Leagues SC Hall of Fame League (#1 ranked 20 team league)

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Yeh, I always do my own thing and rarely ask for or take advice. I'm not keen at all in being part of any groupthink strategy as far as which players to pick or trade. I just want to assemble a dedicated group of 18 gun BF SCers who are competitive asf, won't give up and always strive for the highest ranking possible, year in year out. There are a number of coaches on this site who fill that criteria, not all feature in the HoF top end, but most do. I'd prefer strong competition between each other than all colluding to do the same thing. Because at the end of the day it would be great to be the #1 ranked SC league, but even better to win a league that's full of HoFers.
I suspect most of the blokes that do well will have a similar attitude.

That said, I'm sure you have a few who's opinions you take note of, even if you don't necessarily always agree. I know I do.

CROW in BALI

Cancelled
Freeze MND Challenge 2021
Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh, I always do my own thing and rarely ask for or take advice. I'm not keen at all in being part of any groupthink strategy as far as which players to pick or trade. I just want to assemble a dedicated group of 18 gun BF SCers who are competitive asf, won't give up and always strive for the highest ranking possible, year in year out. There are a number of coaches on this site who fill that criteria, not all feature in the HoF top end, but most do. I'd prefer strong competition between each other than all colluding to do the same thing. Because at the end of the day it would be great to be the #1 ranked SC league, but even better to win a league that's full of HoFers.
Fair call , as long as everyone fights it out right to the end the group above would be right up there. As you say , you only need one to chuck it in to destroy a league.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair call , as long as everyone fights it out right to the end the group above would be right up there. As you say , you only need one to chuck it in to destroy a league.

We can do our best to put together a committed group of gun SCers. But s**t does happen in real life. As much as I've been committed to all my fantasy teams over the last few years I also haven't had anything happen in my real life in that time to make me reevaluate my priorities. It would be cool to be in a league where every team is pretty much at the same level and of similar experience though.

Yes, I see the irony in my post crippler9 but the Covid pandemic surprisingly hasn't had much of an impact on my everyday life. ;)

Last edited:
Ideally even the bottom 2-3 teams of this league will finish no lower than 5-10k next year. I'm in a few really strong leagues this year but they all drop off by quite a bit at the bottom few teams. I don't know how to avoid this because we all have a shocker year every now and then. I figure that HoF teams still rank reasonably well even when they have bad years and it's consistency that will be our leagues superpower.
Pretty pumped for this - I'm in a few leagues organised by Brice Mitchell with top place getters from last year. I expected them to be right at the pointy end but there is a one or two teams in each league that seem to have given up.

Reckon we should easily be able to get 18 committed coaches.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty pumped for this - I'm in a few leagues organised by Brice Mitchell with top place getters from last year. I expected them to be right at the pointy end but there is a one or two teams in each league that seem to have given up.

Reckon we should easily be able to get 18 committed coaches.

I'd expect everyone that signs up for this league to committed based on their last 3 seasons. Hasn't been easy to stay committed, especially last year. So many gun coaches on this site now. Need to stay on our toes to keep up with some of these kenties.

Even the HoF model is not perfect though. Look at Croz Bees for example. He's one of the 'celebrity' coaches on the SC site being a recent past winner and is ranked a respectable #196 on the HoF ladder but he's gone 6658th - 1st - 6428th* is he a gun SC or did he get lucky one year and 6k is a better reflection of where he's at most of the time?

I'd expect everyone that signs up for this league to committed based on their last 3 seasons. Hasn't been easy to stay committed, especially last year. So many gun coaches on this site now. Need to stay on our toes to keep up with some of these kenties.

Even the HoF model is not perfect though. Look at Croz Bees for example. He's one of the 'celebrity' coaches on the SC site being a recent past winner and is ranked a respectable #196 on the HoF ladder but he's gone 6658th - 1st - 6428th* is he a gun SC or did he get lucky one year and 6k is a better reflection of where he's at most of the time?
I'm in a chat with him on twitter and given the amount of risks he took with his starting team this year, id guess things worked out for him last year and he committed to in-depth research when he realised he was in with a shot.

