Game Day 2022 SC Round 10 - Sir Doug Nicholls - PREUSS OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to scrape 2417 after trading Cogs and keeping Martin. No Oliver or Cogs and a poor game by Cumming, my week rescued by Dawson, Titch and Cameron. Only lost 20 positions in the overall sneaking just above 150.

Unfortunately Cogs had a game out of the box, pinching a lot of Jelly's possessions. Hope the game against West Coast is an outlier as I have painted myself in to a corner trade wise by going full premo in the mids this week. Normally if your new trade in scores 125 one is happy. Not so when the player you traded out scores 140 and is commonly owned by most of your opponents of the week.

Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
SC.jpg

Cripps & Miller the letdowns.
Two of my mid bench scored more than Clark.
Curnow again, new recruit Walsh & Houston the shout-outs.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
After tumbling 7,500 spots last week .....thought Preuss out would help me recover some ranking to launch 2nd half of the season LOL

It was my midfield that caused the stumble .....it is the midfield that yet again, is an anchor holding back my destiny

Touk Touk :poo: Cripps :poo: Neale :poo: Macrae :poo: Laird :poo:.....I can put any "cheap" player on field to get these scores, you keep churning out ....you putrid excuses for SC Players !!

Neale (C) and Gawn in a week I needed to capitalise on Preuss out ......what a disaster !!!!!!

Witts is now more expensive than Gawn .....WTF !!

1653253745432.png
Anger Betrayal.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
True Story!
View attachment 1407386
Think I've left my run a bit late this year.... see what happens over the Byes...
You could go gangbusters throughout the bye period and catch up quickly.

If I had 25 trades left, I'd use 3 this week to get myself 1/2 premos.

Then each round of the byes, swap out 4 off premos with 4 who are playing. If you juggle it right, you could have the 4 you take for Rd 12 also playing in R13. If you then do the same for Rd 13/14 trades, you can have a super squad through the byes.

You'll still have 10 trades left.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Martin and Whitfield this week and then then 4/4/4 route is worth considering, I reckon.

805K gets you Sicily for Whitfield for example and then you can consider where you want a playing rookie with the old DPP magic. Something like that leaves you 110K to start the bye turbo road, should you so desire.

Stephens is clogging you as is Pedlar. You aren't too bad for R12, R13 looks very shaky, even with 4 in/4 out idea. I'd consider moving SDK FWD in Martin's place for now and perhaps look at Wehr at GWS. Only scored 51, but it was a good 51; WC didn't own the territory so he didn't get near it that often, but he was all class. Against proper sides, he'll get a lot more chances to get involved. He also plays Rd13, which fills a handy hole.

After tumbling 7,500 spots last week .....thought Preuss out would help me recover some ranking to launch 2nd half of the season LOL

It was my midfield that caused the stumble .....it is the midfield that yet again, is an anchor holding back my destiny

Touk Touk :poo: Cripps :poo: Neale :poo: Macrae :poo: Laird :poo:.....I can put any "cheap" player on field to get these scores, you keep churning out ....you putrid excuses for SC Players !!

Neale (C) and Gawn in a week I needed to capitalise on Preuss out ......what a disaster !!!!!!

Witts is now more expensive than Gawn .....WTF !!

View attachment 1407081View attachment 1407082

Akin to my performance on the weekend, with 4 of my past 5 weeks being putrid.

8 premos in total - Doc/Brayshaw/Gawn/Touk/Cripps/Neale/Macrae/Laird all failed for me.

Every time I bring in a premo instead of improving, my team seems to get shitter, super frustrating and makes absolutely no sense. This week I brought in Laird as a replacement for Steele, who is probably the most reliable and consistent MID on offer - and he somehow scores like shite the week I bring him in?! Thankfully my other new recruit in Sinclair (replacement for Whitfield) managed a decent score.

Oh, and I can't forget Butters who I held up until 2 weeks ago and persisted with, yet scores back to back tons the week after I trade him. This season can seriously get in the bin.

Meanwhile someone in my league has a team full of midpricers and is ranked just outside of the Top 1k.

17 trades and 4 upgrades to go, and yet my team is scoring like I have 10+ upgrades to go. I'll bring in another in Parker this week, and no doubt my team will find a way to s**t the bed. How hard is it for all of my premos to fire off in one week? :'(

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 4.46.22 pm.png

SCE R10 DJ TEAM.png

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Akin to my performance on the weekend, with 4 of my past 5 weeks being putrid.

8 premos in total - Doc/Brayshaw/Gawn/Touk/Cripps/Neale/Macrae/Laird all failed for me.

