Memberships 2022 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 60,172)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess you can't fault people for not wanting to go, though. There's a correlation for us between high attendance and good performance, once we start delivering then people will show up. Club needs to win some trust back from the supporters in relation to on-field performance and consistency of performance.

In saying all that, membership will continue to increase which is great. I hear every single year we don't do well that membership will go down, it's a myth. 60,000 is now the benchmark, I wouldn't be surprised if we near 65,000 next year. The work done by club in this space has been nothing short of extraordinary. I think 75k members is the pass mark for a "big club", and we are fast approaching it.

Yep it's just a lack of trust at the moment. If there's a better baseline of performance you can more easily go along knowing it's not going to be an eyesore

Yep it's just a lack of trust at the moment. If there's a better baseline of performance you can more easily go along knowing it's not going to be an eyesore

The old "I won't show up until I know that the side will turn up".

Yep and 30,000 in 8 years.

Club says we are up near the top of the womens league, don't know exact number though.
3rd with 4,055 behind Sydney (4388) and Adelaide (4219).

It's impressive having the most in Victoria.

Strong AFLW membership figure could well be due to the historical lack of success at AFL level, and hoping to forge a successful AFLW program from the start. Makes it even more disappointing how the womens side hasn't fired a shot yet

Strong AFLW membership figure could well be due to the historical lack of success at AFL level, and hoping to forge a successful AFLW program from the start. Makes it even more disappointing how the womens side hasn't fired a shot yet
It's a very different competition, the poor seasons are more to do with the competition and new clubs getting an easy ride to start out. We've had a tremendous amount of players poached off of us, and just in general there's a serious gap between the good and bad sides. It's the AFLW's biggest issue I reckon.

Chicken and egg - a successful club is built on the back of supporters live at the games.

Look at the numbers that turn up for the Pies, Bombers and Blues.

We want to get the big games, then we need to get off the couch. Attending 11 home games should not be too much to ask.

If we’re apathetic, why should the AFL regard us as anything more than a minnow club. We are our own worst enemies.
Pies, Bummers, Blues have enough premierships for multi generational satisfaction.
No one under 65yo can possibly remember our last premiership, and no one over 65 saw one since they were very young.
Interestingly, Australia changed to decimal currency in 1966 which gives you an idea of the last time this club had relevance to the footy community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies, Bummers, Blues have enough premierships for multi generational satisfaction.
No one under 65yo can possibly remember our last premiership, and no one over 65 saw one since they were very young.
Interestingly, Australia changed to decimal currency in 1966 which gives you an idea of the last time this club had relevance to the footy community.
My mum can. Purely because of her grandma flashing her undies celebrating around the house

It's a very different competition, the poor seasons are more to do with the competition and new clubs getting an easy ride to start out. We've had a tremendous amount of players poached off of us, and just in general there's a serious gap between the good and bad sides. It's the AFLW's biggest issue I reckon.
You can't blame it on new sides getting an easy ride, given we were a new side when we came in

You can't blame it on new sides getting an easy ride, given we were a new side when we came in
Definitely you can, look at how much of a ride new clubs over the last year or so have been given, very different to the crop that we came in with

Definitely you can, look at how much of a ride new clubs over the last year or so have been given, very different to the crop that we came in with
Sorry mate i don't understand. if new clubs get a good ride, then shouldn't we be good?

Sorry mate i don't understand. if new clubs get a good ride, then shouldn't we be good?
This last crop of the expansion sides were given a much better raft of picks than we got - Hawthorn have already had more first round picks than we have had in our 4 years combined. We had the 3rd Vic pick in our original draft with 2 exisiting sides getting to pick before us.

Our group of teams got shafted with the concessions provided and all 4 sides have struggled.

Last year or the year before I think half of our AFLW members were completely new members of the Saints. Imagine if we pushed for a home final, Moorabbin would be amazing.

Little bump

Current Membership Tally (26/08/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+4,203

All-Time Tally;

1. 60,035 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)

Interesting figures from 2006. Interesting how we were up there in regards to the big clubs and now they have pulled ahead.

Lots of big leaps in clubs membership numbers since then.

86554C87-E047-4C6A-876B-632D479877F2.png

History made in our 149th season.

Current Membership Tally (01/09/2022):

This Time Last Year (Final):

Difference:
+4,289

All-Time Tally;

1. 60,121 (2022)
2. 55,832 (2021)
3. 48,775 (2020)
4. 45,678 (2018)
5. 42,910 (2019)