News 2022 St.Kilda AFLW Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In a strange way, it might help in the long-term?

With expansion coming, Essendon would have been originally keen to lure GP back (where she played her VFLW), but now, they (and the Hawks) might have gone cold on her.
They used to say there's no 'I' in team. I have to say, I guess this is an 'I' issue,,,,but I have to say that!

On SEN just minutes ago they were discussing Liam JONES and Georgia PATRIKIOS.....or LIAMIKIOS if you like! In regards to our Georgia, could someone tell me, from a contractural point of view....If for arguments sake she actually was simply uncomffortable with say the change of coach...DAL doesn't give her the preferential treatment that Peta SEARLE did...(as many stars' egos do expand) she decides that say the BOMBERS or another premiership bound franchise may offer her much more hope in the future...next year or similar.

All hypothetical.....the question is ..Does she have greater propensity and leeway to break contractural obligations for a Conscience Issue such as COVID VAX or would it be a greater trial for he to leave for such issues under contract. Compared to breaking such contractural obligations for purely self centred reasons...Does it vary? Public opinion no doubt would? I just have no idea. The question is pretty simple please forgive my complicated expression!

Last edited:
Yeah she could quit her contract and stand out for the year.

Wait until they either drop the vax requirement or get the jab and enter the draft next season.

It is a shame. GP is a very good player. Her footskills are as good as anyone. That press release reads like a bad reddit thread. Facepalm worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah she could quit her contract and stand out for the year.

Wait until they either drop the vax requirement or get the jab and enter the draft next season.

It is a shame. GP is a very good player. Her footskills are as good as anyone. That press release reads like a bad reddit thread. Facepalm worthy.
It would be a crying shame! IMO!

Not the best start today, plenty of work still to do.

CARLTON v ST KILDA

Saturday 18 December, 11am AEDT, Ikon Park

Carlton 6.10 (46) def St Kilda 4.4 (28)

QT | Just quietly, real nice to have footy back. We take a 21-point lead into the first break

CARL 22 - STK 1 pic.twitter.com/fxGpWVCE5B
— Carlton Women's (@carltonfc_w) December 18, 2021

HT | The Saints wrestle back momentum with the breeze but a silky Nic Stevens goal keeps them at bay.

CARL 30 - STK 13 pic.twitter.com/goyWL4rrzr

HT

CARL: 4.6 (30)
STK: 2.1 (13) pic.twitter.com/qcgizV2ph5
— St Kilda FCW (@stkildafcw) December 18, 2021

3QT | Another positive term in the books. One to go in our first hit-out of the pre-season

CARL 44 - STK 26 pic.twitter.com/7gvyHJaN5O

3QT

CARL: 6.8 (44)
STK: 4.2 (26) pic.twitter.com/WFkd2G66PL
— St Kilda FCW (@stkildafcw) December 18, 2021

FT | First offical dose of matchplay, new faces in the Navy Blue and old ones doing what they do best. We'll take that

CARL 46 - STK 28 pic.twitter.com/Qrrvs58Sgx

Does anyone know Patrikios' contract status? I dare say we've seen the last of her in Saints colours and she'll be off to the Bombers. It's a shame she couldn't be included in the team photos this season.

Does anyone know Patrikios' contract status? I dare say we've seen the last of her in Saints colours and she'll be off to the Bombers. It's a shame she couldn't be included in the team photos this season.
I believe the league has already indicated it'll void extra years on contracts of players who sign to expansion clubs. If Patrikios decides to leave, it's just going to come down to whether the league has come up with any reasonable compensation model (which I doubt) or whether they decide to massage the situation like I believe they did with the Dogs getting pick one for Mon Conti (which may be more likely). Honestly, if you told me I could get a top-5 pick for her right now, I'd take it.

I believe the league has already indicated it'll void extra years on contracts of players who sign to expansion clubs. If Patrikios decides to leave, it's just going to come down to whether the league has come up with any reasonable compensation model (which I doubt) or whether they decide to massage the situation like I believe they did with the Dogs getting pick one for Mon Conti (which may be more likely). Honestly, if you told me I could get a top-5 pick for her right now, I'd take it.
If she doesn't want to be there I guess we are better off without her. If she is dedicated to not getting vaccinated and bows out of footy well I have to have respect for her and admire her commitment to her ideals. We will see I guess! I really hope it is because she is firm on her stance and not just a means to an end! I say that as a person who on the face of it embraces the value of the vaccination. I'm asking the question because its all about the SAINTS AFLW team footy and to date nothing has clearly been outlined or explained as to what is what is happening....season starts just after new year doesn't it?

Last edited:
Yeah bit disappointing she isn't playing. But I would be happy to get a top 5 pick as well for her. It's early days and those who are being drafted now are probably a bit better than draftees a few years back. And while she racks up possessions I felt she didn't do enough damage with her disposal...

Yeah bit disappointing she isn't playing. But I would be happy to get a top 5 pick as well for her. It's early days and those who are being drafted now are probably a bit better than draftees a few years back. And while she racks up possessions I felt she didn't do enough damage with her disposal...
She's an All-Australian and 2x B&F winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back