News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the interviewers summed it up well in the wrap up. Those interviews are almost impossible to give, there's nothing he can really say to appease people. He was open and honest about our form being poor and effort down against Essendon, he was open about the fact that players are down on form and others might not be at the level yet. He can't sit there and guarantee a response because that would just be paying lip-service, I think he is aware of what we need and that's a win.

Thought it was a pretty honest interview actually.

I watched two recent videos released by the club that I found illuminating.

One was Jack Sinclair with Robert Harvey,vthe other was Ben Paton with Aussie Jones.

In both cases the current player presented like a much dumber shyer knock-kneed image to their far more relaxed and verbose senior companion. And this is Harvey and Jones, neither exactly known for their oratory skills.

Now you may say this is an age difference thing and I'd agree. I'm old enough to understand that men in their 40s and 50s are generally a lot more confident with themselves - at least outwardly - that fellas in their 20s who haven't really tasted many of the range of good and bad flavours life has to offer.

But I was still surprised how introverted our current players were, particularly Sinclair and was a reminder of how few "characters" our current team has.

Coffield, Hill, Hanneberry, Byrnes, Ryder, Howard, Long, Higgins, Battle, Highmore and Wilkie are the only guys from our current squad who I've heard talk and thought that they would naturally be outspoken enough to say boo to a goose.

In tough times like these the last thing you need is a team full of timid introverts.

One was Jack Sinclair with Robert Harvey,vthe other was Ben Paton with Aussie Jones.

In both cases the current player presented like a much dumber shyer knock-kneed image to their far more relaxed and verbose senior companion. And this is Harvey and Jones, neither exactly known for their oratory skills.

Now you may say this is an age difference thing and I'd agree. I'm old enough to understand that men in their 40s and 50s are generally a lot more confident with themselves - at least outwardly - that fellas in their 20s who haven't really tasted many of the range of good and bad flavours life has to offer.

But I was still surprised how introverted our current players were, particularly Sinclair and was a reminder of how few "characters" our current team has.

Coffield, Hill, Hanneberry, Byrnes, Ryder, Howard, Long, Higgins, Battle, Highmore and Wilkie are the only guys from our current squad who I've heard talk and thought that they would naturally be outspoken enough to say boo to a goose.

In tough times like these the last thing you need is a team full of timid introverts.
Sinclair had always been a polite soft spoken guy. Looks like a rockstar due to the haircut but the opposite in demeanour

Sinclair had always been a polite soft spoken guy. Looks like a rockstar due to the haircut but the opposite in demeanour
This was beyond polite though. He couldn't look Harvey in the eye, was rigid and safe throughout, made Harvs look like Spida Everitt in comparison - imagine that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need a team full of loud-mouthed, opinionated players shouting obscenities, and smoking at half time! Had a quick chat to Doc Baldock years ago- very pleasant and measured to talk to, same With Cowboy Neale. I said hello to Alan Jeans on a train one day, and he looked at me and nodded, but looked like he was going to bite my head off.

So this was the “Personal Issue”? Really wish the club would come out on the front foot ahead of these stories to control the narrative, rather than try to hide it and have it leak out via the media.
Poorly run club. It happens literally everytime.

Even if it’s not true as Paddy as tweeted in the above, get on the front foot early to dispel that stuff rather than “Ah don’t acknowledge it, nothing in it” because surely it’s been circulating around for a few days now at least.

Either way, really poor “reading of the room” of the supporter base which are frustrated for the most part.

So this was the “Personal Issue”? Really wish the club would come out on the front foot ahead of these stories to control the narrative, rather than try to hide it and have it leak out via the media.

Where's it been said this is why they didn't play? Even gutter journo you quoted isn't saying that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back