last season. Chuck in the likes of Clark, Billing and Jones coming back from injury through Sandy. Possies getting shared around.

They've also been asking him to play more outside and work on his spread to more contests, so that will limit his inside opportunies also.

He's a gun and I hope he gets his chance this season. Certainly haven't given up on him yet.

If anyone has a good enough memory, how many years until Stuv became a locked in member of our best 22?

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kind of explains why Bytel isn't "dominating" by getting 35 disposals each week. He's suddenly got Byrnes and Owens taking some of the possessions that were his last season. Chuck in the likes of Clark, Billing and Jones coming back from injury through Sandy. Possies getting shared around.

They've also been asking him to play more outside and work on his spread to more contests, so that will limit his inside opportunies also.

He's a gun and I hope he gets his chance this season. Certainly haven't given up on him yet.

If anyone has a good enough memory, how many years until Stuv became a locked in member of our best 22?
The guy is still averaging around 25 as well. If he is getting than and still got a couple of gears to go that's a good sign.

AirWinmar

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly. Feel like he's harshly held to a standard that others aren't.
He is definitely more comfortable on the inside tho, so would be good if he can get more outside spread. I think sometimes players winning it a lot on the inside don't get much flash coz they're working in tight, but what they're doing is critical for the team. 17 contested possessions is a pretty awesome result from the last game

Stuv looked like a star when he did get matches though. He spent most of his early games forward and kicked something like 11 goals in his first 10 matches. By his third year he was starting to show a bit through the midfield in patches. Joey seemed to take years and B Goddard was a write off after his first few years.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly. Feel like he's harshly held to a standard that others aren't.
As l recall it, he's setting up on the defensive side and from the vision I've seen he's seemingly organising the mids and opperating as quasi captain in that capacity.
His CP's and tackles are elite and assuming his disposal hasn't fallen off a cliff, that is also elite.
I have a sneeky feeling he's doing exactly what they're asking for and he's on a slow program.
Last year one of the ITKs said he wasn't supposed to get a game till after the bye but injuries forced selectors hands early.

The new wunderkind is getting some good press atm but he's also behind Windy and Wang so maybe he's not all that just yet.

We'll see what comes in the next month or so.

Same. It's frustrating how young forwards especially seem to get played out of position so often.
There’s no way to put this nicely, he gets moved around so much because after an extended run wherever he’s playing he usually shows very little so gets tried somewhere else. He’s got time but that’s what his form has been so far.

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,
There’s no way to put this nicely, he gets moved around so much because after an extended run wherever he’s playing he usually shows very little so gets tried somewhere else. He’s got time but that’s what his form has been so far.

But he was drafted as a forward. So he's obviously shown enough to get drafted and they could at least give him a proper crack there.

He hasn't shown much and looks like he's lacking confidence. I know they want them all to be multiple position players but perhaps he needs to start with a really basic program and work up from there. He was a small guy who grew quickly so hasn't really worked out what he can do with his size. I think he's a really slow burn type that needs to be built from scratch.

Is that actually a fact or just how you see it?

Back