Saints News 2022 St.Kilda AGM

Remove this Banner Ad

You can register and view the event below;

I'll be watching and will try and provide updates for those unable to attend

Hopefully there's a replay of this, going to miss at least the first 45mins.

If it's a MS Teams thing then there should be a recording immediately afterwards

I caught some of the general business questions.

- Questioned about board diversity and not just gender.
Bassett said it’s a fair question. Big saints fans are the first priority but will be looking to rectify board diversity.

- Couple of Brett Ratten questions. If we win against Port and Max King kicks straight we play finals so how do they justify sacking Ratten.
Bassett and Lethlean said the review started well before finals and likely would’ve suggested the same things whether we played finals or not.

- Why wasn’t there a proper process after Ratten was moved on.
Basically the St Kilda people who were involved with Ross (Blake, Geary etc) were a big wrap for Ross and he fit the leadership style the club needed.

- Has Max King worked on his goal kicking.
Sorry guys, screaming baby made me miss this one. I’m guessing the answer was yes.

A Ross Lyon video for the mens team. Mentioned how happy he is to be back at the saints, touched on the new assistants, basically your standard “end of year, looking to be better next year coach speech”. Dal the same for womens team.

Steele and the womens team captain something similar.

Basically you didn’t miss much.

Bassett said it’s a fair question. Big saints fans are the first priority but will be looking to rectify board diversity.

- Couple of Brett Ratten questions. If we win against Port and Max King kicks straight we play finals so how do they justify sacking Ratten.
Bassett and Lethlean said the review started well before finals and likely would’ve suggested the same things whether we played finals or not.

Basically the St Kilda people who were involved with Ross (Blake, Geary etc) were a big wrap for Ross and he fit the leadership style the club needed.

Sorry guys, screaming baby made me miss this one. I’m guessing the answer was yes.

A Ross Lyon video for the mens team. Mentioned how happy he is to be back at the saints, touched on the new assistants, basically your standard “end of year, looking to be better next year coach speech”. Dal the same for womens team.

The AGMs where you don't miss much, or there boring, usually means noone is screaming for people's heads I remember the old days AGMs where fiery. One year Peter Everitt got his life time Saints, and because he left for another club , the boos reverberated around the town hall.

Cheers mate

A bloke called up SEN a few weeks ago now when the AGM was announced whinging about its make up (closed to some?) and he took some issue with the matters to be raised on the night, including the acceptance of a board member (off the top of my head).

Was there any issues or concerns raised on the night?

A bloke called up SEN a few weeks ago now when the AGM was announced whinging about its make up (closed to some?) and he took some issue with the matters to be raised on the night, including the acceptance of a board member (off the top of my head).

Was there any issues or concerns raised on the night?
Only board questions I heard was about the lack of diversity on it.

Who are the nuffies asking the same old questions over and over again? Wasting everyone's time. A lot of patience handling it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must admit I was bemused when someone asked if we were looking at moving to the junction oval!!
I forgot about that question. They’re too nice, it should’ve been one of those “next question” moments.

Must admit I was bemused when someone asked if we were looking at moving to the junction oval!!

i rolled my eyes on that question.

Probably that old fool from Saintsational who has been banging on for more than 10 years about how we can move back to the Junction Oval, build a stadium to rival Skilled Stadium and play home games there and become a financial powerhouse.

Because after we've overcome the obstacles and moved to this place which is already tenanted, built a stadium that no one will approve, with money we don't have, and look to play games that the controlling body won't allocate, we can fill the place with backpackers because "cool, trendy St Kilda"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Probably that old fool from Saintsational who has been banging on for more than 10 years about how we can move back to the Junction Oval, build a stadium to rival Skilled Stadium and play home games there and become a financial powerhouse.

Because after we've overcome the obstacles and moved to this place which is already tenanted, built a stadium that no one will approve, with money we don't have, and look to play games that the controlling body won't allocate, we can fill the place with backpackers because "cool, trendy St Kilda"

So you’re saying it’s a chance?

Our club rooms in 1875 were what is now the St.Kilda station on Fitzroy St. Lets move there.

Full replay;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back