News 2022 St.Kilda AFLW Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know any more?

I think if it was not vaccine related the club would have included a generic line like "The leave of absence is in no way related to the State Government Vaccination Mandate".

When the AFL's own media reported a few hours earlier that St Kilda was the only AFLW club not to confirm if all their players had received their first dose, then the Saints put out a generic as possible statement, it's allowing people to join the dots without specifically saying so.

This has nothing to do with Georgia or anyone else at the SAINTS but I am interested to know how long a player can keep playing once she knows she is pregnant and at what time would a player be capable of returning to active contact demands of the sport after the birth etc ? I suppose the latter would be different player to player.

This has nothing to do with Georgia or anyone else at the SAINTS but I am interested to know how long a player can keep playing once she knows she is pregnant and at what time would a player be capable of returning to active contact demands of the sport after the birth etc ? I suppose the latter would be different player to player.
Almost the whole policy is a case-by-case thing. Basically the only things set in stone are when the player must inform the club doctor (immediately) and when the club doctor can inform club and AFL personnel (after the first trimester).

Whether a pregnant player can keep playing simply depends on whether the club doctor certifies her fit to play. But she can choose to not play regardless of what the club doctor says, of course (and gets paid her contract in full, either way).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The satement regarding Georgia PATRIKIOS was released on the 21st October 2021...its now 4 weeks later has anyone heard anything more regarding what it actually is all about...maybe i missed a post somewhere I'd love to know more...especially as she is the best p[layer we have......this of course notwithstanding the respect of her privacy as requested by the club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back