Game Day 2022 SC Round 15; if you never post but got a good score for the first time in 20 years let us know

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/111 just VC Neale last night.

Big night ahead.

-Sicily (110+)
-Macrae C (130+)
-Dunkley (110+)
-Bont (110+)
-Merett (110+)

F U PARISH. Felt like a king after i traded him in and he averaged 140 across first 2 weeks in my team. 51 and two weeks on the sidelines since.

Would love 700 + points out of this lot tonight.
Actual
Sic 130+
Macca 100
Junkley 110
Bont 198, at the half
Zerrett -4

Bloke can't kick.

Went at 55% DE and that's propped up by his handballing and the stupid "40m+ = effective" ruling the CD have.

8 turnovers and 3 dropped marks didn't help either.

Was a great pick at the back end of last year, has been a very meh pick this year.

Won't be in a rush to get him in my side for future seasons.

I brought him in for Parish just so I could get a rookie score off my field. Had 7 trades and ranked a tick outside the top 10k, so time to be bold.

The one thing I liked was he looked to be trying his arse off. If he plays like that the rest of the season he'll score more 100's than sub-tons.

He was burnt by team mates so often last night that it was a 120+ gone begging. The poster on the half time siren was incredibly predictable as well the way his night was going.

There were at least two HTA he didn't get points for early doors.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it last night :moustache:

I bet he gets them next week, Hava Alle will have bombarded CD with complaints all week.
Nah feck them cheating kents. Prefer to bombard the BigFooty community with my disgust.

Seriously should be a conspiracy thread created for KOTD and robbed players.

No clue how Oliver became my captain. I reversed trades/rolled back and he ended up with it. Anyway, yeah worked out well, especially after his slow start.

here are my captain scores this year:
View attachment 1431198
Kudos to you. My average VC/C score has been 121. Miller last week and Cripps when he did his hammy were the biggest killers. But just heaps of average performers other than that.

Kudos to you. My average VC/C score has been 121. Miller last week and Cripps when he did his hammy were the biggest killers. But just heaps of average performers other than that.
Ah that sucks. I'm shocked I haven't had a score under 100. Usually I cop at least one injury effected shocker every year. Hopefully that keeps happening. 100 captain is what you want at worst, anything under 100 stings a lot.

No clue how Oliver became my captain. I reversed trades/rolled back and he ended up with it. Anyway, yeah worked out well, especially after his slow start.

View attachment 1431198

I was looking at my captain scores the other day as it seems to be the only thing I've been getting right lately.
Averaging 140 a week before this round, didn't put it on anyone last night.

Have had 2 under 100.
2 more under 110.
Only hit 1 VC score in the first 7 weeks.

But since round 8 I've had Oliver score 99 in R9 (after passing a Neale 115), and then nothing under 140.

View attachment 1431198
Take ‘em lucky breaks whenever you can.

You could have easily left the captaincy on a loopy player from the previous week!

BTW great capt avg - I need to do mine. At a guess 120ish

Still have no idea what I'm going to do this week.
Only $10k in the bank and 6 trades left.
Parish, English, Butters and De Goey all out.
Currently copping 2 donuts, and playing Hough at M8.
So I need to so something...

CStephens to Clarke gets me cash in the bank and and an extra score this week (and opens up the MID/FWD link)

Then the 2nd trade is doing my head in

Do I just cop a donut and hold everybody? (2 rookies and a donut doesn't sound fun though)

Butters or De Goey to Heeney? (I think De Goey will outscore Butters on the home stretch; both should only miss 1-3 weeks, don't think there's any point in trading both)

Argh wish Hollands was debuting, I'd happily roll the dice on him. ******* Stewey Dew the flog. Hope the Suns get destroyed, they don't make finals, he gets sacked, and Hollands signs for another club and wins a Brownlow.

I'm 3/513 +C, so it's a good start to be able to cop rookies and donuts

View attachment 1431198
A few other people posted that Oliver had become their captain without them selecting him, so SC was doing something strange. The week before last it did something similar to me when it made Short my captain in the first game of the round. I noticed too late and copped his 102. Had it stayed on the vc/c I'd selected I would have had Oliver's 141 so I wasn't happy. Looks like it worked out much better for you. Of course we're playing each other in Tragics this week :D

That Short score was my second worse captain score of the season. Last week's 100 from Touk was my worst. Only six scores under 130 so far and have only lost a total of 12 points by not taking a vc score that ended up better than my C. Average captain score of 135.5 so can't really complain.

A few other people posted that Oliver had become their captain without them selecting him, so SC was doing something strange. The week before last it did something similar to me when it made Short my captain in the first game of the round. I noticed too late and copped his 102. Had it stayed on the vc/c I'd selected I would have had Oliver's 141 so I wasn't happy. Looks like it worked out much better for you. Of course we're playing each other in Tragics this week :D

That Short score was my second worse captain score of the season. Last week's 100 from Touk was my worst. Only six scores under 130 so far and have only lost a total of 12 points by not taking a vc score that ended up better than my C. Average captain score of 135.5 so can't really complain.
I just realised I must have hit 'optimise' after I reversed my trades. Oliver projected 137, so the C went to him. Sinclair with a proj of 129 got the VC.

