Memberships 2022 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,172)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got a spare Saints locker voucher to tack onto the jumper deal? Mine got tossed out

I can't find mine either. Did they send a physical one or was it online? you are welcome to it if I can track it down.

This year it was physical in the membership pack if I remember correctly
Just did a search, check your emails - I got an email on 4/8 reminding me to redeem the code.
I used mine on a scarf early in the season (when it came with membership) so I'm not sure what this one is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current Membership Tally (20/08/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+4,168

All-Time Tally;

1. 60,000 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Current Membership Tally (20/08/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+4,168

All-Time Tally;

1. 60,000 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)
Hard to believe people signed up over the past few weeks - and 300 odd since yesterday.
Were they bribing them at the club this morning?

Hard to believe people signed up over the past few weeks - and 300 odd since yesterday.
Were they bribing them at the club this morning?
Think they hold back on the updates if there's an impending announcement.

Think we will again break this record next year.

Think they hold back on the updates if there's an impending announcement.

Think we will again break this record next year.
Would be nice if more members ( I’m looking straight at you here) would actually go to the games. 😉😝

60 000 members is great, but more supporters get to the games, more noise, more it lifts the team.

Would be nice if more members ( I’m looking straight at you here) would actually go to the games. 😉😝

60 000 members is great, but more supporters get to the games, more noise, more it lifts the team.
Kayo has killed it off for a lot of people I reckon. Before that was introduced, you'd have to get Foxtel and pay out the arse just to watch sport because you'd need a $50 general package to go along with the additional $30 or whatever for the sports package..then you've got to pay for the boxes ontop of that.

$25 a month to sit in the comfort of my own warm home and buy cheaper booze is just easier.

I'm positive if we were more successful more would turn up, I'd probably find the energy to hike it to the game if that were the case too. I don't trust us to perform consistently so I don't risk hanging out in the cold for hours to see us lose.

I'm positive if we were more successful more would turn up, I'd probably find the energy to hike it to the game if that were the case too. I don't trust us to perform consistently so I don't risk hanging out in the cold for hours to see us lose.
Chicken and egg - a successful club is built on the back of supporters live at the games.

Look at the numbers that turn up for the Pies, Bombers and Blues.

We want to get the big games, then we need to get off the couch. Attending 11 home games should not be too much to ask.

If we’re apathetic, why should the AFL regard us as anything more than a minnow club. We are our own worst enemies.

Chicken and egg - a successful club is built on the back of supporters live at the games.

We want to get the big games, then we need to get off the couch. Attending 11 home games should not be too much to ask.

If we’re apathetic, why should the AFL regard us as anything more than a minnow club. We are our own worst enemies.
I guess you can't fault people for not wanting to go, though. There's a correlation for us between high attendance and good performance, once we start delivering then people will show up. Club needs to win some trust back from the supporters in relation to on-field performance and consistency of performance.

In saying all that, membership will continue to increase which is great. I hear every single year we don't do well that membership will go down, it's a myth. 60,000 is now the benchmark, I wouldn't be surprised if we near 65,000 next year. The work done by club in this space has been nothing short of extraordinary. I think 75k members is the pass mark for a "big club", and we are fast approaching it.

Club arranges transport from "hubs" around Melb given many don't brave public transport in pandemics, you'll get more bums on seat rather than 2hrs on a train one way for example. WA based saints do something about it, Vic naah, too hard.

They're even opening up rooms for people there pre match these days, but you still need to make people want to go to the ground and they've done nothing in that sense and just left it up to the consumer year in year out whilst "poor turnouts" have been a thing. There was nothing to indicate it was out home ground or be welcoming at Docklands, at all to warrant it.

Club arranges transport from "hubs" around Melb given many don't brave public transport in pandemics, you'll get more bums on seat rather than 2hrs on a train one way for example. WA based saints do something about it, Vic naah, too hard.

They're even opening up rooms for people there pre match these days, but you still need to make people want to go to the ground and they've done nothing in that sense and just left it up to the consumer year in year out whilst "poor turnouts" have been a thing. There was nothing to indicate it was out home ground or be welcoming at Docklands, at all to warrant it.
True.
Im also aware that being 20 minutes away by train or a short-ish drive in to the stadium makes it easier for me than for many others.

We‘re also just post the worst of covid, so hopefully people will start turning up again in the next couple of seasons.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back