Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

bzg01

Rookie
Sep 18, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
A message from the bosses:

"All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.

Please reach out to your board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on your team boards.

Main board threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted"

In addition, those breaching the above rules will have their posts deleted & receive a thread ban

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to be that guy but if anyone is needing to dispose of 1 concession or adult ticket (I’m a uni student), please do PM me. Geelong member who missed out on the ticket ballot over the weekend. The long wait for Saturday continues!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our home games in Melbourne have little if anything to do with opposition performance, it's all about crowds.

I suppose they figure Richmond at the moment will still pull a bigger crowd. A fews years of mediocrity and a fall off in attendances would see them back at KP - especially if any of Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton become any good.

I just find it interesting that two of our home games are against Richmond at the MCG, while we then play Melbourne at KP

If the match at the MCG is about maximising crowd size, then I know which one I think would draw the bigger crowd next year, and it's not a clash with Richmond

Are you serious?

Because they're a Melbourne club with a big supporter base. The same reason Essendon didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Carlton didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Collingwood haven't since (I think) 1999. The same reason Hawthorn haven't since 2006. If Hawthorn stay where they are they'll be heading down very soon.

It has always been a bullshit reasoning by the AFL. Away fans do not matter, their value is worthless.

Every club in the AFL deserves to choose where it wants ALL of its home games, and no team should be exempt from any fixture.

We consistently state we want 11 in Geelong, that should be respected and no one should be deemed too superior for the trip.

In the same way we should (and are two years running) taking our turn in Tasmania.

It has always been a bullshit reasoning by the AFL. Away fans do not matter, their value is worthless.

Every club in the AFL deserves to choose where it wants ALL of its home games, and no team should be exempt from any fixture.

We consistently state we want 11 in Geelong, that should be respected and no one should be deemed too superior for the trip.

In the same way we should (and are two years running) taking our turn in Tasmania.

And to put into context the "value" of said away fans, we've been scheduled 2 "home" MCG matches against Richmond since 2018 - the season after Richmond broke their premiership drought & apparently became a big team again

- One this past season with no crowd permitted
- The other time was 2018, with an attendance of 46,423 and for some reason was stupidly scheduled for 3:20pm on a Sunday

Doubt we made much of a financial return if any on that match due to the low crowd. And yet again showed that for all the talk by away fans when the match is at KP, they don't necessarily give a s**t when the match is at the MCG if they're the away team

The only match up of ours that I can think of which has routinely drawn large crowds is the one against Hawthorn
- between 2010 & 2019 we played 19 home & away matches
- only 3 of those matches with attendance before 60k. In 2019 "home" match with 53,693; 2018 an away match with 59,529; and in 2015 a "home" match with 55,802
- also 2 matches with over 80k & both of those were our "home" matches in 2013 & 2014

But that's also what happens with a traditionally rivalry and not sure I'd say we have that with Richmond which is why it's not really a high drawing match outside of finals - which tend to have decent crowds as they're finals...

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Are you serious?

Because they're a Melbourne club with a big supporter base. The same reason Essendon didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Carlton didn't come down for 20+ years. The same reason Collingwood haven't since (I think) 1999. The same reason Hawthorn haven't since 2006. If Hawthorn stay where they are they'll be heading down very soon.
Not wrong, who gives a fk about where Hawks (among other teams) play in the next few years. Apart from the AFL looking for MAXIMUM ADVANTAGE.

Starting to wonder if the club has a few vacancies in the membership department

• I auto renew every year and pay my membership through the monthly deductions
  • This year I had to update my credit card details & followed the instructions provided, updating the info that I could
  • About 6 weeks later I get a reminder about renewing my membership; there was another field to update that I swear wasn't there earlier, plus all my other updates had saved. It also let me select my membership item when I first updated my details...
  • Last week after the AFLW tickets went on sale first rounds 1 & 2 I got an email asking if I'd like to upgrade to an AFLW membership; I've had an AFLW membership since 2017
  • That night after a couple of polite messages on social media, I sent an email to the coin club asking about my membership. The next day I received 2 of the auto-generated emails from the club with information about how I can redeem my ticket as an AFLW access member. The day after that I received an email from the club as a reply to my contract with them with confirmation of my email and how I can redeem a ticket
  • Around the same time I decided to have another look at the membership items I could select and again made my choice for the $20 voucher. On Monday I received the voucher via email & all the details of how I can use it
  • This morning I received an email from the club with confirmation of my 2022 membership, plus info of how I can make my membership choice...
I know previously that the AFL played a role in the club membership renewal process/behind the scenes stuff - I had sold my seat for a couple of games & was to get money off the following year. It wasn't showing on my renewal info, but when I went into the club they could see it was all ok, but it was difficult with the different systems not freely talking to each other

Wonder how much of that is happening here also with systems not talking to each other, and if there's a manual process involved with the info from the club that they're reliant on getting that info from the other system first

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I see this year as a loose-loose situation regarding seating.

If I purchase a reserved seat and covid ruins yet another year of AFL, I’ve wasted a good amount of money.

But if I go general admission this year I may not be able to get into matches because they will only hand out seats to reserved seat members. Which they did for a few games last year

So honestly, I’m quite stuck with what I should do.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

If I purchase a reserved seat and covid ruins yet another year of AFL, I’ve wasted a good amount of money.

But if I go general admission this year I may not be able to get into matches because they will only hand out seats to reserved seat members. Which they did for a few games last year

I'm waiting until the last minute to buy one. Maybe 3 gamer might be the go.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm waiting until the last minute to buy one. Maybe 3 gamer might be the go.
General admission may also be the way, I know I’m going to the Wags function in rd 4 vs the lions.

Rd 7 i might just buy a ticket in the hickey stand (should be where general admission is?)

Absolutely this.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Right I think I’m just going to buy a general admission for the k park games.

If we manage to get all home games and finals at k park I may reconsider, but I doubt that will ever happen.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
GA could be difficult with the GA terrace being demolished. Most recently the stand with the most GA seats available, and its reserved seat members also need to be relocated somewhere else first.

I nuked my full membership and seat, it's pretty clear the club doesn't give a single * about its members apart from squeezing the dollars out of us and I'm not interested in risking another year's $$$ down the drain with the overhanging cloud of Covid. Got a 3 gamer, if I go to a couple of games then sweet, if not then no biggy.

Phipppppa

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2022
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I nuked my full membership and seat, it's pretty clear the club doesn't give a single fu** about its members apart from squeezing the dollars out of us and I'm not interested in risking another year's $$$ down the drain with the overhanging cloud of Covid. Got a 3 gamer, if I go to a couple of games then sweet, if not then no biggy.
It has to come aye, such a shame. Ever since the clubs and the afl cared so much about money, the game lost heaps of passion.

The AFL taking away every teams home ground from then and putting them at Etihad or the G was for money, and it’s a real shame. We dodged a bullet there.

I nuked my full membership and seat, it's pretty clear the club doesn't give a single fu** about its members apart from squeezing the dollars out of us and I'm not interested in risking another year's $$$ down the drain with the overhanging cloud of Covid. Got a 3 gamer, if I go to a couple of games then sweet, if not then no biggy.
3-gamer cool but didnt they not give you a free upgrade to a 5-gamer?

Re. their policy of giving everyone a free upgrade this year, who was a member last year?

3-gamer cool but didnt they not give you a free upgrade to a 5-gamer?

Re. their policy of giving everyone a free upgrade this year, who was a member last year?
I got * all for free, and not even an acknowledgement last year for having a seat and paying for it that couldn't be used half the year

Back