Game Day 2022 SC Round 6 - Lest We Forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitful week, not helped by Hayes injury - but not as if alternatives would've scored any better!

Seen quite a few people down to 25-26 trades, so not panic stations just yet in terms of long term planning and where I am currently. Seen quite a few waste trades on the likes of Gawn/Crisp/Steele/Grundy in recent weeks, so hopefully keeping the faith pays long term dividends!

Will lock in my 5th Top 8 MID in Oliver this week, so that will see me take a step forward.

Gotta take that long term view of things, as it's very easy to lose sight and trade like crazy to try and make up ground. Trust the process! 🙏

View attachment 1384100View attachment 1384099

Long time no see my fellow Faceless Few Brownlow friend.

Agree re: keeping the faith and holding premiums, although disagree on Grundy. I had the same Gawndy structure, Grundy > Pruess freed up 350k and allowed me to get 2 premiums and 2 rookies off field, also allows me to get Shayes into R3 who will make a mint with Pruess who will also make a mint (would have had to pass om SHayes or Pruess if I held Grundy). Grundy traders are winners atm IMO, now that may change next week when Pruess inevitably gets hurt/does something dumb. Even if Grundy averages 115 over the next 4 weeks, If Pruess averages 85, I consider it a huge win.

Last edited:
Well that was an interesting weekend..... more ups and downs than a swingers party.

The good:
Cash league win (always priority 1)
2298 put me in the top 3% for the round, clawed back some more of my overall ranking which was horrendous through the first few weeks
Holding Cripps and Rowell paid off
Gibcus kickstarting the cash gen again
After many variations of 2 trades during the week, a single trade of JHF > Doch panned out well.
Sitting in a stadium with circa 85k fans for the first time in years

The not so good:
Screwing up the Pruess loohole (forgot to set E)
2 tons on the bench (Pruess per above and Gibcus)
Hayes on field (In hindisght Hayes should've been my loop target with Xerri, not Pruess)
VC/C selections (Macrae into Neale)
Sitting in a stadium with circa 85k fans for the first time in years and losing. Who the hell scores 15.3.......
Going from having few players ready to cull to too many.... Hayes, Durdin, Rachele, maybe Dixon & McCartin pending injury timelines.... edit: Add Grundy to that list now....

Last edited:

This round finished as bad as it started. Lost 9/10 leagues, both cashies. The only positive was holding Grundy, and being able to reverse the Rosas trade.

Went with Hayes(Saints) on field instead of Xerri, then McCartin, Butters, O'Driscoll all on field, with Gibcus benched. VC/C was Macrae and Neale. Touk Miller another poor effort, 11 players under 100 pts...

Tumbled out of the top 1k, 733 all the way down to 2,721.

2100 even. Neale captain, Young out meant i had to play McCartin who obviously got injured. I played Hayes and Ward (after looping JHF). I dont own Oliver yet - i will by next round. Honestly im not too disheartened with that score given what transpired. Went down ~4750 spots to ~ 7700 overall.

Rnd started disastrously ....Haye's, Rachelle etc .....whole round was determined by Rookie Roulette ...no loops unfortunately

OH ....and of course I have WHITFIELD 🤬 🤬 .... I'm blaming the Coach, because in the last Qtr, it appeared he'd been released from his previous role & looked a Mill $$$

So, I slide 2,800 spots ....and the climb starts again

1650936800071.png 🤬🤬

Whopp-dee-doo round for me. Not much of a change.

Choosing JHayes over NMartin (no loop available) was a great start.

1650944616211.png

Had Hall and English to deal with, now Grundy and JHayes. Carrying Dixon as well.

Carnage!

2154, dropped to 895 overall, but the pain was in losing back more than I gained on the leader the week before. Fielding Dow really hurt, but Hobbs and CMac had stinkers too, so it was in the cards no matter what.
Anyway, thanks Zak and Ken for all the thrills and spills. Welcome Mr Vlastuin. I have always wondered when his more than average ability would translate to elite status and I am going to take the leap of faith, right now.

Me, 48 hours ago: The title of this thread sums up the round for so many people, cant get much worse than that.

Me, now: WTF is this week going to be, Round 7 - Bottle of Tequila at team selection, black out til Monday and pretend it never happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back