Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
2022-Banner-Black-White-Goodes6.png

Welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round part 1 .....part 2 to be Round 11, next week .....I have to admit, this round is one of the most exhilarating rounds of the footy calendar .....pomp, pageantry, and ceremonial

Certainly expecting my side to bounce back, after what can only be called, a 1652870933232.png catastrophic Round 9 .......a perfect storm occurring with my team ... a team, I wouldn't have described as capable of churning out the score it did
Being the optimist, that I am .....I quickly got the 1652870933232.png rage out of my system Sunday Night .....and buckled up for an assault to climb back up the rankings

By this time of the season, we're starting to see some team variations .....choices of player (A) over player (B) ....these selections can propel our season's fwd, or bring them unstuck.
Planning for the Byes, if not already started, should be top of mind ....with future trades. None so important as for Steele owners, the guy we saw as Mr Invincible, Dependable, and Robust .....yeah, well all the freaking rules have gone out the window, this year .....Preuss is looking unbreakable (hope I just jinxed him :)), whilst dependable's like Steele break ... like an egg

humpty.gif

Little role changes, can have a dramatic impact on our players scoring ..... Short was "the man" in the RICH midfield ....then in the last 2 weeks, Cotchin & Prestia have been added to the midfield .....with Short confined to HFF for long periods last week .....but am I unhappy, no ! ...... I prefer the optimistic POV & to take the high ground with these discussions ....... I wish Cotchin & Prestia all the best at the "G" this weekend & I'm sure, given RICH are playing the Red & Black Traffic Cones, there'll be enough points to spread around ......just in case though:

Voodoo Doll.1.gif

If you haven't heard the news .....GWS have a new Coach ....an ESS former player, so I'm sure that'll just work out fine. However, part of my cunning plan on resurrecting my Fantasy side, is the hope begging praying strong belief 1652870933232.png shonky Whitfield will be reborn, as a running DEF / WING ......throwing s**t, at all those unfaithful Coach's that had the foresight short-sightedness to kick his arse to the curb
Fancy ditching Cogs, after giving me a slight case of infantile reflux to his scoring, the last 2 weeks ......Jelly decided, it's that time of the year to 1652870933232.png with our heads, yet again .....an annual event, happens every year, like clockwork ......just like the Flu ....and like the Flu, you just know you're going to be sick, as a Jelly owner
This week, it's GWS, at home, against the WCE ......who'll be playing 21 men ....as they can't find a Ruckman ....and yet again Preuss has a free ride ....... 1652870933232.png .... 1652870933232.png !!!!!
Hopefully, GWS will be so consumed with kicking goals .....they won't give a **** about Greg Clark getting disposals ......it'll be a picnic event, and fun will be had by all

Big decisions this week, with our (VC) and (C) options ......Macrea, has an enviable Mars Stadium record ....so do you overlook Cripps / Mills, in favour of Macrea .....or do you put the (VC) on Witts .....who's playing a "homebrand" Bulldogs Ruckman
Then we have Oliver, up against North .....Neale playing a youthful HAWKS Midfield ? .....Mr Reliable Roy Laird ? .....or even Andy Brayshaw against a COLL side, which may be less than Crispy ??
Make or break calls !!

So many of the high % players, have a favourable round ......Stewart & SDK at the Cattery .....the Bulldogs on a Mars Track, that seems to bamboozle most visiting sides .....Gold Coast, not used to the cold & wind, may in fact revolutionise the AFL this weekend ....wearing long sleeves & leg-ins, filled with heat beads ......bring back the memories, of when real men played footy & you broke each other's teeth, or cheekbones ....then had a laugh about it over a beer

1595731703558_ea7150af64dfe9a572f66836602f3e9b.jpeg

I don't normally talk up a Crows match ......but this week's matchup with the SAINTS, promises to be a good matchup ....... Laird, Dawson, should have big games, against a side, minus Capt Steele .....does that impact Sinclair, as well ? ......I'm expecting another big game from Gresham, against a Crows DEF, that isn't what you'd say, is all that organised, professional, or for that matter .....good

SBS promises to be out in force, this week ..... it never fails to bring us down, after a successful Friday / Saturday

I hope, everyone has a great round .....that all your trades succeed ....and that Preuss does a hammy in the 1st Qtr (only joking) ??

giphy.gif

NOTE: This OP unfortunately had to have sections redacted, after being run past our Legal Dept ........a bunch of oversensitive Boomer Munchkins, they are !!

