Memberships 2022 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,172)

Remove this Banner Ad

A window into the mind of an (almost) lapsed member:

I have just finally paid for my membership and my son's - normally easypay rollover, but my card details changed so the club contacted me about it. Truthfully, I toyed with the idea of letting our memberships lapse this year for 4 reasons:

1) Money is an issue for me right now and it's one expense I can't really justify to the wife considering where we live. I've had over 15 years as a Saints supporter so I can't be accused of not helping out, and I neee to spend less of my attention on inconsequential sporting events

2) Currently St Kilda are doing ok members wise, the days of SOS are over

3) I'd been dissatisfied with the previous year and I guess as Gringo and others have often said, a bit tired of the constant fails of the club since 2010, I wasn't sure that we were heading in the right direction with Ratts - still not 100% sure but a bit more confident

4) I am sick of the ultra low-quality merch we receive as past of the membership pack and a lot of it being unnecessary waste of resources and I don't see why I should continue to support organisations who happily manufacture more garbage that no one needs and ship it around the world at the expense of the environment

If it hadn't been for our upsurge in form and my desire to see the match replays on the WatchAFL app, I probably would have lapsed - but I was seduced by the frustrating inability to watch games after a few wins on the trot, so ultimately we signed up for 2022. Yay!

PS now that I have access to our matches this year, does anyone have any advice about which to watch first? I started with the recent match against Port but it was pretty low-skilled and boring, I fell asleep in the second quarter. Looking for a better indicator of our improvement. The shellaking of the Hawks? The come from behind win over Richmond? The - ahem - giant-killing of the number 3 team in the west? The last man standing desperate win in Canberra? The instructive dirty loss against the Pies?

A window into the mind of an (almost) lapsed member:

I have just finally paid for my membership and my son's - normally easypay rollover, but my card details changed so the club contacted me about it. Truthfully, I toyed with the idea of letting our memberships lapse this year for 4 reasons:

1) Money is an issue for me right now and it's one expense I can't really justify to the wife considering where we live. I've had over 15 years as a Saints supporter so I can't be accused of not helping out, and I neee to spend less of my attention on inconsequential sporting events

2) Currently St Kilda are doing ok members wise, the days of SOS are over

3) I'd been dissatisfied with the previous year and I guess as Gringo and others have often said, a bit tired of the constant fails of the club since 2010, I wasn't sure that we were heading in the right direction with Ratts - still not 100% sure but a bit more confident

4) I am sick of the ultra low-quality merch we receive as past of the membership pack and a lot of it being unnecessary waste of resources and I don't see why I should continue to support organisations who happily manufacture more garbage that no one needs and ship it around the world at the expense of the environment

If it hadn't been for our upsurge in form and my desire to see the match replays on the WatchAFL app, I probably would have lapsed - but I was seduced by the frustrating inability to watch games after a few wins on the trot, so ultimately we signed up for 2022. Yay!

PS now that I have access to our matches this year, does anyone have any advice about which to watch first? I started with the recent match against Port but it was pretty low-skilled and boring, I fell asleep in the second quarter. Looking for a better indicator of our improvement. The shellaking of the Hawks? The come from behind win over Richmond? The - ahem - giant-killing of the number 3 team in the west? The last man standing desperate win in Canberra? The instructive dirty loss against the Pies?
The Hawks and Richmond games have been the best we have played all year so far. Particularly against the Hawks, where we dominated defense and looked extremely good in offense. The Richmond game has more character to it because they had to respond to the Tigers playing really well at times. The Freo game wasn't outstanding, but given the state of the teams at the moment, beating Freo in Perth stacks up pretty damn well.

Hope whoever got those memberships is enjoying them! Love to see it. If those that did get a membership have any issues please get in touch. Cheers!

Umm
Wheres wolfie?
He is getting DMs and not replying
Nothigs been settled yet is what i am hearing

Need to get this sorted
sorry? I don't have a single DM not replied too. 5 memberships have been purchased and sent across. There is another one (#6) in the works as well, just awaiting extra funds for that one during pay week.

Great work mate
Thi.k theres been some DM mesaages not going thru or some settings being diff for some posters
Its all came out in the wash and the poster that contacted me has explained

Great work on what ya did and hopefully someones off to a couple of games coming up!!

Go saints
Smash the cats

Would love to hear if we had a jump in numbers after the Cats game.
Surely we must be really close to getting 60 000 this year?
Anyone got the latest numbers?

Would love to hear if we had a jump in numbers after the Cats game.
Surely we must be really close to getting 60 000 this year?
Anyone got the latest numbers?
I think from news going around we have broken the membership record with above the 55000+, hopefully we get close to 60,000 in the coming month

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think from news going around we have broken the membership record with above the 85500+, hopefully we get close to 60,000 in the coming month
Hopefully not, Ratts would be out the door and we'd be rioting outside Moorabbin no doubt

So close.
It's been done on purpose.

We've broken our all-time membership record and club will set aside time to make an announcement on it in the coming week or so :thumbsu:

Current Membership Tally (24/05/2022):

This Time Last Year (18/05/2021):

Difference:
+816

All-Time Tally;

1. 55,832 (2021)
2. 55,828 (2022)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Projected Final Total:

Would be incredible if we could nudge 57,000 this year. I think 60,000 is probably out of the question given how late into the season we are. Typically there's not much of a jump from now until the cutoff. If we can beat North and go into the bye 8-3 then who knows, though. Some might gear up for the second half of the year with finals looking like a possibility.

Either way, to break our membership record after the disappointment of last season is a credit to the membership team and to the loyalty of our supporters. Three straight seasons now we've broken our all-time record, and also 5 out of 6 years we've broken it (2019 being the only year we have gone slightly backwards).

To put things into some perspective, at the end of Finnis' first year in charge (2014) our membership sat at 30,739. In 8 seasons he has helped grow the membership base by near on double. Remarkable.

To put things into some perspective, at the end of Finnis' first year in charge (2014) our membership sat at 30,739. In 8 seasons he has helped grow the membership base by near on double. Remarkable.

It's a great result when you consider that Josh Bruce was probably our marquee player for a lot of that period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back