Team Mgmt. 2022 & 2023 injuries and availability - The bye has come at a good time - 13/6

Remove this Banner Ad

you do like a good spreadsheet don't you Lore:thumbsupemoji:

on that note, has anyone seen a 2021 injury ladder?
Same old spreadsheet just duplicated it, deleted half a dozen players and cleared the fixture ready for 2022. I like being able to find information when I want it but the AFL doesn't make it easy.

Haven't seen an injury ladder yet...

Jordan Ridley has only played 48 games. That is unbelievable. He seriously has the composure and nous of a 100 game player. Absolute gem.

2 new appointments to strength and conditioning team;

Alex Sakadjian has come across from Melbourne (was there for 8 years) to be our Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach. Looking after rehab and first years programming.

Conor Daley is our Head Strength and Power Coach, came from Manly Sea Eagles. He's an Irishman with some Gaelic background, does combat training like wrestling and such.

2 new appointments to strength and conditioning team;

Alex Sakadjian has come across from Melbourne (was there for 8 years) to be our Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach. Looking after rehab and first years programming.

Conor Daley is our Head Strength and Power Coach, came from Manly Sea Eagles. He's an Irishman with some Gaelic background, does combat training like wrestling and such.

Feels a bit late to be bringing in the first years program person. Has not the program started? I would have thought meetings between that person and the coaches should have been happening in September/October.

Feels a bit late to be bringing in the first years program person. Has not the program started? I would have thought meetings between that person and the coaches should have been happening in September/October.
First years were drafted last week and trained with the group for the first time on Wednesday. I would expect the guy in charge of their program has been here for a little while though, getting familiar with everything and looking after the rehab group since that's the other half of his job,

It's probably come out now because it was the first opportunity to interview Murphy for the preseason (he also talked about Cox's foot and Pidge/Perkins doing well).

First years were drafted last week and trained with the group for the first time on Wednesday. I would expect the guy in charge of their program has been here for a little while though, getting familiar with everything and looking after the rehab group since that's the other half of his job,

It's probably come out now because it was the first opportunity to interview Murphy for the preseason (he also talked about Cox's foot and Pidge/Perkins doing well).
That sounds logical. I want to believe.

Anyone know where we are at with Harrison jones .. is he full training now ?
Haven't had an update since the pre-season video thing he did when he was talking about using the Alter-G a couple of times a week and running around the oval on other days. Seems to be on track though.

Same old spreadsheet just duplicated it, deleted half a dozen players and cleared the fixture ready for 2022. I like being able to find information when I want it but the AFL doesn't make it easy.

Haven't seen an injury ladder yet...
Look I love a good spreadsheet just like the next man but there’s no excuse for not expanding column enough…none whatsoever

7A721A3E-08B2-4D7F-886C-086C1A74E51A.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I love a good spreadsheet just like the next man but there’s no excuse for not expanding column enough…none whatsoever

View attachment 1295095
In the actual spreadsheet it's all formatted nicely. I don't know why but when BigFooty embeds it, it changes the formatting of the text and mucks it all up. Sometimes the cell borders disappear too 😒 I've tried playing with it to try and get it to behave but when you change something in the spreadsheet there's a lag for the embed to catch up, so you change something then wait five minutes to refresh the forum and see if it has worked or not. 😒 Have come to the conclusion the juice isn't worth the squeeze wrt that particular issue.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 13.04.06 (2).png

In the actual spreadsheet it's all formatted nicely. I don't know why but when BigFooty embeds it, it changes the formatting of the text and mucks it all up. Sometimes the cell borders disappear too 😒 I've tried playing with it to try and get it to behave but when you change something in the spreadsheet there's a lag for the embed to catch up, so you change something then wait five minutes to refresh the forum and see if it has worked or not. 😒 Have come to the conclusion the juice isn't worth the squeeze wrt that particular issue.

View attachment 1295116
Just joking, always excellent work on those. Interesting your comment on AFL and stats access. I follow NFL and MLB and there’s an abundance of stats available especially independent sites like Pro Football Reference for example. AFL gives us as little as possible obviously to protect Champion Data and get them to charge. Should be helping fans more on this regard

Just joking, always excellent work on those. Interesting your comment on AFL and stats access. I follow NFL and MLB and there’s an abundance of stats available especially independent sites like Pro Football Reference for example. AFL gives us as little as possible obviously to protect Champion Data and get them to charge. Should be helping fans more on this regard
You can't even pay for it, lost opportunity there imo. CD definitely has the data, but you only get snippets of datasets from journalists in random articles and that's about it.

There used to be a sort of almanac thing they published annually but I don't think they've done it for a while and even that was rudimentary.

So where are we with injuries?

Hurley still looks to be out for a while
Durham has a corkie, might be back for St. Kilda?
Bryan had lacerations in his knee so missed last game, might be back for the Saints again?
Stringer should be back for round 1, touch wood
Reid is out for a little while too, apparently
Eyre (didn't play the Intra Club) did play the VFL praccy against the Dogs (Saw a photo of him sitting on the bench)
Phillips is outfor a little while with a groin injury
Voss didn't play the Intra but have no idea if he played the VFL praccy
Walla is out with mental health?

So by my count:

Hurley and Reid long term
Phillips and Walla out for round 1 probably
Voss we're not sure.

So we could end up with 16 AFL listed players in the VFL round 1

So where are we with injuries?

Hurley still looks to be out for a while
Durham has a corkie, might be back for St. Kilda?
Bryan had lacerations in his knee so missed last game, might be back for the Saints again?
Stringer should be back for round 1, touch wood
Reid is out for a little while too, apparently
Eyre (didn't play the Intra Club) did play the VFL praccy against the Dogs (Saw a photo of him sitting on the bench)
Phillips is outfor a little while with a groin injury
Voss didn't play the Intra but have no idea if he played the VFL praccy
Walla is out with mental health?

So by my count:

Hurley and Reid long term
Phillips and Walla out for round 1 probably
Voss we're not sure.

So we could end up with 16 AFL listed players in the VFL round 1
Walla I’m not holding my breath for, might take an extra couple of weeks. The rest sounds about right

I hope to see a few more players given a go throughout the year, while finding a key Forward.

PlayerInjuryDuration
Jake StringerGroinTest
Aaron FrancisKneeTest
Harry JonesAnkleShort term
Zach ReidFootMedium term
Michael HurleyInfectionIndefinite

So Jones, Reid and Hurley miss round 1. "Everyone" else is fit (don't believe that for a second).

PlayerInjuryDuration
Jake StringerGroinTest
Aaron FrancisKneeTest
Harry JonesAnkleShort term
Zach ReidFootMedium term
Michael HurleyInfectionIndefinite

So Jones, Reid and Hurley miss round 1. "Everyone" else is fit (don't believe that for a second).
Walla is indefinite afaik but not an injury and not MH as that would also be on the injury list

Phillips had a groin injury that hasn’t been commented on

McGrath not doing full training this week

Stringer probably underdone even if available

Durham was injured but is now training without any specific comment about that in the injury update

If I had the team lists for the VFL praccies might know more. Few players who didn’t play either pre-season game, haven’t been seen since the intraclub. So might be depth or might be injured.

PlayerInjuryDuration
Nik CoxAnkle Test
Will SnellingCalfTest
Harry JonesAnkleShort term (Seems like 1-2 weeks?)
Zach MerrettAnkleMedium term (Maybe 6 weeks?)
Kyle LangfordHamstringLong term (8+ weeks I reckon)
Michael HurleyHipIndefinite

So we could have up to 40 of our 44 players lace up on the weekend (medi sub included).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back