VFLW Game Day 2022 Season - Minor premiers! Undefeated, finals start next week!🎶 Our girls who play this grand old game 🎶

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14 v Casey Demons
Essendon v Casey at Windy Hill - Live from 11am Saturday on AFL.com.au

ESSENDON
B25. I. Ayre21. A. Morcom
HB13. E. Hosking14. D. Marshall16. T. Crook
C1. C. Ugle5. G. Nanscawen9. M.Anthony
HF26. J. Doonan44. G. Dicker22. N. MacDonald
F4. M. Clifford24. R. Tierney
R30. S.Nalder23. A. Radford42. J. Zanchetta
INT34. E. Everist18. K. Heil45. B. Clarke
28. A. Barba17. F.Frew
EMG7. J. Davies36. R. Sutton10. E. Cornish
43. O. DiDonato15. L.Caruso
INS22. N. MacDonald45. B. Clarke
OUTS19. N. Julian43. O. DiDonato
CASEY DEMONS
B18. E. OConnor39. T. Gillard
HB12. A. Brown14. M. Chaplin4. S. Heath
C17. I. Simmons6. S. Johnson38. A. Kirkwood
HF25. M. Harasimiuk15. C. McCrossan8. S. Fairchild
F24. M. Fitzsimon36. G. Campbell
R22. S. Wales11. E. West26. E. Horne
INT34. C. Blair45. M. Hogg16. B. Woolcock
58. C. Conroy50. K. Angelis
EMG7. C. Selleck27. A. Laing
INS36. G. Campbell39. T. Gillard12. A. Brown
15. C. McCrossan16. B. Woolcock
OUTS29. A. Blair30. R. Grant9. L. Wales
37. B. Borchard23. Z. Mitchell

A few big games coming up. Hawks easily accounted for Casey, they seem to be our biggest threat, Saints also a worry. For whatever reason, we struggle to beat them.

Seemed a bit flat yesterday, plenty of ball inside F50, just found it hard to convert. Some of it due to flooding the D50, some skill errors.

More invested in the future of our Womens team than what I am with the Mens atm.

Has Caitlin Sargent on it who recently signed for our AFLW team so must be coming to play VFLW a bit between now and AFLW pre-season.
I'd be very interested to see if the AFL forwards we've signed can fit with what we've got going on in the VFL at the moment (moreso vice versa, still hoping players are taken up to the next grade)

I'd be very interested to see if the AFL forwards we've signed can fit with what we've got going on in the VFL at the moment (moreso vice versa, still hoping players are taken up to the next grade)
I'd hope so too. Sydney have picked up a few VFLW players for their AFLW team, one from us and three from Hawthorn, maybe a couple of others but I don't remember what team they belonged to. So there should be equivalent space on our list too, unless we somehow find a few overagers in the NAB League or something that take up those spots. Certainly I think Frew should have an opportunity, probably also Tierney in terms of forwards. And if the ever-enthusiastic Courtney Ugle was part of the program I think that would be a big culture building aspect as well, and I like Zanchetta too though it might be too much VFLW midfield. So there's a few more names that might translate.

Oh and Doonan. Definitely AFL quality.

I'd hope so too. Sydney have picked up a few VFLW players for their AFLW team, one from us and three from Hawthorn, maybe a couple of others but I don't remember what team they belonged to. So there should be equivalent space on our list too, unless we somehow find a few overagers in the NAB League or something that take up those spots. Certainly I think Frew should have an opportunity, probably also Tierney in terms of forwards. And if the ever-enthusiastic Courtney Ugle was part of the program I think that would be a big culture building aspect as well, and I like Zanchetta too though it might be too much VFLW midfield. So there's a few more names that might translate.

Oh and Doonan. Definitely AFL quality.

I would say Tierney has earned a spot not just for being a strong forward but her around the ground tackling has been good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11 v Darebin
Teams for Darebin v Essendon at Cramer Street - live on VFLW.TV (without commentary)

ESSENDON
B14. D. Marshall45. B. Clarke
HB8. E. Ashley-Cooper19. N. Julian35. T. Williams
C1. C. Ugle40. D. Ryan26. J. Doonan
HF21. N. MacDonald38. O. Manfre44. G. Dicker
F4. M. Clifford17. F.Frew
R30. S.Nalder23. A. Radford5. G. Nanscawen
INT15. L.Caruso47. S. Asciak46. G. Elarmaly
28. A. Barba7. J. Davies
EMG10. E. Cornish21. A. Morcom13. E. Hosking
16. T. Crook
DAREBIN
B11. A. Gunn44. V. Blackwood
HB5. K. McNiece10. G. Lawson-Taven13. T. Hurst
C60. M. Shone2. N. Callinan56. M. Huta
HF35. K. McAloon50. S. Cowley Du Parquet39. E. Mackay
F17. S. Simpson52. C. Weston-Sirett
R24. S. Lynch16. E. Buckley8. N. Celebre
INT28. P. Kearney18. M. Plunkett33. M. Haas
4. L. Beatty43. T. Mills
EMG58. V. Smiljanic59. T. Snelleksz31. A. Reibelt

A few big games coming up. Hawks easily accounted for Casey, they seem to be our biggest threat, Saints also a worry. For whatever reason, we struggle to beat them.

Seemed a bit flat yesterday, plenty of ball inside F50, just found it hard to convert. Some of it due to flooding the D50, some skill errors.

More invested in the future of our Womens team than what I am with the Mens atm.
Good tests before finals though, hopefully keeps them sharp going in.

I don't think they are as much, but they can be streamed on VFLW.TV
Yeah they stopped putting them on YouTube and started putting them on there instead. Why they don’t stream it through the AFL app and put the replays up like the VFL and the WAFL I dunno.

It was fine on YouTube, which is at least mainstream and available on most smart TVs these days, and the AFL app makes strategic sense given everything else is on there now. But having another separate website just seems dumb and I can’t think of a single good reason for it.

Yeah they stopped putting them on YouTube and started putting them on there instead. Why they don’t stream it through the AFL app and put the replays up like the VFL and the WAFL I dunno.

It was fine on YouTube, which is at least mainstream and available on most smart TVs these days, and the AFL app makes strategic sense given everything else is on there now. But having another separate website just seems dumb and I can’t think of a single good reason for it.
I can't play it on the browser on my Samsung, dunno if later versions support flash but mine doesn't. That's a Samsung problem, our other tellys work fine. The youtube app worked on all when it was played there, and you'd think would get most exposure. Also doesn't require any further fancy casting gizmos or apps.

I can't play it on the browser on my Samsung, dunno if later versions support flash but mine doesn't. That's a Samsung problem, our other tellys work fine. The youtube app worked on all when it was played there, and you'd think would get most exposure. Also doesn't require any further fancy casting gizmos or apps.
Flash in general is obsolete I think. Maybe you need to update the firmware or something.

But yeah. Now I have to cast from the computer or the phone if I want it on the TV which is clearly pretty dumb. Possibly the TV’s browser might do it too I suppose, I never use the browser on there so haven’t tried it.

Now need to sign up and give your email phone number and full name to watch it. I guess we have our answer about why this platform is being used 😒😒😒

First goal and first point to us. Don’t know who kicked it though

Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back