Game Day 2022 SC Round 1 - Let's Get Ready To Ramble

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year where we're about to hit crazy season on the board.

In order to keep some order around the place, I've locked all threads except the standard ones that we have during the season - refer #5. Will leave the rate my preseason thread going until final lockout.

Any new threads that don't fit in to the standard structure will likely end up merged with either an existing suitable thread, or the General Chat thread as a catch-all.

Good luck to everyone - this is one of the toughest years to pick a starting side that I can remember.

So you plan to use two trades to make 170k profit? Ludicrious.

Its 1 trade down

With the benefit of hindsight had i selected Lipinski , Witts & Green instead of McInerney ,Gawn & Berry i would extremely happy with my team the way it sits with the amount of rookies i have and how they went this week.

Im effectively using 3 trades after 2 weeks to make $280k straight away but with the increase and decrease of the exiting players it could end up over $400k in 3 weeks time.

To be honest i was expecting to use 4 trades in the 2 rounds to adjust mistakes or make changes with selected rookies had i got them drastically wrong

Huh? You think Witts will score more than Gawn for the remainder of the year? That Witts will be in your team at Round 23? Surely not.

NO but i think Witts is looking like getting to $600k in 7-10 weeks and Gawn is pretty much at a high price already and i could utilize the cash saving to upgrade Berry to green and McInerney to Lipinski.

So, you agree that Witts is not a keeper and will need to be traded out/upgraded. Circling back to my original post - you effectively plan to use two trades to make a 170k profit.

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Post team plenty to help.

No need to trade this week?

But next week yes before price changes
Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 1.46.06 pm.png

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
I’m trying to be polite but is this a joke? You have so many players that didn’t even play. Do you not check the teams when announced?
I Genuinely would start a new team and just enter from this week.
No haha I think I just messed up the round, and I thought the subs didn't mean anything

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So, you agree that Witts is not a keeper and will need to be traded out/upgraded. Circling back to my original post - you effectively plan to use two trades to make a 170k profit.
Not really , Whilst i do get where you are coming from it gives me the option to keep witts if he scores 110+ there would be no reason to go back to Gawn
unless i have enough trades when finals arrive.

keithrichards

Premiership Player
Dec 11, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s going to take a lot of work to get this team to a 2000+ scoring team.

The key thing in this game is buying low and selling high. Getting the starting team right is so important, to minimize the number of trades you need across the season.

Generally I’d look for a starting a team with a balance of:

‘Premiums’ - players who will score 90+ each week and will remain in your team for the entire year. Generally $550k or more. (Gawn, Macrae, Petracca etc)

Most teams around here would have 12+ genuine premiums in their starting team, which they hope will remain in their team for the full season, without needing to be traded at any time.

‘Cash cows’ - cheap players (sub ~$200k) that will play each week and rise in price (Daicos, Rachelle, Nick Martin, Horne-Francis etc). Having a full squad of playing players is really important, rookies who do not play, do not make $$$!

‘Mid pricers’ - players who are middle of the range, often premiums who have fallen in price, or players who are expected to take the next step due to change in club, role or natural progression (Coniglio, Hewett, Rowell etc). Generally, these are expected to step up to premium status and remain in your team all year, or at worst will jump up in price $200k and allow you to easily upgrade them to a genuine premium who may have dropped in price.

Unfortunately, at the moment, you only have a couple of genuine premiums, and no cash cows.

You have a plethora of mid-pricers, however very few of them are likely to significantly improve in output this year, so they’re not really doing their job.

I’d say before prices start moving after round 3, you need to make 6 trades to bring in as many of the cash cows as possible, and mid pricers like Lipinski, Rowell, Hewett.

You’ve come to the right place for advice, there are some genuine rippers here who are willing to help out. Unfortunately, you’ll probably cop some grief for your team in the short term too, as it’s a long way off the standard of the board. Just ignore it - we all gotta start somewhere!

Last edited:
May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
It’s going to take a lot of work to get this team to a 2000+ scoring team.

The key thing in this game is buying low and selling high and getting the starting team right is important, so minimize the number of trades you need across the season. Generally I’d look for a starting a team with a balance of:

‘Premiums’ - players who will score 90+ each week and will remain in your team for the entire year. Generally $550k or more. (Gawn, Macrae, Petracca etc)

Most teams around here would have 12+ genuine premiums in their starting team, which they hope will remain in their team for the full season, without needing to be traded at any time.

‘Cash cows’ - cheap players (sub ~$200k) that will play each week and rise in price (Daicos, Rachelle, Nick Martin, Horne-Francis etc). Having a full squad of playing players is really important, rookies who do not play, do not make $$$!

‘Mid pricers’ - players who are middle of the range, often premiums who have fallen in price, or players who are expected to take the next step due to change in club, role or natural progression (Coniglio, Hewett, Rowell etc). Generally, these are expected to step up to premium status and remain in your team all year, or at worst will jump up in price $200k and allow you to easily upgrade them to a genuine premium who may have dropped in price.

Unfortunately, at the moment, you only have a couple of genuine premiums, and no cash cows.

You have a plethora of mid-pricers, however very few of them are likely to significantly improve in output this year, so they’re not really doing their job.

I’d say before prices start moving after round 3, you need to make 6 trades to bring in as many of the cash cows as possible, and mid pricers like Lipinski, Rowell, Hewett.

You’ve come to the right place for advice, there are some genuine rippers here who are willing to help out. Unfortunately, you’ll probably cop some grief for your team in the short term too, just ignore it - you gotta start somewhere!
Now this is what I mean by goodwill and fun banter, beautiful work, ancient one.

Wow where do you start?

If it was me I'd be using this as a learning experience on how to maximise trades to fix a quite frankly s**t team.

How much cash do you have in the bank?

I'd go with the booting the highest price DNPs. Not only do you need players to score you need rookies and bench players to score so they go up in value and then you can upgrade them.

I'd be looking to trade out these as a priority.
Walker (although he may play R2 if buckets is out with concussion)
Stringer
Melksham
Alir is having ankle surgery so won't be playing

Then look at who you can trade in for them.

Definitely activate boosts this week and next so you can make three changes each week.

If it was me I'd be trading out
Alir
Stringer
Melksham

That gives you $1,268,500 in cash

Move Cogs to forward line

Trade in
Daicos
Raechele
Doc/Hall/Hewett
Rowell and Lipinski should definitely be on your radar.

Bank the cash and then repeat next week with culling non players.

Keepers I see in your current team.

Backs - nil (I'd hold Rioli and Bowey)
Mids - Macrae and Petracca (but I'd hold Anderson, Cogs, Thomas)
Rucks - Gawn (on historical form)
Forwards - nil (I'd hold Brown)

Good luck in seeing how much you can improve the team over the season.

Last edited:

keithrichards

Premiership Player
Dec 11, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Now this is what I mean by goodwill and fun banter, beautiful work, ancient one.
I’ve picked up so much from this board over the years. Finally a young buck has joined in, and I feel I have the runs on the board to provide some insight.

Plus I have the day off work and have been parked on the couch all arvo doing SFA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back