Game Day 2022 SC Round 15; if you never post but got a good score for the first time in 20 years let us know

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good win mate. Your boys too good for us today.
Sean Darcy is such an impressive specimen in the flesh.

I even had a group of well-dressed random strangers who were sitting in my vicinity directly under the Blues coaching box muttering “Hodor” in unison every time he touched the ball.

‘‘Twas a great day.

I tell you another player that was exciting to watch live - Michael Frederick. ******* jet. The stats didn’t really do him justice but he has a bright future.

My SuperCoach teams future on the other hand is not so bright. Having an absolute mare.

3C59671D-82CA-4438-8CF1-14C17F6608D6.jpeg

6D64DAA4-14A9-4C4A-87F9-86B30DDA3AD3.jpeg
6A801D81-63CC-4EFC-94BF-10D845E12B4D.gif

Missed the lockout on Thursday night and couldn't get Big0. Couldn't get Darcy because Jackson was locked at R2.

Wanted to keep Butters and take Willie Rioli, but didn't have the balls.

Didn't want Clarke, was desperate for Hollands but he never got his chance. If Hollands was named I may have taken both Clarke and Hollands and kept Butters.

Clarke and Heeney came in to cover the missing premos (Hough on field as well).

Missing 4/23 premos in one week will kill ya. Just unfortunate.

Anyway Stewart missing weeks will be great for non-owners.

I might trade Heeney out after 1 week...

Thankfully I'm on route to Europe, so * SC.

I'll be a bit less active over the next few weeks, but don't worry, I'll still come on to provide entertainment with my melts.

Wishing you legends all the best, hopefully somebody from BF SC takes home the major prize ❤️

Wishing you legends all the best, hopefully somebody from BF SC takes home the major prize ❤️
Too easy. I'm just making my run extra, extra late and coming from rank 7000. You heard it here first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, fellas, and sorry, been running around like a blue-arsed fly, didn't even get to witness Lizard doing Lizard things.
Prick's outrageous 😍

You should have seen the string where he had three handballs and the final kick inside 50 mate. It was orgasmic.

He was shafted in the end last night, deserved 135-140 IMO.

If having the Lizard in your completed 22 is wrong, I don't want to be right

This is by no means an attempt to gloat, but I feel like every year, I'm making the point that holding onto maxed out, expensive rookies purely for bench coverage, and at the expense of getting rolled gold uber premos on your field, is hardly ever worth it.

There would be plenty of coaches that held onto Paddy purely for weeks like this one, and as a result, are forced to run sub-SPs in their D6/M8/F6 position because they weren't able to cash in on one of the best cows. They then cop a 50ish score that any old sub-250k rookie could realistically churn out for their trouble.

IMO, you should only bother with >300k bench coverage if:

a. You've got a premo or fallen premo as coverage (someone who's almost certain to score at least 75-80+ when called upon for cover, and someone you can loop on a weekly basis)
b. You're so low on trades that you can't justify trading them out
c. You've absolutely nailed your onfield selections and have the luxury of keeping them without needing to upgrade anywhere on field.

I suppose the point I'm making is that you should really consider how many times you're likely to need to call upon bench cover (have a look at previous years for an indicator), and whether fielding a 65-ish maxed out rookie over a bargain basement one that can get you a 50 or so a handful of times in the back-end of the season is worth running with a 105 averaging mid vs a 120 averaging mid week-in, week-out for instance.

Anyway, sounding preachy so I'll leave it at that.
It's an interesting take and one I'm trying to work out myself. This week for example I needed to call up 2 rookies - Paddy who got me no more than MRJ would've, but then SDK who has outscored many of my premos. So even this week the jury is still out. Those that held Nick Daicos have been rewarded over those that booted him for Khamis or someone. There's examples both ways.

I feel like the difference lies this year with two things. The first, as mentioned a few times, is the Covid / Flu aspect, with players missing a week, where I think reasonable bench coverage is coming in handy. The second is just the lack of decent rookies. I would've happily moved on McCartin and/or SDK weeks ago if I could find even a rookie I could rely on for a 50 or so. But who are they? The new rookies are scoring terribly and have terrible job security, and the sub rule makes things worse.

Your argument is 120 on field most weeks with an occasional 50 off the bench, versus 100 on field most weeks with an occasional 75 off the bench. And it's a fair point and I totally get the reasoning. But to me it feels like 100 on field most weeks with the occasional 75 versus 120 on field with the occasional 0. And 0s scare me, the player you've backed for 120 on field may sometimes end up a 50, or a 200, but a donut remains a donut.

For the record I'll be moving Paddy on as soon as he's not needed on field and using his cash for a couple of luxury upgrades, but I reckon SDK and Butters will be held as swing cover. I think it'll be interesting to see which way it goes.

1927/17 (c)
Mills captain taking the shine off what could have been a real rank rising effort, especially with 2 rooks on field this week.

Only 3 trades and Tommy Stewart getting a holiday will make things interesting…

Cameron, Himmelgull, Cogs, Wehr
Miller

to finish SBS :moustache:

17/1966(c)
It was so easy. Bunch of duds to fill a hole, so loop Amber Turdin and pick one of those Tiger spuds...MRJ or Clarke.
After Turdin did the predictable, only a complete buffoon would have picked MRJ over Clarke to fill that hole this week.
ygty.png 657.png 778.png
There goes another 40 point offering to the SC Gods. I've spent a fortune bribing those kents this year.

Laird Cogs Witts Crisp Miller to come.

One silver lining with the Saints horror show. Owens a good shot to come back next week.
Will depend on how much training he has been able to do under concussion protocols. Assuming he's cleared this week, might need a run in the VFL.
Teams without Sydney and St Kilda players (or only one) are miles in front now
I had zero players in last nights game and no. My team must just be s**t.

You should have seen the string where he had three handballs and the final kick inside 50 mate. It was orgasmic.

He was shafted in the end last night, deserved 135-140 IMO.

If having the Lizard in your completed 22 is wrong, I don't want to be right
5 tons in his last 6 games. Boom. He's no skink anymore. 100% goanna.

Bit jealous. Sweet pickup. He took about 6 rounds at 83 average to get going but had already risen about $80K in that time.

Bonus for you is his next 2 games, both at SCG, and both are repeat opponents already played this season. 106 v Dons, 96 v Dogs.

5 tons in his last 6 games. Boom. He's no skink anymore. 100% goanna.

Bit jealous. Sweet pickup. He took about 6 rounds at 83 average to get going but had already risen about $80K in that time.

Bonus for you is his next 2 games, both at SCG, and both are repeat opponents already played this season. 106 v Dons, 96 v Dogs.

Think the Ess game is at MCG but he's averaging 102 there (a single game lol) so all good

After accepting that Stewart was off for a long holiday, i then saw Parker get murdered in the first qtr. Threw s**t at the tele in disgust.
44 guys on the paddock, but there's no such thing as a 1 in 44 chance some bad s**t will happen to YOUR guy. Its always about 1 in 3 that the only one out of 44 blokes will be YOUR guy.

Happy with both though. Stewart deserves a month but at least went out the back door with a score, and Parker's a brick and battled on for something ok...he might be getting another concussion test though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back