2022 Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

Stage played out well for Jumbo. 2 in the break was a surprise but for defending this stage profile it worked out very well. The Majka mechanical was at a bad time and Sep Kuss made sure of it. I think the UAE team selection has cost them more here than Covid/illness, McNulty is not up to TDF level and Hirschi and Bjerg have been fairly useless. Barring disaster all Jonas does is defend to Paris and he hasn't looked like cracking yet.
Trentin was a big loss for them. Costa and Oliviera would have been better selections.

I rate Formolo, the pace he can set is higher than pretty much all the climbing domestiques they came here with.
I think Formolo is retiring and wanted to have the Giro as his last GT

McNulty is pulling one out of the hat! Hope it's clean.
Arrested Development Flirt GIF

Huge ride from McNulty. By my rushed calculations he should be in the top 20 now.

Schulz also should be top 25 or so now

I felt that was Pog’s best chance last night. Profile really suited him and had Jonas isolated a long way out. Just didn’t have anything left for an attack.

Heading in to the tour tonight looked the stage most suited to Jonas. I think UAE have to apply as much pressure as possible and just hope Jonas is having a bad day.

I think Bike Exchange missed a trick with Bling not going for any green jersey points at intermediate sprints until the last couple of days. Just by beating the lead out men back in the peloton he could genuinely be second now (I calculated another 71 points), which gets 50 UCI points. As things stand he'd have to put in a good result in all the remaining intermediate sprints and get good finishes in the three other stages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jakobsen would have had nightmares about this stage last night
Especially after crossing the line with about 15 seconds left in the time delay

I reckon if Pog can get 30-40 secs on Hautacam he could reel him in on Saturday.

The Pog crashes, but hasn’t effected him too much. Vingegaard sits up and waits, the two join hands to show the respect. Probably wasn’t worth it for Vingegaard to go all out when he just needs to stay the course.

Love watching the Pog. Always the entertainer. Still in a bit of disbelief that he won’t win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back