Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

A message from the bosses:

"All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.

Please reach out to your board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on your team boards.

Main board threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted"

In addition, those breaching the above rules will have their posts deleted & receive a thread ban

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to be that guy but if anyone is needing to dispose of 1 concession or adult ticket (I’m a uni student), please do PM me. Geelong member who missed out on the ticket ballot over the weekend. The long wait for Saturday continues!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good fixture..only 2 top 6 sides in the first 7 weeks and one of them is at GMHBA so it gives us a good chance of going 5-2 or 6-1 which really sets your season up. The first 10 weeks are actually a friendlier fixture than i expected us to get as a top 4 side. It gets a bit harder through the middle with the dogs, richmond, wce in perth and melbourne but having 3 of the last 4 games at home and the other against GC is a friendly back end and should give us a good chance to hit finals at full speed.

Commercially im surprised we didnt get 2 games against hawthorn as they tend to be big from a tv point of view but otherwise its great.

Guessing the above is a poor attempt at a joke

Geelong actually requests 11 home games in Geelong each season - surely not an unreasonable request to play ones home games at ones home ground

And unlike other teams, we don't sell home games to play at interstate venues, but it's the AFL who has decided we've got to play "home" matches on the oppositions home ground to help make up the difference for those games sold by other teams
You can guess, infer or label my post a joke or whatever you like. Thats your free choice.

Facts are in most previous years they have requested mcg home games for income purposes. Show your fellow supporters where they havent done the same for 2022? Show us where they are unhappy in response to the draw?

You also do realise, like your fellow posters, GMHBA is undergoing redevelopment and needs to make up revenue for reduced 2022 crowds on top of the economic impacts of the last 2 years?

I've already made my point prior to this post, but i wont spare you any further logic beyond this one because I can see many other Geelong posters are on the ball. It is what it is.

Peace, out.

You're here, taking the piss... Yeah?? On our page?? Nahhh Yeah?? Nahhh??
Common sense is a rarity... has never a truer word been spoken.
FMD CYA Enjoy the Xmas break.
Simply pointing out an obvious point for discussion. The thread isnt closed to opposition supporters is it? Im sticking to the point. Why dismiss it as taking the piss over 'here'? Cheers.

With Danger, Duncan, Cameron, O’Connor and Ceglar all missing heaps of home and away games last year- s**t loads really

This is a very good fixture for us!

There is,however no honest debate over gmhba games- we want 11 - we get shafted- we move on

Tigers will come visit to the full 40,000 in 23’ and long will they be welcome

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So, we've been 'gifted' 9 home matches.

Considering we haven't had 11 matches at Geelong since (I'm guessing) the VFL Park days, I don't know why people would be shocked it's anything different.

9 home game equals at least 7 guaranteed wins to my mind. Unless the wheels really fall off in which case it doesn't matter anyway.

Considering we haven't had 11 matches at Geelong since (I'm guessing) the VFL Park days, I don't know why people would be shocked it's anything different.

9 home game equals at least 7 guaranteed wins to my mind. Unless the wheels really fall off in which case it doesn't matter anyway.
Like any injustice, change won’t occur if we collectively stop making noise about it.

We don’t have a plebiscite on gay marriage equality and subsequent legislative change if those seeking that merely said nothing for decades.

So we have to keep speaking out as fans, and as a club so that one day we get what we rightfully deserve. 11 true home matches like everyone else. 2022 obviously moot due to construction works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facts are in most previous years they have requested mcg home games for income purposes.

And there we have the biggest load of BS. You have based your argument on this ???
So where did you see this FACT that you have made claim to ??
Where are these... "GFC demand MCG games for their BIG game opponents" quotes... for the income mind you??
Any links will do.
The GFC has as long as i remember have wanted 11 home games. Waverley was used as a... we all need to play there excuse... blah blah...
Not only H & A games but finals as well, if duly earned.
The Club makes a million dollars profit per home game without even trying.
To generate more than that we need a crowd of around 70,000 @MCG
Why would we give up a home game for an extra $50k to get 80,000 folks there??
We aren't the Tigers, Dees, Hawks, Dogs, Saints or the Roos and have to sell our souls to keep the wolves from the door.
Places like Cairns, Darwin, Alice, Hobart and Launceston are for those who cant make a buck playing in their home town in front of their own.
So if you have any genuine FACTS go right ahead.
But if it's opinion based on what you think or heard... your argument holds water like a sieve.

