2022 Tour de France

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, I'm expecting someone to know this in here, whether it's Over The Post or Vader, who was the last team to win all three of the Yellow, Green and KOM jersey?

Despite the sprint opening up too early Groenewegen did an awesome job finishing second.

Phillipsen is probably the best sprinter in the world right now. Wonder if he goes to La Vuelta.

Lotto have a big problem with Ewan's contract on their hands for another 2 years.
He needs his contract bought out. Not sure by whom but he can't get a settled team around him.

Can't see many takers, a team could get Cav for a year and hope they could do a deal with Quickstep and get Morkov as well, be a lot cheaper.
I can see EF, now that they're clear of relegation, trying to grab him as they really lack a sprinter in their squad and guys like Carthy and Uran really aren't that good in terms of GC in general. Maybe Bahrain, AG2R or Cofidis as other options.

I can't see Quickstep releasing Morkov under contract unless it's ridiculous overs. Honestly I would say that Cav and Morkov would be more expensive than Caleb.

I don't get to watch every stage, or the full stage each night, but from the stages I saw this year that was one of better tours I've seen for sometime, especially the battle between Vingegaard and Pogacar on the Pyrenees, that was essential viewing and kept me up for the whole of each stage, which meant I was less than productive at work the next day, but that's okay. These two battling it out for the next five or six years is going to be exciting.

Garcia-Canellas must be one of the unluckiest riders in TDF history, forced to change bikes three times due to punchers and then drifted in front of her team vehicle. All in one stage. Wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women's world tour races are good examples of what the Men's tour could become if they could tweak the rules so that a team can't dominate/dictate a race. It should be rider v rider not who has the strongest team. Only need to look at the 2022 TDF, Pogacar forced to go on the attack obliterated any notion of team and made the race much more interesting. You either have the legs or you don't....just like most of the Women's world tour races.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back