Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

A message from the bosses:

"All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.

Please reach out to your board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on your team boards.

Main board threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted"

In addition, those breaching the above rules will have their posts deleted & receive a thread ban

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to be that guy but if anyone is needing to dispose of 1 concession or adult ticket (I’m a uni student), please do PM me. Geelong member who missed out on the ticket ballot over the weekend. The long wait for Saturday continues!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Call membership department three weeks ago about members choice. Man says there was a glitch and it will be posted in two weeks. Still no scarf. This club treats members like sh*t and it needs to stop.

Yeah I must admit the club isn't great with this. I recently went into the Cats shop to purchase a guernsey. Whilst I was there I thought I would pickup my member choice item. I had previously stipulated on the phone that I would pick it up in person rather than it being delivered at my expense. I again (like most years) had issues with my membership renewal, so I rang them.

I had my membership details with me and when I asked for my item, the lady behind the counter seemed surprised and it was all a little awkward. She then asked me "Are you sure your item hasn't been posted?". I told them it hadn't and I had previously stipulated I would pick it up rather than pay postage. Another lady stepped in, asked for my surname and then looked me up on the system before giving it to me.

I got the feeling they thought I was trying to pull one over them and they were adamant I was conning them into a free scarf or a hat. I was also purchasing a $110 guernsey. I've only been a member for 15-years and donated $1,000+ to them in 2020 when I didn't request a refund from our family memberships due to COVID, but I felt like I was ready to be put on a lie detector over a scarf which is probably worth $5.

I don't take it personally, but they need to understand how this perception and interaction can frustrate long term and loyal members.

One does have to wonder..they have had two years to do stuff.... a bit like stage 5 at KP.

Totally agree - last year it was when we played St Kilda at Marvel, so with a crowd of 26k it's slightly easy to cover

Thinking the crowd will be a bit larger this weekend and it's just a crazy plan by a Vline; why not next weekend when Geelong is playing in Sydney & surely there's going to be less reliance on public transport...

This isn't your standard VLine track work that can be targetted to quiet weekends.

The track occupation is being done by the Level Crossing Removal Authority who are rebuilding the section between Deer Park and Sunshine. Having lived on the Dandenong line, these occupations can be weeks at a time where busses replace trains.

25 minutes in the phone queue now. I'll just not bother next year then. Bring back the membership cards, and do member's choice when buying the membership. This is not difficult.

Doubt we'll see a return to membership cards as digital memberships are seen as the future - it's not a club thing, it's league wide and across different leagues

You may be able to petition the league to change things, but it's not the club who's gone out on their own with this stuff

I can't comment on the postage of membership items - I've seen a few comments from people who haven't got their items, but the vast majority have commented they got there's, with some getting their packs before Xmas. Something has clearly gone wrong for some though

If you are a member through the AFL your packs always get delivered a bit later then straight from the club.

I thought some clubs were offering a membership card instead of a online version, if fans wanted. Not GFC?

This isn't your standard VLine track work that can be targetted to quiet weekends.

The track occupation is being done by the Level Crossing Removal Authority who are rebuilding the section between Deer Park and Sunshine. Having lived on the Dandenong line, these occupations can be weeks at a time where busses replace trains.

They had two years with no footballs crowds, and a lot of time with shutdowns etc... meanwhile build sites kept going. Its seems to me an opportunity has been lost

Doubt we'll see a return to membership cards as digital memberships are seen as the future - it's not a club thing, it's league wide and across different leagues

You may be able to petition the league to change things, but it's not the club who's gone out on their own with this stuff

I can't comment on the postage of membership items - I've seen a few comments from people who haven't got their items, but the vast majority have commented they got there's, with some getting their packs before Xmas. Something has clearly gone wrong for some though

Technology is a frustration ..more so for some than others... being at mature end of the age group... I can see why it can be daunting. Its like recently I signed up to Kayo..fine..but when I updated my OS to Monteray ... suddenly Kayo no long works in Safari.. Fantastic.:rolleyes:

Id say digital is here to stay... book into see Hairspray. Digital. Book into see the doctor Digital. Its just the world we are in.