And there we have the biggest load of BS. You have based your argument on this ???
So where did you see this FACT that you have made claim to ??
Where are these... "GFC demand MCG games for their BIG game opponents" quotes... for the income mind you??
Any links will do.
The GFC has as long as i remember have wanted 11 home games. Waverley was used as a... we all need to play there excuse... blah blah...
Not only H & A games but finals as well, if duly earned.
The Club makes a million dollars profit per home game without even trying.
To generate more than that we need a crowd of around 70,000 @MCG
Why would we give up a home game for an extra $50k to get 80,000 folks there??
We aren't the Tigers, Dees, Hawks, Dogs, Saints or the Roos and have to sell our souls to keep the wolves from the door.
Places like Cairns, Darwin, Alice, Hobart and Launceston are for those who cant make a buck playing in their home town in front of their own.
So if you have any genuine FACTS go right ahead.
But if it's opinion based on what you think or heard... your argument holds water like a sieve.

Written on the wall of the dunny in Richmond injecting room.

Must be fact right lol

GO Catters

Following on from my previous post in the now closed 2021 thread (see here https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-season-fixture-ticketing-info.1252930/post-72674349) I FINALLY got around to calling the club today and spoke to a lovely person in the membership department. Pretty sure she's the same person I've spoken to the past couple years. Just easier when you're paying for multiple family memberships that don't fall under your account like the kids' ones do.

When I explained the slight "shafting" of sorts many H&A members were feeling, and asked if the cub had received much similar feedback, she acknowledged it's been a challenge the club is aware of, and was more than happy on the spot to remove me as a full-cost H&A member and convert me to a Home member, so that I too could get the gratis upgrade to H&A for 2022 alongside other family members already offered it who have only every been Home members, thereby saving me $110 for this renewal period.

Was happy to proceed with that, as it's a fairer outcome.

My other concerns with the club, be that rationale around coaching movements (or lack thereof), and the ordinary 2020 handling of member "benefits" for sticking with the club to keep them going, well, that's not for some poor person to hear about in the memberships department.
If I run into Steve Hocking or Craig Drummond, that might be another matter though. :p

Considering we haven't had 11 matches at Geelong since (I'm guessing) the VFL Park days,

We've never had 11 home games at KP.

Pre VFL park days the H&A season was shorter than 22 rounds.

Oddly enough, 2021 was the first year there was 11 H&A games at KP - but two of those were Syd v WCE and Ess v GC

What was the BS reason why Richmond after winning a premiership couldn't travel down the highway for our home match?

Just curious because current premiers Melbourne & fellow grand finalist Western Bulldogs, both have trips down the highway next season...

Our home games in Melbourne have little if anything to do with opposition performance, it's all about crowds.

I suppose they figure Richmond at the moment will still pull a bigger crowd. A fews years of mediocrity and a fall off in attendances would see them back at KP - especially if any of Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton become any good.

What was the BS reason why Richmond after winning a premiership couldn't travel down the highway for our home match?

Just curious because current premiers Melbourne & fellow grand finalist Western Bulldogs, both have trips down the highway next season...

Are you serious?

Because they're a Melbourne club with a big supporter base. The same reason Essendon didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Carlton didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Collingwood haven't since (I think) 1999. The same reason Hawthorn haven't since 2006. If Hawthorn stay where they are they'll be heading down very soon.

Are you serious?

Because they're a Melbourne club with a big supporter base. The same reason Essendon didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Carlton didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Collingwood haven't since (I think) 1999. The same reason Hawthorn haven't since 2006. If Hawthorn stay where they are they'll be heading down very soon.

Yes I am

And next time try reading the whole post as it puts it into context - the first part leads into the second part

Remove this Banner Ad

Back