2022 South Australian Election (March 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

FONlsdCVkAApDd2

They will pretend it is inconsequential and quickly move on
Speers will be far more interested in discussing how a Labor senator's death can be spun into a positive for the LNP, the party that doesn't give a s**t about the women in their own ranks let alone the other side.

So Boothby…
the seat that we always get close, but have never won
is it finally the year?
I had a look again into which suburbs it contains now. There are some working-class and middle-class suburbs like South Plympton, Plympton Park, Marion, Ascot Park and Mitchell Park. But it's also full of fairly affluent areas like Glenelg, Glenelg South, Somerton Park, Brighton, Springfield and Kingswood. It has the entire coast from Glenelg North to Marino, and very generally speaking you need a decent income to live near the beach in Adelaide these days. On the other hand, there is a lot of public housing in the Plympton Park and Marion areas.

Considering the state election results, some of the wealthier parts might swing to Labor. I can see why it's been marginal but never goes Labor's way - it's a mixed bag in terms of the stereotypes of its suburbs, mostly areas considered well-off. When you drive or walk in certain suburbs you can smell the money - bigger houses that people can afford to maintain well.

The Robin Hood is such a sh*t pub.
They do the catering inside the Wolf Blass Centre at Norwood Oval.
Worst Ceaser Salad I've eve had, too much lettuce, and a few lumps of chicken which you had to cut up yourself to mix in with the salad.

I had a look again into which suburbs it contains now. There are some working-class and middle-class suburbs like South Plympton, Plympton Park, Marion, Ascot Park and Mitchell Park. But it's also full of fairly affluent areas like Glenelg, Glenelg South, Somerton Park, Brighton, Springfield and Kingswood. It has the entire coast from Glenelg North to Marino, and very generally speaking you need a decent income to live near the beach in Adelaide these days. On the other hand, there is a lot of public housing in the Plympton Park and Marion areas.

Considering the state election results, some of the wealthier parts might swing to Labor. I can see why it's been marginal but never goes Labor's way - it's a mixed bag in terms of the stereotypes of its suburbs, mostly areas considered well-off. When you drive or walk in certain suburbs you can smell the money - bigger houses that people can afford to maintain well.
I remember always getting an annual visit from Steele Hall to my primary school when he was Boothby member. Nicole Flint would struggle with that these days because she'd scare the kids and make them cry.

I’m in his seat and I’m not voting for him so 1-0 in favour of O’Hanlan.
Make that 2-0

I did stuff up my ballot though

In a normal election I'd go
1. Greens, 2. Labor, 3. Liberal, 4. Family First

But I wanted to send that message to the Liberals.

So meant to go
1. Labor, 2. Greens, 3. Family First, 4. Liberals

Accidently got Greens and Family First mixed up, but went 'eh, cbf getting a new form to fill out, preference wont get past Labor so what does it matter.'

Greg Sheridan agreed that the SA result will have serious ramifications for Morrison federally and that Morrison's response will be to throw cash at everyone in the budget. Surely this economic recklessness deserves condemnation rather than lighthearted acceptance?

And his view that nationally the electorate is 'grumpy and they have no right to be' is way off mark of course. Morrison's repeated failures in how he personally has responded to bushfires, floods and the pandemic is there for all to see. And these failures have personally devastated the lives of millions of people who have every right to feel a lot more than 'grumpy'.

Last edited:
The Nationals attempt at reviving themselves in this state has also bombed. A decent chunk of vote in Hammond, but low single-digit votes elsewhere.

We're willing to elect lots of Indys, and even Lib MPs have split with the government on a couple of votes re: agricultural issues, so it should have been fertile ground this election. I think that says something about how the East Coast Nats brand might have poisoned the electorate here, even in the country - now correctly perceived as the party of coal barons and big Ag rather than mum/dad farmers.

Speers will be far more interested in discussing how a Labor senator's death can be spun into a positive for the LNP, the party that doesn't give a sh*t about the women in their own ranks let alone the other side.

Nailed it

5 new Labor MPs entering SA Parliament after the election - all of them women. Pictured here with incoming SA Deputy Premier Susan Close.

FOP2ZR6aQAEB00Y

L-R: Olivia Savvas, Rhiannon Pearce, Nadia Clancy, Susan Close, Lucy Hood and Erin Thompson

Bit of a lesson there for Morrison?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greg Sheridan agreed that the SA result will have serious ramifications for Morrison federally and that Morrison's response will be to throw cash at everyone in the budget. Surely this economic recklessness deserves condemnation rather than lighthearted acceptance?

And his view that nationally the electorate is 'grumpy and they have no right to be' is way off mark of course. Morrison's repeated failures in how he personally has responded to bushfires, floods and the pandemic is there for all to see. And these failures have personally devastated the lives of millions of people who have every right to feel a lot more than 'grumpy'.

No reason to be grumpy. That was the most breathtakingly out of touch thing I have heard in a while.

The Nationals attempt at reviving themselves in this state has also bombed. A decent chunk of vote in Hammond, but low single-digit votes elsewhere.

We're willing to elect lots of Indys, and even Lib MPs have split with the government on a couple of votes re: agricultural issues, so it should have been fertile ground this election. I think that says something about how the East Coast Nats brand might have poisoned the electorate here, even in the country - now correctly perceived as the party of coal barons and big Ag rather than mum/dad farmers.
In addition, there was the irony of having Barnaby Joyce visiting to launch a Nationals campaign here, where he has been one of the chief advocates for us to get less and less water from the River Murray. You can * right off.

5 new Labor MPs entering SA Parliament after the election - all of them women. Pictured here with incoming SA Deputy Premier Susan Close.

FOP2ZR6aQAEB00Y

L-R: Olivia Savvas, Rhiannon Pearce, Nadia Clancy, Susan Close, Lucy Hood and Erin Thompson

Bit of a lesson there for Morrison?
When business and political leadership looks like the population, it performs better. Who would have thought?

No reason to be grumpy. That was the most breathtakingly out of touch thing I have heard in a while.
Dunno, James Campbell was suggesting that hidden political donations were a good thing only a couple of weeks ago

Shows what a change of government can do, before last night the there wasn't even talk of a treaty with the indigenous population. Now, if it's importance is indicated by it's prominence in Malinauskas' speech it's a priority for the government which is great news.

Shows what a change of government can do, before last night the there wasn't even talk of a treaty with the indigenous population. Now, if it's importance is indicated by it's prominence in Malinauskas' speech it's a priority for the government which is great news.
It's about damn time. Wouldn't it be great if we in South Australia lead the nation in the voice, truth and treaty process?

My gulp of tea came out of my nose when I heard that stupid comment. Where the fk does this joker live? He must be vying with James Campbell and Phil Coorey for Idiot Journo of the Year Award.

My gulp of tea came out of my nose when I heard that stupid comment. Where the fk does this joker live? He must be vying with James Campbell and Phil Coorey for Idiot Journo of the Year Award.
The richest 1% of Australians live in a world where the mansion is cleaned, the car is brand-new and leased, petrol money is small change, and they could quit their job tomorrow and live off rental income.

If you're rich, good on you. But do not sit in your ivory tower and tell me you can't afford to pay some more tax and that the rest of us have no right to be grumpy. And don't drive around like you own the road because you can afford the fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back