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What was wrong with Round 9 - the carnage was great :devil:

Bring on MOAR carnage!

Just not to my players!
The best type of carnage is actually not someone missing team selection.
Its someone coming down with gastro at quarter time and giving you a 16 score.
While being fine for next week so you don't even get the buz from trading them.

May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers, Port Melbourne.
The best type of carnage is actually not someone missing team selection.
Its someone coming down with gastro at quarter time and giving you a 16 score.
While being fine for next week so you don't even get the buz from trading them.
I reckon it's even more fun when you field a bloke who plays all day and scores 13. Thanks for that, Ben Hobbs(then scores 95 the following week when benched).

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is the week it all comes together; we all crash through the 2600 barrier and then find that 2700 was needed to make ground. Some of those top teams look mighty fine, folks, mighty fine.
I've given up on chasing the front runners. I'm just interested in holding my rank from here on.

Wonder if McComb will get dropped for Crozier/Smith. West played well. Bailey Williams looked alright on a wing. If they want to make a change, McComb on the chopping block I reckon. Hopefully they just go unchanged, he has a good game and then makes it to his bye. If he gets to $250k by rd13 that's a solid $150k gain

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wonder if McComb will get dropped for Crozier/Smith. West played well. Bailey Williams looked alright on a wing. If they want to make a change, McComb on the chopping block I reckon. Hopefully they just go unchanged, he has a good game and then makes it to his bye. If he gets to $250k by rd13 that's a solid $150k gain
Bevo was asked about the three rookies after the game and he said he was happy with them.
McComb needs two more game to get dpp.
I'm praying to the sc gods he plays this week.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
As buttox said I reckon he gets at least one more game.

Will ton up, get DPP and make $200k

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bevo was asked about the three rookies after the game and he said he was happy with them.
McComb needs one more game to get dpp.
I'm praying to the sc gods he plays this week.
I think he stays this week but with the shuffling of the magnets he’ll likely go out of the team soon. We need to get more out of Bailey Williams and Daniel so could see them moving up the ground, West just looks a better player, Garcia back training.

Been a tough two weeks for me. Time to turn it around.

I've focused on strengthening my lines and getting rookies off the field rather than knee jerk corrective trades, hoping guys like Cogs and Butters can repay the faith and my premos can act like premos.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think he stays this week but with the shuffling of the magnets he’ll likely go out of the team soon. We need to get more out of Bailey Williams and Daniel so could see them moving up the ground, West just looks a better player, Garcia back training.
r12 is what I want him for mainly.
If he plays until then I should get a decent downgrade from him.
pretty much certain to get dpp.
fingers crossed.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
r12 is what I want him for mainly.
If he plays until then I should get a decent downgrade from him.
pretty much certain to get dpp.
fingers crossed.
Yes it's all hands to the pump for R12. Warm bodies are required. McComb needs to play 3 more games.

Be really handy if a R14 bye rookie appeared this week and played through the byes.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
No mention of Port in the write up again

Looks like WaynesWorld19 has those blinkers on again.

In retaliation I hope Preuss goes 150+ this weekend.
Are they playing this weekend .....must have missed that :moustache:

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Butler spudded it last weekend, maybe him if he goes better this week. Wonder how long he stays in. Playing well would help of course.

What about Goater? Is he going to get a go soon?
Last week was his first game back from concussion.
He did not set the house on fire.
A few weeks away at a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back