List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for North they are now in the position of virtually being an interstate club that happens to be based in Melbourne. Unless they choose their players very very wisely they might keep finding out what the go-home factor feels like.

Getting players to put down roots and feel comfortable in a new city is an experience that a lot of Melbourne clubs don’t seem to need to spend much time on (unless the players are indigenous apparently), whereas for other clubs it is just about job number one.

I’m sure managers and Melbourne clubs are in the ear of young players from the day they are drafted painting a rosy picture of life back home. Now poor old North seem to have chosen on talent alone rather than talent + positive attitude + resilience + independence. We got Cam Rayner as the right player for us in that draft, regardless of whether he turns out to be the best from that year.

Did Danny Daly say anything else of note?
He was asked about Gunstan and said that'd take time, but he was 'there' (AFL House) to meet another club.

Collingwoods list guy said McStay should be done today.

No hints as to what club he was meeting but you'd think Dogs for Dunkley or Suns for Berry & Picks?

"Brisbane is just like Adelaide without the frostbite at the beaches."
Hold Up Wait GIF by Martin

[QUOTe
Didn’t JHF refuse an ice bath or something?

Doesnt seem like someone with a team first attitude
[/QUOTE]

I heard was he said no to coach re the ice bath and was benched for a month in the reserves.

A young man sticking to his principles. What's not to love??[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Danny Daly re. Cam Rayner.
“We don’t let good people go. He’ll hopefully be here for the next 10 years.” 😍

Tom Berry and Dan McStay:
HauntingInformalBronco-max-1mb.gif

I think there will be at least a year, if not more, over the course of his career when Horne-Francis is considered the best player in the comp. I think he's an exceptional talent who needs a little bit of time to grow and a good culture to help that to occur.

Hehe and he's gone to Port Adelaide?
why-him-why-him-gi-fs.gif

I didn’t hear Sam Power on trade radio but this is a snippet:
Western Bulldogs GM of List & Management Sam Power (via Trade radio) said the club “will work in good faith” on a Josh Dunkley trade to Brisbane. Power confirmed a future first round selection has been discussed as part of the deal.

Can we trade our 2023 first in a deal and then trade our 2023 third in another?

For example, our 2023 first goes to the Dogs as part of the Dunkley trade, we keep our 2023 2nd, and then trade our 2023 3rd to the GC as part of a points swap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we trade our 2023 first in a deal and then trade our 2023 third in another?

For example, our 2023 first goes to the Dogs as part of the Dunkley trade, we keep our 2023 2nd, and then trade our 2023 3rd to the GC as part of a points swap.

According to the rules, no. You either need to keep a future first round pick, or the suite of future second, third, fourth etc. round picks. It doesn't necessarily need to be your own picks (you can trade out a future first, and a swap of future third round picks), but if you trade out a future first, you can't trade any of your other future picks without bringing in another future first, or a future pick in the round of the pick you traded out.

That being said, AFL does have all sorts of exceptions based on approval so who knows.

Danny Daly re. Cam Rayner.
“We don’t let good people go. He’ll hopefully be here for the next 10 years.” 😍

Lovely for Cam. But ouch. Hope been Keays and others we respect don't hear about that content.

Would prefer if he'd worded that differently. Very disrespectful.

Lovely for Cam. But ouch. Hope been Keays and others we respect don't hear about that content.

Just like “Brisbane Lions life member” Ryan Bastinac :sadv1:

Reading way too much into it.

I asked this elsewhere so apologies if it was answered.

Anyone know rules on de-listing players to clear list spots? Can they be rookies or normal list players? And if we re-draft them do they have to be to the main list?

Obvious candidates would be Cockatoo, Lester, McFadyen, Fullarton on main list.

Madden, Mathieson, Michael on rookie list.

I can't imagine any of them have outside interest so they would be risk free de-listings.

Also set to be 6 players going, so far 4 back in including the 2 draft picks. We might not have any more permanent de-listings given 2 picks after Fletcher would be very late after points deductions, so we'd really be at the dregs of the draft already?

[QUOTe
Didn’t JHF refuse an ice bath or something?

Doesnt seem like someone with a team first attitude

I heard was he said no to coach re the ice bath and was benched for a month in the reserves.

A young man sticking to his principles. What's not to love??[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
They didn't like the impact on club culture that an AFL footballer could say no to ice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back