• Richmond Tigers

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 15 1.1%
  • Port Power

Votes: 9 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They improved a lot from the start to the end of the season, look to have a decent coach and gameplan.

But I suspect the high votes for Hawthorn and Pies are because many posters want to see them suffer. I voted for the Hawks ;)
Can't wait for Geelong to fall to years of mediocrity, after naively thinking they can still challenge for a flag. Hawthorn are going to surprise a lot this season.

Not sure how the Kangas aren't getting chosen more? Do they improve that much next season?
The back half of their season showed they were comfortably in the mix of bottom 4-6 rather than a long way below and they've got a core of guys in Simpkin, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Stephenson who should all graduate from kids to men in terms of strength and fitness hopefully next year. The exponential improvement when you've got multiple kids turning to men is the fastest way to improve a side. Teams like the Hawks and Pies have far better experienced players but they don't have that group of 21-23 year olds who are all developing together.

They also got a huge break with the Greenwood signing to fill the Cunnington void.

The counter is they'll miss Tarrant a lot, which puts the pressure on Ziebell to run the show down back, and I can't work out why Dumont was let go. They're a couple of injuries away from being back in disaster.

Goldstein, Ziebell, Greenwood and Luke McDonald are really the keys to their season. If they don't have those mature bodies in their respective roles there's a big drop off.

Adelaide/north to round out the bottom 4

For Adelaide, Crouch, Milera, Hately all didn't play this year (edit: Hately played 3 games early in the year but was out with injury for the rest of the year), and all are on track to be fit and firing next year. We will definitely not be bottom 4. Nor should North. With Hugh Greenwood and Jason Horne-Francis coming in, along with their other serious talent.
You're way off the mark.

For Adelaide, Crouch, Milera, Hately all didn't play this year (edit: Hately played 3 games early in the year but was out with injury for the rest of the year), and all are on track to be fit and firing next year. We will definitely not be bottom 4. Nor should North. With Hugh Greenwood and Jason Horne-Francis coming in, along with their other serious talent.
You're way off the mark.
Someone has to be bottom 4 .... I expect all the sides in that bracket to be more competitive but is that gonna move them up the ladder? Don’t think I’m too far off the mark but we will see

You're way off the mark.
Ok, so who will replace Adelaide and North in the bottom 4 next year?

You're way off the mark.
Hately is a cat and Milera is a tease who won’t go up another level. Crouch is a good player but how much can a slow, one-dimensional mid improve Adelaide? Meanwhile there’s no word on Tex Walker who would have been AA if he finished his season. A 7 win season would have been only 3 or 4 without Walker’s influence last season - if he doesn’t come back, or if he does and can’t replicate that superhuman form, how do Adelaide kick enough winning scores to rise again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hately is a cat and Milera is a tease who won’t go up another level. Crouch is a good player but how much can a slow, one-dimensional mid improve Adelaide? Meanwhile there’s no word on Tex Walker who would have been AA if he finished his season. A 7 win season would have been only 3 or 4 without Walker’s influence last season - if he doesn’t come back, or if he does and can’t replicate that superhuman form, how do Adelaide kick enough winning scores to rise again?

Seriously? You haven't watched enough AFL to know that very, very often, clubs rise and fall more quickly than many predict?
Darren Burgess is with us now. I have no doubt he will be all over Fogarty and he will be a revelation this year.
Thilthorpe is a jet just waiting to take off - second season now. He will kick a good number of goals for us.
As for Hately being a cat, he played 3 games due to an ongoing groin injury, but by all accounts, he has recovered looking good to play this season. He is going to be a bloody good player, I have little doubt. As for Walker, well......

The back half of their season showed they were comfortably in the mix of bottom 4-6 rather than a long way below and they've got a core of guys in Simpkin, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Stephenson who should all graduate from kids to men in terms of strength and fitness hopefully next year. The exponential improvement when you've got multiple kids turning to men is the fastest way to improve a side. Teams like the Hawks and Pies have far better experienced players but they don't have that group of 21-23 year olds who are all developing together.

They also got a huge break with the Greenwood signing to fill the Cunnington void.

The counter is they'll miss Tarrant a lot, which puts the pressure on Ziebell to run the show down back, and I can't work out why Dumont was let go. They're a couple of injuries away from being back in disaster.

Goldstein, Ziebell, Greenwood and Luke McDonald are really the keys to their season. If they don't have those mature bodies in their respective roles there's a big drop off.

Tarrant isn't that big of a loss, he never looked settled since coming back. Ben McKay essentially usurped his role as the number 1 key defender.

Freo and Hawthorn will fight out the wooden spoon.
Hawthorn will bring it to Glenferrie on the back of the Clarkson and Mitchell fiasco- they don’t appear to be a unified club.
The Hawks list doesn’t impress either- huge holes everywhere, especially in the Ruck.
Reeves? Lynch?, with McEvoy helping them develop.

Where are these huge holes? We have already addressed the need to improve the midfield, with taking Ward already and likely two more mid's tonight.

Seriously? You haven't watched enough AFL to know that very, very often, clubs rise and fall more quickly than many predict?
Darren Burgess is with us now. I have no doubt he will be all over Fogarty and he will be a revelation this year.
Thilthorpe is a jet just waiting to take off - second season now. He will kick a good number of goals for us.
As for Hately being a cat, he played 3 games due to an ongoing groin injury, but by all accounts, he has recovered looking good to play this season. He is going to be a bloody good player, I have little doubt. As for Walker, well......

If Tex returns to his great form then all power to him and Adelaide but I don’t see it happening. Thilthorpe is a jet but be patient, a 2nd year forward won’t win you games. Fogarty’s been a Hail Mary every year since he was drafted; to me it’s somewhat clear that he’s just not that good.

I’m a harsh judge at times but I’ve seen plenty of Hately in three seasons and I don’t see any eye catching qualities.He’s a SANFL player. Doubt he makes it

Freo and Hawthorn will fight out the wooden spoon.
Hawthorn will bring it to Glenferrie on the back of the Clarkson and Mitchell fiasco- they don’t appear to be a unified club.
The Hawks list doesn’t impress either- huge holes everywhere, especially in the Ruck.
Of all the 'holes' to highlight you pick our ruck?

Big Boy number 1

With Reeves and Lynch both developing rucks... Solid trio to have

Of all the 'holes' to highlight you pick our ruck?

Big Boy number 1

With Reeves and Lynch both developing rucks... Solid trio to have
Reeves was averaging like 27 hitouts i think, ******* unreal for his age and development, Lynch played really well vs Gawn, so did Reeves.
Not a great pick for our bad.

Back