News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TobleroneJim

Debutant
Sep 10, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Goat on the wing, bittersweet seeing him play so well this season. Sincs should be on field too
E083AA3A-CAF7-4127-8B20-127032C00B08.jpeg

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Our new found hero David King (saying nice things about the Saints so he is now objective and an absolute expert) on the First Crack last night had absolutely damning footage of Shiel pointing out a free Swan player, running away into a part of the field where he had no impact on the game, and then screaming and pointing at another Bomber player who was already on a bloke.

And absolute fraud whose lazy one way running shiteness was shielded by the awesome GWS mids of late last decade. Two first and a chunck of SC as you said.

I continually give a Dodoro fist pump that they got him and he 'won' another trading period. That bloke is really undefeated champion of winning trade periods.
May he recruit Marshall and get Amon. One will cost dp's and a big slice of SC, the orther more SC. Both players totally unsuited for Essendon needs. Hope Dodoro stays there forever.
Have to bring this up every now and then because it feels great to be so right. 7 years and counting:
He looks superficially good at his job because he won't make a trade that doesn't bend over the other party (obviously excepting situations where OOC players are walking). So when a trade does occur it looks like a massive win for Essendon. Downside is for that 1 trade that gets made 5 possibly very good trades (for Essendon) don't happen because the clubs want reasonable value.

In 5 years if the trading strategy doesn't change the Bombers are going to be at the level they are now without ever pushing top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saint Christopher

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kookaburras, Nola, Liverpool.
Billings has been nominated for mark of the year, give him a vote
He got my vote brother, such a brave, brave act by a player that has been criticized for his heart, courage and soul and for not being the Bont.

Statistically his career is travelling fine and in this (hopefully consistent) new structure and culture he will make his mark.

He has another level to go to, no doubt, and that is up to him but he has been a valuable player in an inconsistent decade.

He got my vote brother, such a brave, brave act by a player that has been criticized for his heart, courage and soul and for not being the Bont.

Statistically his career is travelling fine and in this (hopefully consistent) new structure and culture he will make his mark.

He has another level to go to, no doubt, and that is up to him but he has been a valuable player in an inconsistent decade.
Great post mate :) Couldn't agree more!

TobleroneJim

Debutant
Sep 10, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont know if you watched the Suns vs Freo game... he got a bit of it (and if it hadn't already been raining his kicks would've caused it...up and unders with not a lot of use...
In the game against us I thought he was pretty ineffective too, but he's gotta be doing something right if he's getting named here. Probably a bit lucky and no doubt he won't be in the actual team come the end of the year, but we'd definitely take his current output if he was still a saint. With us always showed glimpses but had a tendency to undo it all with bonehead plays, maybe needed a better surrounding cast to bring out the consistency.

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
My man Wilkie.

1F1E9DF4-F218-4902-858B-040C8B321060.jpeg

He’s absolutely pocketed Tex Walker in the past, I wonder if he’ll do so again in 3 days time? Also is Wilkie one of those players now that gets called underrated so often that he’s almost getting the recognition he deserves?

Either way, the man’s a jet.

My man Wilkie.

View attachment 1403471

He’s absolutely pocketed Tex Walker in the past, I wonder if he’ll do so again in 3 days time? Also is Wilkie one of those players now that gets called underrated so often that he’s almost getting the recognition he deserves?

Either way, the man’s a jet.
Bounty hunter? I love it!
Definitely underrated outside of St. Kilda.

Back