VFLW 2023 Southern Saints

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Shut up shop here, got Dees working in a phonebox.

I've said it before, we a very well drilled. Dale must be good coach. We might get done by the Bombers AFLW side next week, but this season has been a huge success.

We're into the VFLW Grand Final and will take on Essendon next Sunday 12:15pm at North Port Oval.

Game will be televised LIVE on Channel 7 too.

Well done to the girls!

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fantastic performance. Won easily.

Going to be huge underdogs in the GF. Essendon have been incredible all season but we are the only side who has been able to challenge them so we aren't without a chance.

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Just a reminder - besides the fact the game will be on WARFRadio.com as well, and 89.1FM at the ground (cheap plug) - that it will be FREE ENTRY into the Grand Final this year.

So if the long range weather forecast of 14c and a dry, cloudy day holds, make your way down to Port Melbourne to watch.

Essendon undefeated this year with 2 draws which is a bit odd but in low scoring games it's more likely.

One of their draws was against us, the other time we played them we lost by 10pts. Closest anyone has come to beating them all year.

I'd say they go in heavy favourites but I wouldn't completely disregard us as a chance

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda

In the Bombers last match they fielded 7 AFLW players and 3 former AFLW players. I wonder how many they'll cheat with field this time. We had zero last week, all VFLW listed players.

Considering the spiel about the VFLW competition and state players and prize money on offer etc... I find it a little sickening that Essendon can field so many AFLW players to pinch it all. But hey, we know about that club's integrity. They're dying hard for some positivity at that club that they'll field half a side from the grade above! At least the Demons did the right thing recently.

Geez it would be sweet if we win this.

In the Bombers last match they fielded 7 AFLW players and 3 former AFLW players. I wonder how many they'll cheat with field this time. We had zero last week, all VFLW listed players.

Considering the spiel about the VFLW competition and state players and prize money on offer etc... I find it a little sickening that Essendon can field so many AFLW players to pinch it all. But hey, we know about that club's integrity. They're dying hard for some positivity at that club that they'll field half a side from the grade above! At least the Demons did the right thing recently.

Geez it would be sweet if we win this.
You took the words out of my mouth with the last line there. It will be so sweet if we win this premiership. They've completely dominated sides all year, it's borderline cheating for mine. Nothing like an underdog story. Reckon we can give them a good shake too, we have done well against them both times already this season.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
You took the words out of my mouth with the last line there. It will be so sweet if we win this premiership. They've completely dominated sides all year, it's borderline cheating for mine. Nothing like an underdog story. Reckon we can give them a good shake too, we have done well against them both times already this season.
Bit of space jam about it

The father daughter pick, can you recall anything about the father?
I didn’t recognise him .
Played 1 game.

Rules are different for the Women's father/daughter rule

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Teams for the 2022 VFLW Grand Final…

Played this Sunday 12:15pm at ETU Stadium (North Port Oval) - FREE ENTRY - Forecast of a cloudy day and 13 degrees.

TV - Channel 7 (and AFL.com.au)
Radio - WARFRadio.com (from 11am) and 89.1FM at the ground

ESSENDON
B21. A. Morcom45. B. Clarke
HB13. E. Hosking14. D. Marshall16. T. Crook
C1. C. Ugle5. G. Nanscawen9. M.Anthony
HF22. N. MacDonald44. G. Dicker26. J. Doonan
F4. M. Clifford24. R. Tierney
R30. S.Nalder28. A. Barba42. J. Zanchetta
INT8. E. Ashley-Cooper18. K. Heil23. A. Radford
17. F.Frew20. C. McIntosh
EMG15. L.Caruso7. J. Davies19. N. Julian