Analysis 2022 Statistics + supercoach discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to do whatever juggling I need to. Options are:

• Replace one of Lloyd or Stewart. Reliable premium scorers but neither are the sort to go on a tear and put themselves out of reach pricewise - classic upgrade target types.
  • Replace Sicily. Should be a bargain but carries some risk coming off a knee and Hawfs are shitter than when he last played. The sort you usually like to "start or pass".
  • Upgrade a placeholder rookie, which would mean rolling 5 def premos deep from round 1 and wiping out all my contingency cash reserves

Leaning towards the first option
1647486633949.png
I ditched Sicily myself.
I don't like the idea of trigger happy umpires giving 50m penalty's against him.

View attachment 1346320
I ditched Sicily myself.
I don't like the idea of trigger happy umpires giving 50m penalty's against him.
Ditched Stewart and was able to upgrade Berry to Jelly and keep a bit of cash aside. Now have 14 on field that I expect to keep all season, got rid of the Rachele selection - wasn't happy having him on the bench at his price and role, will eat the correctional trade in a couple of weeks if I have to - and down to only a couple of stepping stone midpricers.

2 learnings from round 1:
  • probably the best batch of cash cows ever
  • the captains loophole no longer works, cost me 133 points

2 learnings from round 1:
  • probably the best batch of cash cows ever
  • the captains loophole no longer works, cost me 133 points

The captains loophole certainly does work, if you avoided the mass hysteria of people in the SC threads insisting you need to start with 30 green dots.

And you only lost the difference between 133 points and the amount your captain got. You still got Macrae's 133.

So how is everyone going? Every year I have a rule: don’t trade after round 1. Every year I break that rule and regret it. This year’s special: Trade out Treloar after one round then see him get 53 points by quarter time :drunk:

So how is everyone going? Every year I have a rule: don’t trade after round 1. Every year I break that rule and regret it. This year’s special: Trade out Treloar after one round then see him get 53 points by quarter time :drunk:

Ouch. The don't trade after round 1 rule can only be broken for a dropped rookie who is unlikely to come back (bye, Owens). Trading out a premo after one game ... yeah, nah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As they say in the small print, past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Can't see Hayes doing that again. But there's a good chance that he outscores at least one of those 3 this week. It's a lottery as to which one, but I think Coniglio is the least likely to fail.

Ouch. The don't trade after round 1 rule can only be broken for a dropped rookie who is unlikely to come back (bye, Owens). Trading out a premo after one game ... yeah, nah.
Nearly talked myself into trading this week but thankfully thought better of it. I need Rachele and N Martin but need to ditch one of Ward or McGovern to make that happen. Decided that choice would become clearer after this week and I could hold on, and now Martin's got the Rona. So now I can defer him for another week, look at getting Lukey Mac in if he looks the goods again, and McGovern's underperforming arse is getting the hell out. All without wasting a trade boost.

The captains loophole certainly does work, if you avoided the mass hysteria of people in the SC threads insisting you need to start with 30 green dots.

And you only lost the difference between 133 points and the amount your captain got. You still got Macrae's 133.

Yes - you are right, was looking at the wrong view. I got the full 266. Tough comp this one

RightyO guys,
Stengel or N. Martin?

Seems like a no brainer but young Martin is going to have a bit of work put into him and they are playing Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back