Game Day 2022 SC Round 11 - Sir Doug Nicholls (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
2022-Banner-Black-Blue-Goodes2.png

Welcome to Round 11 ....the 2nd Sir Doug Nicholls round in the AFL calendar ...and the prelude to the R12 Bye, the commencement of what we all eagerly await every year .... the Bye Rounds

In what fantasy universe would a round score of 2,370 be considered a poor round ...this year though is indeed no ordinary year ...many (sic) Coach's have almost completed sides already .....some of us feel like the Tortoise, in the race with the Hare ....let's hope a similar race outcome occurs
At best, we pray for a Steven Bradbury "event" .....maybe, I'm a dreamer ...maybe an optimist ....maybe a nutcase ....but I have to cling-on to hope .....for, it is hope which drives our weekly trading, much like our AFL teams ....of course, unless you are North Melbourne or West Coast supporters

ef0f85024e4671bc635e50d7474f9789.gif

Last week, we saw yet another round of unusual scores .....did you pick, predict, Brodie & Cogs going 140 each .....fun fact, did you know, 18 x players scored 130 or more last week .....another 16 x players who scored 120 or more
So how the **** did I manage to have 6 x Premo's NOT to even reach 100 ....no doubt, the SC Gods are prejudiced against certain Coach's, they play with our emotions, in an array of differing scenario's .....they give us hope ....hope, with players, early round scores ...only to cut us down in brutal fashion ....many I think, can empathise with these scenarios

Hope ....a good emotion or bad ???

What does R11 promise ? .....well, some R14 Rookies would be nice ......Gawn to disprove the fraud accusations .....Gawn, Touk Touk & Cripps ..."Do Something, Do ! .. Don't Think, Don't Hope, Do ! ..... At Least you can say I Did Something !!! "

The SYD v RICH game promises some intriguing match-ups .....Mills v Short, both should give their owners hope ...Mills a good (VC) option
We also have Lizard, McCartin, Heeney, Lloyd ...yes, some of us have Lloyd ...versus Vlastuin & Rioli .....being played at the SCG slants the scoring probability in SYD's favour

Will Preuss play this week ....there appeared "some doubt" during the week ....will Whitfield play & where ? .....do many of you actually care ?
I'm assuming from pressers, during the week, Cogs will again be playing in the midfield .....but GWS can't play WCE every week ...and this week he meets the inconsistent Neale ....that ultra reliable (C) option and relentless scorer .....I could & will add Macrae to category as well

Angry Pathetic.gif

Zorko owners would be a bit disillusioned after last week's performance ....one would imagine a scenario, Luggage out will lead to a positive bias of Zorko's scoring curve

Does lightening strike twice .....can a player score heavily one week & back-up the next week ....so far, every week Piggy Oliver has gone big, he's flopped the next .....so will that trend continue against FREO ....a match, at home, against a faltering FREO ....a match, you'd imagine will suit Piggy .....being a stupid man brilliant tactician, I'll stick the (VC) on him, hoping (there's that word again) Lightening can strike twice
As a Brayshaw owner, what can I say .....frustrating, fraud, dip****, skier ....don't make me hate you this weekend !!

Nelso has constantly complained, I never mention Port, in these write-ups ......well mate, Port are playing ESS this week

Celebration Sad.gif

And the "Gift" of the round is presented to the BULLDOGS ..... albeit they have to travel to kill their prey ..... some doubt on Bazza Smith, could be fruitful for the Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, & Treloar .....English playing no-one, a perfect reintroduction, after 2 weeks out with a nasty cough
Maybe Clark can score well, this round, during the junk-time period after Qtr time :think:

It's going to be a scoring bonanza ..... but who gets the (VC) (C)

its-so-beautiful-cry-touched-beauty-gif-5734766.gif

An opportunity for Touk to redeem some of his reputation in Darwin .....if he can't perform against a youthful HAW midfield, well let's not get ahead of ourselves
Big teaser ....what does Titch do ....brave to bring him in after one strong performance ....he could also be a game-changer for brave coach's .....like the Titanic, full of promise & hope ....I will have the gif available for use this weekend
Talking of the Titanic ....seems many are jumping ship on Brownlow hope, Rowell

For us Witts owners, we are indeed excited at the prospects of Witts versus ????? ......a contest that is intriguing and much anticipated

Super keen to watch the COLL v CARL match ......new recruit D.Cameron, does he solo ruck or will Cox make it back, after a near amputation of the hand ?
Cripps has the perfect opportunity to remind his 59% of owners, as to why they bought this piece of merchandise ......Crisp may have a tougher day against the likes of Hewett, Cera, and Kennedy ....a midfield other team's midfield's do not appear to score freely against

