Memberships 2022 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,172)

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop turning a massive positive into a negative. Well done everyone who’s signed up. Huge effort.

One day the club will repay us. One day.
Agree, gets so boring

Stop turning a massive positive into a negative. Well done everyone who’s signed up. Huge effort.

One day the club will repay us. One day.
It is hard not to go "what could have been"

Realistically given our losses we've left 5000 members in the tank this year.

Gee it's just an opinion, that's in all likely hood could be very correct.
It IS a bit late in the season now to be trying to get more onboard and get the 60k

Plus with the way we have been playing it's prob even more likely it won't happen.... it might happen and we all hope it does but it does seem slim.

It also does no way detract from the excellent job the club and staff have done to get us to an all time high

Another jump. Is this the last or might we breach 59,000? That would be epic considering the past few weeks and the injuries we have piling up.

Attachments

• DBA8EF19-9B68-4BA9-9436-2887AAE9EAB6.png
    DBA8EF19-9B68-4BA9-9436-2887AAE9EAB6.png
    440 KB · Views: 49
Another jump. Is this the last or might we breach 59,000? That would be epic considering the past few weeks and the injuries we have piling up.
Amazing effort

could be a 75K + club with a couple of top 4 finishes

Amazing effort

100% agree. Our aspirations should be higher, bolder and braver than ever before. Commercial success and stability provides the resources to support a robust football department with the resources to thrive. You can’t do one without the other.

How the hell are we gaining members with the on field performances the way they are??!!!
They're non StKilda supporters feeling so sorry for us they thought they should support us by buying a membership ;)

How the hell are we gaining members with the on field performances the way they are??!!!

It’s amazing isn’t it.

St Kilda is the enigma of the AFL. The club has had a few successful periods during its 150 year history but has tended be a perennial straggler.

Yet it has always had a large and latent supporter base that continues to regenerate and rise passionately when the club surges. It’s a club with soul that stirs the emotions of people.

It’s why the AFL has continued to support us over the years. For some reason lots of people barrack for the club. It’s an important part of the fabric of the AFL.

It is what it is. I reckon it’s really cool.

didnt know where to put this, i think this is the right thread.

just had another awesome experience with the membership team again, two years in a row!!!!

i remember it being a nightmare dealing with them like 10 years back, hell even 5 years ago!

now they're a breeze. some absolute gems working in there!!!

on field might not be going very well, but the membership team is kicking some serious goals. i wonder if any of them can play midfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing effort

Agreed. In a broader sense, I think it's time for a Richmond-like statement re: Debt & Members. We really need to set the bar as high as possible and do everything within our power to achieve it.

75k+ members should be the target. Clearing the debt. Setting up a trust-type arrangement amongst all supporters, wealthy or otherwise.

Better late than never. 1,264 members away from 60,000.

Current Membership Tally (18/07/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+2,904

All-Time Tally;

1. 58,736 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Could still get there

Win well this week away and we might be able to flog off enough 3 gamer memberships for the 3 of 4 games left at the dome

Agreed, we have till the end of the month to finalise membership numbers. With 3 home games left this would be a good push. Interestingly our head of membership is in Europe, hence the lack of info on AFLW memberships or sponsorship. Weird.

Agreed. In a broader sense, I think it's time for a Richmond-like statement re: Debt & Members. We really need to set the bar as high as possible and do everything within our power to achieve it.

75k+ members should be the target. Clearing the debt. Setting up a trust-type arrangement amongst all supporters, wealthy or otherwise.

Debt will be below $5million by end of the year, the foundation was set up last year to provide tax benefits for contributing to the club and I hope the aim is for a 75,000+ membership within 3 years and more. The issue we will have is servicing our members and having enough GA space at home games to comfortably fit them in. Our members don’t like reserved seats. I’d like to see a walk up membership zone on level 3 on the wing and extend goal zone to a walk up zone for members as well to pack our members in at ground level either side of the reserved seats on the wing and completely surrounding a reduced cheer squad zone of 8 rows.

Debt will be below $5million by end of the year, the foundation was set up last year to provide tax benefits for contributing to the club and I hope the aim is for a 75,000+ membership within 3 years and more. The issue we will have is servicing our members and having enough GA space at home games to comfortably fit them in. Our members don’t like reserved seats. I’d like to see a walk up membership zone on level 3 on the wing and extend goal zone to a walk up zone for members as well to pack our members in at ground level either side of the reserved seats on the wing and completely surrounding a reduced cheer squad zone of 8 rows.
The Goal Zone was a walk up zone pre covid. It used to be show your card and sit where you want.

That’s an incredible turnaround in our debt situation. It was close to $14m only a few years ago.

How have we reduced our debt it so quickly? Has the AFL waived debt, is it improved trading, or is it fund raising from within the club?

We rightly focus on how frustrating the team’s results are and whether our football department can deliver the goods. Criticism is valid. Our results on the field continue to be mediocre.

But, as a matter of fairness, the club’s board has quietly kicked plenty of goals off the field over the past few years. That deserves to be recognised. It appears the long term future of the club is becoming increasingly bullish over time.

That’s an incredible turnaround in our debt situation. It was close to $14m only a few years ago.

How have we reduced our debt it so quickly? Has the AFL waived debt, is it improved trading, or is it fund raising from within the club?

We rightly focus on how frustrating the team’s results are and whether our football department can deliver the goods. Criticism is valid. Our results on the field continue to be mediocre.

But, as a matter of fairness, the club’s board has quietly kicked plenty of goals off the field over the past few years. That deserves to be recognised. It appears the long term future of the club is becoming increasingly bullish over time.

No debt relief from the AFL, all from increased revenue and fund raising. For the first time in a long time all of the club sponsors slots have been taken up, membership revenue is up, gate receipts are up and merchandise sales is up. We will have cleared $14million by the end of next year, so we cleared it in 3 years. We were focusing on building Moorabbin up again and now we can focus on future proof building. Hopefully this includes a greater focus on revenue generating facilities at Moorabbin. Function rooms for hire during the year and better spectator facilities for AFLW, VFLW and VFL.

Compare this to North Melbourne who took 10 years to clear less than $10million. This is why we are not the same.

Current Membership Tally (29/07/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+3,069

All-Time Tally;

1. 58,901 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back