News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This needs to stop.

The targeting our our players in public and the media is disgraceful and despicable.

I feel deeply ashamed of the media as all Australians should be.

The club needs to take a stand and sanction the media outlets propagating lies, alternative facts, half truths and clickbait.

Disgusting, especially a couple of the main broadsheets spreading this utter garbage.

It's time the club properly put a stop to this treatment of our club from the media, the umpires and Match Review commission and so on. Look at the way Ryder's and Long's infractions were treated compared to similar from other clubs. Look at the free kick differencial per club from the last 10 years. What the hell did Hill and Ryder do in that pub that was wrong? Why is Sam Fisher an ex-player who retired years ago, pictured in a Saints top in a story that has nothing to do with his correct situation? Why are our shocking performances from the last month barely given a mention when the Dons and Roos get constant battering? You might think I'm weird asking for the media to kick our club while we're down but our players need a jolt and any publicity is better than no publicity.

There is an agenda from many to drag our club through the dirt whenever possible or to treat us as an irrelevance.

All clubs get a little bit of this treatment but ours seems to get targeted for an extra strong dose.

Mitch OwensConcussion1-2 weeks
Daniel McKenzieCalf1-2 weeks
Oscar AdamsBackTBC
Jack BytelFootTBC
Dan HanneberyCalfTBC
Jarryn GearyShoulderTBC
Jack HayesKneeSeason
Nick CoffieldKneeSeason
Updated: Tuesday, 28 June

How good that our injury list is pretty much only smack from the 2022 best 22 and then some depth options. Jack Hayes in contention when he returns.

We essentially have our strongest side available against the blues. No excuses. Only missing players will be those who are dropped so we can’t say we don’t have them available.

The media reaction to anything Saints is bizarre!

Saw an article on Sam Fisher yesterday and the Herald Sun felt the need to photo shop him into a newer St Kilda guernsey (in front of some weird, dingy, under a bridge background). I’m guessing to maximise the impact and connection to the club.
View attachment 1435145

That is ****ing weird. They couldn't find any pictures of Sam in the saints jumper he actually wore for 10+ years?

The media reaction to anything Saints is bizarre!

Saw an article on Sam Fisher yesterday and the Herald Sun felt the need to photo shop him into a newer St Kilda guernsey (in front of some weird, dingy, under a bridge background). I’m guessing to maximise the impact and connection to the club.
View attachment 1435145
That's not a newer guernsey, that was the same guernsey as the one we wore in his final season and that image was taken from an article they did on him playing his final season.

Rowan Marshall signs on until 2027. Huge, he’s a heart and soul player for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if this will work (restricted content) but Tim Membrey had a chat with Stewart Loewe. Buckets one of my favourites during the mid 90's.

Club has a good thing going with this new series. Sinclair & Harvey, Aussie & Paton, and now these two. Hope they keep it going. Winmar & one of the young indigenous blokes would be nice too.

I don't know if this will work (restricted content) but Tim Membrey had a chat with Stewart Loewe. Buckets one of my favourites during the mid 90's.

Club has a good thing going with this new series. Sinclair & Harvey, Aussie & Paton, and now these two. Hope they keep it going. Winmar & one of the young indigenous blokes would be nice too.
It would obviously be Winmar and Nas if they did it. Nasiah’s wearing his number

View attachment 1436710

Champion data telling us what we already know.. DTrain is elite

De Goey and Amon both elite. Blakers too. My mate Aaron Hall ended up being one of North's better pick ups too. He's been very good in two s**t sides. Hard to believe Rankine is elite too. He's better than he was but he look a bit ordinary for the talent he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back