It promises to be yet another great round .....will it rival the heavy scoring rounds we've already experienced this year ....we can only hope ....I just hope this positivity flows over to my team ....please

clapping Austin.gif

Last edited:
I take a look at the top ranked teams every week.
This is the first week I reckon they are all complete.
Some amazing teams floating around for this time of year.
Boosts have done awesome work.
Bunch of pussies the current top 10.
No stamina. They went boost boost friggin boost from the get go. Too hard too early.
Easy win by TKO in the 20th round.
Dont you worry about it :thumbsu:

So, I had a look at a few club boards this morning, not something I'll be doing again.I can understand having a passion for your club, but how you can't have an appreciation/respect for others I don't understand. I like footy and without 17 other clubs there is no Carlton. Brisbane of the early 2000's was one of the teams I really enjoyed watching, Hawthorn 2008(mainly cause of 1 player) likewise. Maybe Supercoach helps open your eyes to other clubs/players or forces you to put up with them, whatever it is if this board was anything like some(all ?) of them I sure as hell wouldn't be spending 1 second here.
So, basically this is just a Thankyou, kudos to those of you who help make this a fun/enjoyable place to be.

So, I had a look at a few club boards this morning, not something I'll be doing again.I can understand having a passion for your club, but how you can't have an appreciation/respect for others I don't understand. I like footy and without 17 other clubs there is no Carlton. Brisbane of the early 2000's was one of the teams I really enjoyed watching, Hawthorn 2008(mainly cause of 1 player) likewise. Maybe Supercoach helps open your eyes to other clubs/players or forces you to put up with them, whatever it is if this board was anything like some(all ?) of them I sure as hell wouldn't be spending 1 second here.
So, basically this is just a Thankyou, kudos to those of you who help make this a fun/enjoyable place to be.

This is 100% the best forum on the whole site.

I almost never go onto the tigers board. Too many drop kicks on there.

Top 10 trade ins before teams are announced.
View attachment 1409025
Top 10 trade outs
View attachment 1409026
There is definitely a Eagle/North factor in play nowadays,Was trying to work out why so many were jumping on English when they could wait a week or two, then I saw who the dogs are playing. I got Sinclair last week,good pick but you can't buy last weeks score, ah Playing North,that would be a factor as well.Then again maybe there are more lemmings playing this game than I thought, and I would buy the pig if it came with last weeks score as well, did he slip under the radar and people suddenly realised "ooh I should have that in my side"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is definitely a Eagle/North factor in play nowadays,Was trying to work out why so many were jumping on English when they could wait a week or two, then I saw who the dogs are playing. I got Sinclair last week,good pick but you can't buy last weeks score, ah Playing North,that would be a factor as well.Then again maybe there are more lemmings playing this game than I thought, and I would buy the pig if it came with last weeks score as well, did he slip under the radar and people suddenly realised "ooh I should have that in my side"
Gold Coast and Geelong Have North and WC SC grand final week.
North have GC and GWS through the byes.
WC have Adelaide and Geelong.

I take a look at the top ranked teams every week.
This is the first week I reckon they are all complete.
Some amazing teams floating around for this time of year.
Boosts have done awesome work.
Are they all converging?

It will be hard to have more than 5 differences in the best 22

Supercoach a good way to watch other matches outside of your club. Gets you to appreciate the other teams a bit more. I really use this game as a way to enhance my viewing. Give me something else to be cheering for if my team isn’t involved.

Are they all converging?

It will be hard to have more than 5 differences in the best 22
Most are full premo with a dpp m8.
That is before any trades this week.
Cameron is in most teams.
Most also have 6 x 110ish average defenders.
Very similar but we do have viable PODs on a few lines.

Last edited:
Gold Coast and Geelong Have North and WC SC grand final week.
North have GC and GWS through the byes.
WC have Adelaide and Geelong.

West Coast won't be as bad later in the season once they start getting their good players back fit. Nic Nat makes a massive difference to them.

Supercoach a good way to watch other matches outside of your club. Gets you to appreciate the other teams a bit more. I really use this game as a way to enhance my viewing. Give me something else to be cheering for if my team isn’t involved.
I've found it helps me from gambling, don't need to put money on to get really invested in a game when you can just cheer for your SC players.

I've found it helps me from gambling, don't need to put money on to get really invested in a game when you can just cheer for your SC players.
What gambling problems are you talking about - I just make lots of donations :p

Friend Conversation GIF

The Hawthorn board this arvo has been trying to talk sense into a few posters who are dismissive of Will Snelling finishing 3rd in the best and fairest of a team who made finals, all because he plays for Essendon.

Much better when people can be completely honest and leave the biases at the door. This board is great for that because we all play a game that is literally based on players effectiveness. We get excited about effective footballers from all 18 teams and it helps maintain a fandom of the sport of Aussie rules over simply following a club with blind passion and rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back