Every time I bring in a premo instead of improving, my team seems to get shitter, super frustrating and makes absolutely no sense. This week I brought in Laird as a replacement for Steele, who is probably the most reliable and consistent MID on offer - and he somehow scores like shite the week I bring him in?! Thankfully my other new recruit in Sinclair (replacement for Whitfield) managed a decent score.

Oh, and I can't forget Butters who I held up until 2 weeks ago and persisted with, yet scores back to back tons the week after I trade him. This season can seriously get in the bin.

Meanwhile someone in my league has a team full of midpricers and is ranked just outside of the Top 1k.

17 trades and 4 upgrades to go, and yet my team is scoring like I have 10+ upgrades to go. I'll bring in another in Parker this week, and no doubt my team will find a way to s**t the bed. How hard is it for all of my premos to fire off in one week? :'(

View attachment 1407944

View attachment 1407941
Kelly, Curtis, Baldwin and CMac are killing you, as is having to field Martin, McCartin AND Rioli. You'll likely have to trade SDK and McCartin at this rate, too and find rookies to sustain you - Stephens and Wehr could find a nice juicy JS role over the next little while, they have both shown plenty with limited exposure. Cleary looks good, but JS awful, with Duryea almost ready.

Kelly, Curtis, Baldwin and CMac are killing you, as is having to field Martin, McCartin AND Rioli. You'll likely have to trade SDK and McCartin at this rate, too and find rookies to sustain you - Stephens and Wehr could find a nice juicy JS role over the next little while, they have both shown plenty with limited exposure. Cleary looks good, but JS awful, with Duryea almost ready.

Kelly/Curtis/Baldwin/CMac aren't killing me; in fact all of them bar Curtis are useful loophole options allowing me to screen scores of Hobbs/McComb/Curtis off the bench, and helped me take advantage of Hobbs' uptick in scoring in recent weeks. I had the option on the weekend, but gambled unsuccessfully on Clark outscoring him.

In terms of Martin/McCartin, a heap are fielding both in their teams up until the weekend at least (check out SC Gold for that data), so that too isn't reason for my team being s**t outside of the norm of other teams copping the same impact by fielding them. It is quite literally the premos not performing like premos.

SDK becomes Parker this week, so that is one key move. Have only had to field Rioli last week, and this week (and with the ability to screen his score off the bench) - as was the plan - and will swing Hobbs/McComb forward when they get DPP FWD/MID eligibility next week to play as F6 alongside McCartin at F5 for one week before I upgrade McCartin to Bont/Smith/English.

Trouble is, FWDs have been absolute shite all year, and plan has always been to wait until DPP changes come in to bring in genuine scorers instead of having to settle for lesser premos such as Heeney who is hot and cold.

Last edited:
gutsroy your eternal optimism is unequalled on this board, and I think this is one of the qualities of your character that we all hold most dear.

It's also occasionally unwarranted and as much as I wish that a "good old-fashioned care bear stare" could fix my team, those rays of love offer as much hope as Andrew Bolt trying to reimagine reality in a world that despises Andrew Bolt.

I love you brother, but we're going to let this one go, okay? No shame.
Putting the silly stuff aside for a sec, I feel your pain. (Post side if you like, never hurts to have another set of eyes run over the lineup.)
Been some strange disturbances in the force this year.
A lot of counterintuitive tactics coming off, certain midpricers going off chops whilst others just tread water.
Blokes off LTIs like Wittsy and Sic defying the usual trend to come back slightly quieter (and Wittsy seemingly profiting from being in Vlad Putin's SC squad and old Vlad arranging a few 'accidents' for his opponents at just the right time etc.)
(And on the actual footy front, it's been a horrible one for Essendon fans - was genuinely optimistic for your chances going in, but the injuries and a few deficiencies have savaged you, must be shithouse to look on at.)
There's already a fair old gulf between us also-rans and those closer to the top... Reckon there might even be a launch of the ghost ship fleet a touch earlier as folks burn trades and just don't make inroads. The rich get richer, the poor can please (or go fornicate with) themselves.
In my main cashie, I've lost two games in a row by 2 / 3 points on random late scaling, it deadset does your head in.

care-bear-love-a-lot-bear.gif

Others will be going through the motions soon enough...

But we can still make up ground over the byes with good planning and hope our bandy-legged and cross-eyed bands of bumble*s channel their inner Steve Bradbury come SC Finals, which is probably all we've got left to play for.

And if this doesn't help, as it doubtless won't, I might just be forced to introduce you to a very special care bear who's even more persuasive than the others... He told me he'd very much like you to harness the positive... no pressure.
200 (1).gif

Good luck with it, mate, and hope the Bombers start pricking up. Your kids look pretty bloody fair tbh, old Dodo's done OK the last two drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back