If you are a member through the AFL your packs always get delivered a bit later then straight from the club.

I thought some clubs were offering a membership card instead of a online version, if fans wanted. Not GFC?

There's some offering commemorative membership cards - a few clubs offered them last year also, but they had no barcode & didn't allow entry to games, rather it was just something to hang around your neck

Can't remember if it was Brisbane or North last year who were charging $10 for the commemorative card, while the other team charged $5

They had two years with no footballs crowds, and a lot of time with shutdowns etc... meanwhile build sites kept going. Its seems to me an opportunity has been lost
They can’t remove all 170 level crossings during covid. This one just happened to be next on the schedule.

Does general admission seating gets allocated completely random a day before the match?

Considering the fact it might be poring down this Monday I rather be somewhere under a shelter at the mcg.
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 5.17.57 pm.png

Only GA sections left are on Lvl4 which are undercover

3 outta 5 early Sat arvo games...

Oh * yeah.

Thats brilliant.

Regular sleeping for me WOO HOO

GO CAtters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 outta 5 early Sat arvo games...

Oh fu** yeah.

Thats brilliant.

Regular sleeping for me WOO HOO

GO CAtters

Psst...you may be the happiest Cats fan with that fixture, some others aren't so happy due to the clash with local sports

Glad you're getting some suitable times for watching games

I’m pretty Keen on the fixture, I like the afternoon matches, leaves me time to do stuff at night and not waste money on shitty stadium food.

I'm planning to fly to Melbourne for the R12 Dogs v Cats game, but the AFL fixture shows that the day and time are yet to be confirmed. Does anyone know which day this game is likely to be on?

I'm planning to fly to Melbourne for the R12 Dogs v Cats game, but the AFL fixture shows that the day and time are yet to be confirmed. Does anyone know which day this game is likely to be on?

At this stage we know both Bulldogs & Geelong play their round 11 matches on the Saturday - Geelong in Geelong & the Bulldogs out west in Perth, so that leaves options open for the next round

But then we shift our focus to other matches in round 12
  • Melbourne vs Sydney I expect will be Friday night
  • Gold Coast vs North is at TIO & pretty sure the preference is for Darwin matches at be played at night, so I'm going Saturday night for that
  • Hawthorn vs Collingwood is the other Melbourne based match that round, it's at the MCG. I'm going a Saturday for that match, as it gives a similar break for Melbourne & Collingwood ahead of the Queens Birthday clash in round 13, plus options for Hawthorn who fly to Perth in round 13

Looking at all that, I'm going with we'll be playing on Sunday so that there's one game in Melbourne on each the Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Looking at that Fixture, this is my best guess:

Friday - Melbourne v Swans
Saturday - Hawks v Pies (2pm), Suns v North (5pm), Dogs v Cats (8pm)
Sunday - Adelaide v Eagles (2pm), Dockers v Lions (5pm)

I'd say Saturday night is the most likely, but it's all a guess.

Gold Coast vs North is at TIO & pretty sure the preference is for Darwin matches at be played at night, so I'm going Saturday night for that
Already scheduled for Saturday Twilight

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 12.08.28 pm.png

Hawthorn vs Collingwood is the other Melbourne based match that round, it's at the MCG. I'm going a Saturday for that match, as it gives a similar break for Melbourne & Collingwood ahead of the Queens Birthday clash in round 13, plus options for Hawthorn who fly to Perth in round 13
I agree that game will be the 2pm game on Saturday, but Cats v Dogs is a lock for the Ch7 saturday night game that week. No other game (except Dees v Swans) comes close, and that game will be Friday Night.

Already scheduled for Saturday Twilight

View attachment 1373547

I agree that game will be the 2pm game on Saturday, but Cats v Dogs is a lock for the Ch7 saturday night game that week. No other game (except Dees v Swans) comes close, and that game will be Friday Night.

Cheers for the info regarding Suns vs North - I was using footywire which lists all matches as TBC

I think they'll go Hawthorn vs Collingwood as the Saturday night match

If they're broadcasting a Sunday afternoon match leading into the news, I think ours will be the preferred option

Remove this Banner Ad

Back