Game Day 2022 SC Round 1 - Let's Get Ready To Ramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year where we're about to hit crazy season on the board.

In order to keep some order around the place, I've locked all threads except the standard ones that we have during the season - refer #5. Will leave the rate my preseason thread going until final lockout.

Any new threads that don't fit in to the standard structure will likely end up merged with either an existing suitable thread, or the General Chat thread as a catch-all.

Good luck to everyone - this is one of the toughest years to pick a starting side that I can remember.

Will the weak rucks strategy last though?
Considering 3/4 of those have Jack Hayes at R2 with a non-playing R3, I’d suggest no.

One had Preuss.

Not many teams in the top 10 with 2 legit ruckman. Most in the next 10 do though.

This is my second time playing this, I'm sure to stuff it up, got no idea how to trade

Still really chuffed with my team thus far.

View attachment 1350230
You’re off to a flyer mate, well done.
Considering 3/4 of those have Jack Hayes at R2 with a non-playing R3, I’d suggest no.

One had Preuss.

Not many teams in the top 10 with 2 legit ruckman. Most in the next 10 do though.
I’m a set-and-forget nuffie with my rucks. Always have been.

Hasn’t really worked out well so far 🤔

Maybe it’s me.

You’re off to a flyer mate, well done.

I’m a set-and-forget nuffie with my rucks. Always have been.

Hasn’t really worked out well so far 🤔

Maybe it’s me.
Not one top 20 side was running Gawndy. A few with one plus Witts/English/Marshall.

A lot of sides with Witts up there.

Also a decent chunk of sides that will struggle for cash gen.

Quality thread guys, followed all weekend, made 4 changes to team after Wednesday night, anyone else have Jeremy Howe in their team?

One had Preuss.

3rd ranked team has 8-9 102k players. Will suffer very quickly.

3rd ranked team has 8-9 102k players. Will suffer very quickly.
One of the top twenty sides was basically running straight donuts on the bench.

A fair few one hit wonders I’d imagine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm chuffed - this is the best start I've had for a long while.
I would like to thank all the BF posters who... too early? :p

MPM all the way baby!
Now I have to trade properly to try to nudge up a bit at a time :D

1647820822416.png

Not unhappy, not stoked. Most PODs didn't perform - McInerny, Cummings, Thomas. Hayes and Martin on the bench. No Rachele or Rowell also not ideal.

1647821457226.png

1647821298143.png

1647821398694.png

I own BigFooty 😂

Mids and Fwds went nuts. Rucks/Defence was decent. If I backed my big gut, I would've had a bigger score but went with the more common sense option. Fk common sense, never listen to it kids...

I was flirting with Trac instead of Macrae and Marshall/Witts instead of O'Brien but once Darcy was ruled out I went for O'Brien. I don't regret it but it's annoying. I went with safety of Macrae v Trac, so I feel like a little bitch now haha.

Not unhappy, not stoked. Most PODs didn't perform - McInerny, Cummings, Thomas. Hayes and Martin on the bench. No Rachele or Rowell also not ideal.

View attachment 1350407

re Mcinerney, the ball didn't go to his wing often. It was sort of stuck on Dylan Stephens wing, also JPK playing HB took away some of his opportunities. Hopefully JPK *s off from HB and Mcinerney can just some more chances in that position. Have faith Mcinerney owners!

View attachment 1350404

View attachment 1350406

I own BigFooty 😂

Mids and Fwds went nuts. Rucks/Defence was decent. If I backed my big gut, I would've had a bigger score but went with the more common sense option. Fk common sense, never listen to it kids...

I was flirting with Trac instead of Macrae and Marshall/Witts instead of O'Brien but once Darcy was ruled out I went for O'Brien. I don't regret it but it's annoying. I went with safety of Macrae v Trac, so I feel like a little bitch now haha.
Solid effort. See how your common sense holds up next week!

re Mcinerney, the ball didn't go to his wing often. It was sort of stuck on Dylan Stephens wing, also JPK playing HB took away some of his opportunities. Hopefully JPK fu**s off from HB and Mcinerney can just some more chances in that position. Have faith Mcinerney owners!
Thanks for the info, disappointing he got stuck on a wing...Will be at the game on Friday so will inspect him (and Buddy) closely, go Swannies!

For those who watched Norths match

How did you feel about Xerri, his role and scoring potential with Goldy & CCJ in the side?

I thought he looked good. CCJ will be lucky to hold his spot. He was rubbish. Hopefully Comben gets a crack soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back