Yeah certainly not a perfect model.. id argue I should be further down with that 1898. There is a few coaches below me that I think are much more impressive with their consistency. The top 2 are the clear standouts.. would be very interested to see their finishes from years earlier.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wouldn’t mind a spot in this league

I just realised that you're in BFA Div6 with me and some of the other HoF kenties. Tough league that one! Currently 7 teams in the top 500

8.JPG

Last edited:

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
That's pretty much what we've been discussing here today. A league is only as strong as it's bottom 2-3 teams. That league is 145th with the bottom 3 ranked 54k, 56k, 84k. Change those 3 to 5k-10k and we're probably the #1 league.
That league I remember it was ranked 60 something at one stage then not sure what happen would be good to have a league that’s full like the higher teams you’ve even got a draw in your record 😂😂

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
The bottom teams need to pull their weight
That's pretty much what we've been discussing here today. A league is only as strong as it's bottom 2-3 teams. That league is 145th with the bottom 3 ranked 54k, 56k, 84k. Change those 3 to 5k-10k and we're probably the #1 league.
Next year the bottom four teams will be relegated to Div 7 and you'll have four new teams coming up, hopefully making the league stronger. :thumbsu:

But also the top four in Div 6 this year will go up and you'll get the bottom four coming down from Div 5 :think:

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Next year the bottom four teams will be relegated to Div 7 and you'll have four new teams coming up, hopefully making the league stronger. :thumbsu:

But also the top four in Div 6 this year will go up and you'll get the bottom four coming down from Div 5 :think:
I’m not sure that makes the league better 🤔 🧐

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
I’m not sure that makes the league better 🤔 🧐
It will over time but the leagues are a bit lopsided at the moment as I entered people from the top down on a first come first served basis rather than on past scores. Will take a few years of promotion/relegation to sort out I think...

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
It will over time but the leagues are a bit lopsided at the moment as I entered people from the top down on a first come first served basis rather than on past scores. Will take a few years of promotion/relegation to sort out I think...
Oh I see yeah it will but it will take too much time too many seasons

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Ideally even the bottom 2-3 teams of this league will finish no lower than 5-10k next year. I'm in a few really strong leagues this year but they all drop off by quite a bit at the bottom few teams. I don't know how to avoid this because we all have a shocker year every now and then. I figure that HoF teams still rank reasonably well even when they have bad years and it's consistency that will be our leagues superpower.
Not avoidable Andrew, as you've discovered ......it's called human behaviour

This year DIV 1 League ....the last team in the div was ranked 388th overall in 2020 .....so a team of dedicated SCoachers, but it's impossible to say any team won't have a stinker year, or give up for a variety of reasons

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

This year DIV 1 League ....the last team in the div was ranked 388th overall in 2020 .....so a team of dedicated SCoachers, but it's impossible to say any team won't have a stinker year, or give up for a variety of reasons

We'll see.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Also, please refrain from projecting your negativity here. Positive vibes only.:peace:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I suspect most of the blokes that do well will have a similar attitude.

That said, I'm sure you have a few who's opinions you take note of, even if you don't necessarily always agree. I know I do.

Yes, there are a handful of coaches on this site who's opinions carry significant weight towards my own thought processes. We're all influenced by others to some extent.

Last edited:

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Didn't get the tag for some reason, but will observe this with interest. in some similar types of groups for Fantasy Prem and the competition really helps people thrive so can see some coaches post some good collective gains.

Unfortunately my approach to SC is far too aggressive to place well consistently, my team might shine bright occasionally but it's more likely to crash and burn come the tail end of seasons :tearsofjoy:

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn't get the tag for some reason, but will observe this with interest. in some similar types of groups for Fantasy Prem and the competition really helps people thrive so can see some coaches post some good collective gains.

Unfortunately my approach to SC is far too aggressive to place well consistently, my team might shine bright occasionally but it's more likely to crash and burn come the tail end of seasons :tearsofjoy:

You'll find most of us in the same boat. Unfortunately, it's the price we pay for going hard. I find a lot of the teams that finish strong are generally playing for League glory and have trades in hand during SC finals.

Last edited:
Back