List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, Dunkley would be a certain upgrade on those two.

Dunkleys big knock is he can’t kick, was speaking to an ex Lions player still involved in the club and he was really happy but said ‘only issue he can’t kick, just like his old man, he was a shocking kick too’ - we already have plenty of good users, his attributes outweigh that knock.

Also.. we haven’t seen what he can do with more mid field responsibility yet either.

dunkley's kicking isnt as bad as the reputation he seems to have for that would suggest. his de% if you take stock in that was 72.4% which is pretty good for an inside mid and he certainly isnt a jy simpkin tier turnover merchant

Dunkleys big knock is he can’t kick, was speaking to an ex Lions player still involved in the club and he was really happy but said ‘only issue he can’t kick, just like his old man, he was a shocking kick too’ - we already have plenty of good users, his attributes outweigh that knock.

Also.. we haven’t seen what he can do with more mid field responsibility yet either.
In my opinion he kicks better than Dev but agree somewhat...his kicking isn't as good as others.

dunkley's kicking isnt as bad as the reputation he seems to have for that would suggest. his de% if you take stock in that was 72.4% which is pretty good for an inside mid and he certainly isnt a jy simpkin tier turnover merchant

He has the lowest metres gained of any player in the top 100 for possessions last year (fwiw my own stat and I did not check every player but I did check 20 or so who I thought might challenge him).

He has the lowest metres gained of any player in the top 100 for possessions last year (fwiw my own stat and I did not check every player but I did check 20 or so who I thought might challenge him).
That stat can be decieving and not really a good one to judge any particular players ability to win the ball and move it forward.

Handballs more than he kicks. 2021 went at about 2:1
He is currently a Bulldogs player with their handball happy game style.
That may change significantly next year when playing for us.

That stat can be decieving and not really a good one to judge any particular players ability to win the ball and move it forward.
I've always been a big proponent of something like assisted metres gained for inside mids (I gather its one of those stats that isnt generally available to the public but is internally). I dont care if its a small gain/loss handball to get the ball in the hands of McCluggage, Rich, Kiddy, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we're doing any dodgy dealings to get band 2 for McStay
The AFL and dodgy:think:.

b7256dfe-cafe-4841-af2c-99637a8aa5e8_text.gif

Lyons will probably never get back to the best 22, good depth and a great role model for the VFL guys. I'm for keeping him as an on field coach for the kids.
Amazing how quickly we forget how good JL was before his groin injury. 20+ Brownlow votes in 2021 and 7 votes in the early rounds this year before his OP.

I’m not sure what his KE is in terms of a percentage, but when players get a knock on them sometimes a perceived weakness gets exacerbated a bit in certain circles.
E.g. a tendency to focus on the missed target once a quarter, instead of the seven hit.
I don’t recall him being a total butcher, but regardless a lot of his work will be done in close you’d think, releasing class users like McCluggage.

I hate stat's used for footy. Anyone with a statistical background would know you can't analyse s**t with it. It offers some insight but gee posters first and last thought on a bloke is from a set of numbers. Laughable.

Who cares if he handballs more than he kicks as a Dog's player. Doesn't mean s**t for us. His footy IQ, clean first touch, and positioning is far more important for us. He's the inside mid we've lacked for a long time.

The stats also don’t show some intangibles, such as professionalism. Dunkley brings that in spades. All I can say is that this bloke is an absolute gun and will significantly change our midfield mix for the better. Will dominate next year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amazing how quickly we forget how good JL was before his groin injury. 20+ Brownlow votes in 2021 and 7 votes in the early rounds this year before his OP.

I'm not forgetting anything, it's actually a great thing for the club to have a guy who was once so crucial to our setup no no longer a walk up start due to increased competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back