• Essendon

Votes: 15 1.1%
  • Port Power

Votes: 9 0.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Toss up between Pies and North.

Wait. Why is Freo there?

We beat you by 7 goals this year, with young guns like Nick Larkey (who humiliated Jacob Weitering) and Tarryn Thomas (four goals from midfield) running the show.

They are young and still need time, but worst list my Nat King Cole.

We beat you by 7 goals this year, with young guns like Nick Larkey (who humiliated Jacob Weitering) and Tarryn Thomas (four goals from midfield) running the show.

They are young and still need time, but worst list my Nat King Cole.
It’s an enjoyable thread.

North don’t have the worst list in the comp, and you’ll be better in 2022.

The back half of their season showed they were comfortably in the mix of bottom 4-6 rather than a long way below and they've got a core of guys in Simpkin, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Stephenson who should all graduate from kids to men in terms of strength and fitness hopefully next year. The exponential improvement when you've got multiple kids turning to men is the fastest way to improve a side. Teams like the Hawks and Pies have far better experienced players but they don't have that group of 21-23 year olds who are all developing together.

They also got a huge break with the Greenwood signing to fill the Cunnington void.

The counter is they'll miss Tarrant a lot, which puts the pressure on Ziebell to run the show down back, and I can't work out why Dumont was let go. They're a couple of injuries away from being back in disaster.

Goldstein, Ziebell, Greenwood and Luke McDonald are really the keys to their season. If they don't have those mature bodies in their respective roles there's a big drop off.

Possibly the best neutral analysis of us I've seen. And far better than many you'll find on our board too LOL.

We'll have some great games where it all clicks and we look world beaters and we'll have some dog days too.

cultivating

Draftee
Nov 24, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Depends who wants the number one draft pick the most, I guess.

I think Hawthorn are the most likely for the spoon, and when was the last time that happened?

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
If Tex returns to his great form then all power to him and Adelaide but I don’t see it happening. Thilthorpe is a jet but be patient, a 2nd year forward won’t win you games. Fogarty’s been a Hail Mary every year since he was drafted; to me it’s somewhat clear that he’s just not that good.

I’m a harsh judge at times but I’ve seen plenty of Hately in three seasons and I don’t see any eye catching qualities.He’s a SANFL player. Doubt he makes it

Torpedro

Senior List
Feb 19, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
We were open to offers, the players didn't want to leave. We didn't try to force them out.

If they were angry they would have left

If they were angry after it would have come out

If they were angry they would not have shown up early to pre season

Unless something changes i see no reason to expect any issues
It took almost 2 years for all the issues from the crows infamous preseason camp to bubble to the surface. The supporters were none the wiser in the immediate months that followed it. Lingering issues aren’t always immediately apparent

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
It took almost 2 years for all the issues from the crows infamous preseason camp to bubble to the surface. The supporters were none the wiser in the immediate months that followed it. Lingering issues aren’t always immediately apparent
Okay and the second I hear murmurings of players being unhappy I will acknowledge, until than it is closer to fan fiction than it is reality

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
The back half of their season showed they were comfortably in the mix of bottom 4-6 rather than a long way below and they've got a core of guys in Simpkin, McKay, Larkey, Zurhaar, TT, LDU, Stephenson who should all graduate from kids to men in terms of strength and fitness hopefully next year. The exponential improvement when you've got multiple kids turning to men is the fastest way to improve a side. Teams like the Hawks and Pies have far better experienced players but they don't have that group of 21-23 year olds who are all developing together.

They also got a huge break with the Greenwood signing to fill the Cunnington void.

The counter is they'll miss Tarrant a lot, which puts the pressure on Ziebell to run the show down back, and I can't work out why Dumont was let go. They're a couple of injuries away from being back in disaster.

Goldstein, Ziebell, Greenwood and Luke McDonald are really the keys to their season. If they don't have those mature bodies in their respective roles there's a big drop off.
He's a plodder, simple as that. Doesn't have any outstanding attribute or point of differentiation. The fact no one wanted to trade for him, and that he only got picked up towards the end of the rookie draft, reinforces that he's not so well regarded in the market.
Can't see him getting a game at Port unless they cop a heap of injuries.
Dumont for Greenwood was a very good upgrade for our list.

It's going to depend on whether Kelly and Darling are playing next year for vaccine reasons, if Brad Sheppard takes a year or retires, if Hurn, Kennedy and Nic Nat are available and physically competitive. If Redden has a suitable replacement for half the year. If Shuey and Yeo can be fit all season.

It could be a bad year for the Eagles if that goes poorly, but they tend to only drop for a year, top up and then rebound strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an odd comparison.
2-3 players names were brought up for trade after being told that this might happen prior to trade period and that they’d hold the power to say “yes” or “no”.

It wasn’t a club wide training camp that tormented half the list.

I am sure they are all rapt that they got shopped around by the new coach.
They weren’t as upset as some here seem to hope.

Mainly because they were told prior to trade week that the club would listen to any reasonable offer that would improve their draft hand, and let the player have final say.

Last edited:
Are you mates with those players to know this?
I listened to Jon Ralph on a Hawthorn Twitter space at the time who commended the club for how honest it was with the players leading up to and through the trade period, and who said that the club took their answer to any possible trade as final.

If Ralph or any other hack journo thought there was fractures or discontent, they’d have reported it by now, wouldn’t they?

I mean, we had a player leaking to Tom Morris this year regarding the coaching situation… and yet nothing about players being upset after trade week?

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's a plodder, simple as that. Doesn't have any outstanding attribute or point of differentiation. The fact no one wanted to trade for him, and that he only got picked up towards the end of the rookie draft, reinforces that he's not so well regarded in the market.
Can't see him getting a game at Port unless they cop a heap of injuries.
Dumont for Greenwood was a very good upgrade for our list.
I'm not saying he's very good but the wing is a really structural position that young players generally struggle to hold down. And most young players don't have the tank or game smarts to be any chance at all at doing it really.

It's the lack of mature bodies and solid off field guys that I don't agree with. Dumont's a good character and club man isn't he? I would've kept him and added Greenwood and then along with Anderson that's 3 mature mids to call upon if/when required to make sure you don't slip too young like the first half of last year.

Unless there's genuine belief Polec can provide the same on field cover and be solid off field too, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I listened to Jon Ralph on a Hawthorn Twitter space at the time who commended the club for how honest it was with the players leading up to and through the trade period, and who said that the club took their answer to any possible trade as final.

If Ralph or any other hack journo thought there was fractures or discontent, they’d have reported it by now, wouldn’t they?

I mean, we had a player leaking to Tom Morris this year regarding the coaching situation… and yet nothing about players being upset after trade week?

Hmm so Jon Ralph and the absence of a leak is evidence. OK.

I may not be an unbiased observer here ;)

But the word of a fool and the absence of something is not very powerful evidence ;)
😂
Ralph is a fool, no doubt, but he’s no great friend of the HFC so if there was an inkling of discontent from the Hawthorn playing list, he wouldn’t sit on it.

As for the player, they were delisted… again, no reason to not be the “sources have confirmed” for Tom Morris, if players were really that upset with trade week.

Back