At this stage I have 2 donuts and 1 trash rookie (Hough), you'll have me covered easily.

Best case it's 2 cheap premos and 1 Hough
Likely it'll be 1 cheap premo and 2 rookies (Hough and Clarke)
If I decide to throw this week and bank on more carnage down the track, it'll be 2 rookies (Hough and Clarke) and 1 donut

Still have no idea what I'm going to do this week.
Only $10k in the bank and 6 trades left.
Parish, English, Butters and De Goey all out.
Currently copping 2 donuts, and playing Hough at M8.
So I need to so something...

CStephens to Clarke gets me cash in the bank and and an extra score this week (and opens up the MID/FWD link)

Then the 2nd trade is doing my head in

Do I just cop a donut and hold everybody? (2 rookies and a donut doesn't sound fun though)

Butters or De Goey to Heeney? (I think De Goey will outscore Butters on the home stretch; both should only miss 1-3 weeks, don't think there's any point in trading both)

Argh wish Hollands was debuting, I'd happily roll the dice on him. ******* Stewey Dew the flog. Hope the Suns get destroyed, they don't make finals, he gets sacked, and Hollands signs for another club and wins a Brownlow.

I'm 3/513 +C, so it's a good start to be able to cop rookies and donuts
Butters to Heeney - I wouldn't trust Butters scoring when he comes back

Heeney is a champ that you'll just have to embrace :p

Butters to Heeney - I wouldn't trust Butters scoring when he comes back

Heeney is a champ that you'll just have to embrace :p
Yeah I think I'm going to have to grab Peeney

I really don't want Clarke, but there's nobody else and I need to open up the MID/FWD link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised I must have hit 'optimise' after I reversed my trades. Oliver projected 137, so the C went to him. Sinclair with a proj of 129 got the VC.

At this stage I have 2 donuts and 1 trash rookie (Hough), you'll have me covered easily.

Best case it's 2 cheap premos and 1 Hough
Likely it'll be 1 cheap premo and 2 rookies (Hough and Clarke)
If I decide to throw this week and bank on more carnage down the track, it'll be 2 rookies (Hough and Clarke) and 1 donut
It looks like you have 23 keepers if you include Jackson. If it was me I'd trade out both DeGoey and Butters and bring in the best forward and the best available rookie. That would cover your donuts, gain you an ultra premo fwd (maybe Bont), still leave you with 22 keepers and a bank of over $200k to upgrade the worst of them later.

It looks like you have 23 keepers if you include Jackson. If it was me I'd trade out both DeGoey and Butters and bring in the best forward and the best available rookie. That would cover your donuts, gain you an ultra premo fwd (maybe Bont), still leave you with 22 keepers and a bank of over $200k to upgrade the worst of them later.
6 trades left, I would be down to 4 after that, with zero cover, and 9 rounds to go

The best available rookie is Clarke, and he's trash

I think if I'm going down to 4 trades, I want some cover

Tanking 1 round is OK, and I'll be cheering for carnage for the rest of the year

6 trades left, I would be down to 4 after that, with zero cover, and 9 rounds to go

The best available rookie is Clarke, and he's trash

I think if I'm going down to 4 trades, I want some cover

Tanking 1 round is OK, and I'll be cheering for carnage for the rest of the year
I'm down to 2 trades left now so 6 looks like a fortune to me :)
I understand your more cautious approach though. It will probably pay off in the long run.

View attachment 1431198
You've inspired me to look at my captaincy scores, it took a bit of effort but worthwhile.

What have I learnt?
  • My average is 129 - not as bad as I thought. But, some of those big scores are masking the bad choices
  • My VC hasn't been very good - I've only used it 3/14 rounds so far.
  • Not having Gawn and Oliver has been bad for my VC/C choices

1656045425140.png

The Optimize button this week put all your premos back on the field after the byes and set Oliver as captain.
Oliver was projected 144 so SC set him captain.
I reckon that is what peeps have done.

You've inspired me to look at my captaincy scores, it took a bit of effort but worthwhile.

What have I learnt?
  • My average is 129 - not as bad as I thought. But, some of those big scores are masking the bad choices
  • My VC hasn't been very good - I've only used it 3/14 rounds so far.
  • Not having Gawn and Oliver has been bad for my VC/C choices

View attachment 1431248
What that tells me is to only ever have Neale as your VC. Never trust him with the C.

A few other people posted that Oliver had become their captain without them selecting him, so SC was doing something strange. The week before last it did something similar to me when it made Short my captain in the first game of the round. I noticed too late and copped his 102.

I think you'll find this is because people are undoing trades last minute and not manually resetting their teams and double/triple checking all is locked and loaded. People complaining sounds like my boomer parents whinging about technology... ;):think:

I think you'll find this is because people are undoing trades last minute and not manually resetting their teams and double/triple checking all is locked and loaded. People complaining sounds like my boomer parents whinging about technology... ;):think:
No it's not as simple as that. People have reported it happening even though they hadn't had Oliver as vc or c for weeks. As several people have suggested, the "optimise" button is probably the real cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back