List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL.com reporting that we will do a pick swap with the Roos on Draft night:

"A deal involving pick 40 for a future third-round selection from the Lions as well as a later pick in this year's draft to use on Harvey has been worked through, which would give Brisbane important additional points to match bids on father-son pair Will Ashcroft and Jaspa Fletcher.
The Lions would be able to strike a deal as soon as the draft starts on Monday, November 28 to bolster their points ahead of the bids".
So if we're sending back a later pick to North in this draft as well as a future 3rd round pick, it would be this years pick 55, and going by this years ladder, hopefully our own future 3rd round pick, which would currently sit at pick 53. It's pretty much a break even trade on points (currently sits us at -11 points on the deal).

My and my brothers first job was pushing dads lawn mower around the suburb, mowing lawns. We eventually got a contract, and an old ute, to mow lawns for a community social housing organisation. We used to find a fair bit of leafy green that needed trimming.
I'm guessing those particular grass clippings didn't wind up in the compost pile?

So if we're sending back a later pick to North in this draft as well as a future 3rd round pick, it would be this years pick 55, and going by this years ladder, hopefully our own future 3rd round pick, which would currently sit at pick 53. It's pretty much a break even trade on points (currently sits us at -11 points on the deal).
But, plus how many for this year?
That’s all that matters in my mind.

Yes break even for us but benefit to North. The bonus for us is North do not bid on Ashcroft at 2.
Bid at 3 gives us a bonus of 300+ points.

Yes break even for us but benefit to North. The bonus for us is North do not bid on Ashcroft at 2.
Bid at 3 gives us a bonus of 300+ points.
I wonder how the AFL will view that, in light of the new rule they brought in this year, about collusion. It's already been discussed on the draft board. Bid at pick 4.

Using the North (43) - Fremantle (Hawks F4) as a yardstick. Feels like we could possibly get more value by keeping 53 ourselves and moving the future 3 after the initial bid. Maybe some other piece to the equation were currently not seeing.

However if a bid comes in at pick 2, the north pick will remain whole and move into 37 after matching. I can see the appeal in having that higher pick, as we can downgrade that pick for significant points advantage in this draft and recover more points than the initial breakeven trade.
Sounds like we’re being proactive anyways

Last edited:
For those who say McKenna is an immediate replacement for Wilmot I’m not sure are really grasping how good Wilmot is. Kid came into finals for a club under the pump and played beautifully. His trajectory is huge

McKenna would be a Rich replacement. Not Wilmot in my view.

McKenna would be a Rich replacement. Not Wilmot in my view.
I think McKenna will squeeze Answerth out of the team next season, if form and fitness warrant. I think we all see Coleman as a lock and Wilmot given more opportunity to cement his spot, rightly so. Answerth becomes next up should injury or poor form strike any of those 3. I think 2023 will be Rich's last season, retirement a real possibility. That's when McKenna replaces Rich full time.

I do think we're counting our chickens before they hatch. It's all supposition at the moment. Reading all the articles about Mckenna's decision, I think it may come down to where his missus wants to be. Hoping the warmer weather and the Qld lifestyle appeals.

Nope.

I like Wilmot's potential too but he's got a very long way to go. Anyway, McKenna replaces Answerth.
He’s got a long way to go to reach his potential because it’s huge, he doesn’t have that far to go to become a very good half back in a top 4 team, he showed that during finals. Answerth played on the wing for our final and as such I think Ashcroft will replace him.
I’m not against getting McKenna but for me he’d be starting on the outside of our best 22 and would have a bit to prove to show he can surpass or even reach the level he hit at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the price of a pretty standard house there went beyond $1m, the train station got redone, new shops went in and it's all about 10km from the city.

would think that qualifies as inner west?

Plenty of houses under 1 mill in Oxley?

He’s got a long way to go to reach his potential because it’s huge, he doesn’t have that far to go to become a very good half back in a top 4 team, he showed that during finals. Answerth played on the wing for our final and as such I think Ashcroft will replace him.
I’m not against getting McKenna but for me he’d be starting on the outside of our best 22 and would have a bit to prove to show he can surpass or even reach the level he hit at Essendon.

Its all an if re McKenna, but if he can get back to his 2019 level at Essendon he's clearly and easily a best 22 player.

I rate Darcy a lot too, but realistically he's a few years off being the sort of player who can average nearly 20 touches and break the lines the way McKenna at his best can. He had some nice finals, made some errors as you'd expect a young player to, but ultimately wasn't super influential. He's got several more years to develop into that of course.

they all reside there due to the proximity to where they train.

They have had plenty of notice where the main facility is going to be, so I wouldn't be surprised to find many players relocating to or new players living in the leafy inner west in places like Chelmer, Oxley, Corinda, Sinnamon Park, Jindalee, West Lake etc
Likely a number of the well paid and regular first grade players have purchased homes in that inner city region because arguably some of them are nice suburbs to reside, and of course the proximity to training, so not sure how many will relocate. I have no doubt the new facilities will be a vast improvement and will be utilized, I just have a suspicion that the travelling after a while might wear thin and some of the running seasons might still be held at Yeronga or Coorparoo, but no doubt most of the sessions will be at the new digs.

Likely a number of the well paid and regular first grade players have purchased homes in that inner city region because arguably some of them are nice suburbs to reside, and of course the proximity to training, so not sure how many will relocate. I have no doubt the new facilities will be a vast improvement and will be utilized, I just have a suspicion that the travelling after a while might wear thin and some of the running seasons might still be held at Yeronga or Coorparoo, but no doubt most of the sessions will be at the new digs.
The blokes don’t minded driving out that way to play golf on their off days.

When the price of a pretty standard house there went beyond $1m, the train station got redone, new shops went in and it's all about 10km from the city.

Tangent rant.

Don’t even get me started on house prices. Where I live, a nice little 3 bedroom villa cost $650k pre-covid. Went to over $1m before the housing sales stalled.

Very ordinary 4 bedroom homes that need to be renovated went from $750k to $1.2m-$1.3m.

Also I’m going to be pedantic. Two main routes from city hall to Oxley train station are; 14km in 28 minutes, or 17km in 24 minutes, sans peak hour traffic.

Particularly after recent flooding.
After a quick google search maybe this one.
I think we know where the water reached to on the 1st floor

Now we have a lot more unfortunate people affected in NSW and other arears

Blank Canvas- Ready to Renovate in Family Friendly Oxley​

36 COLWEL STREET, OXLEY
Unfortunately affected by the 2022 floods, this highset home has plenty of potential.
Offers over $490,000

image.jpg

image.jpg

After a quick google search maybe this one.
I think we know where the water reached to on the 1st floor

Now we have a lot more unfortunate people affected in NSW and other arears

Blank Canvas- Ready to Renovate in Family Friendly Oxley​

36 COLWEL STREET, OXLEY
Unfortunately affected by the 2022 floods, this highset home has plenty of potential.
Offers over $490,000

image.jpg

image.jpg
Ouch 🤕

Also I’m going to be pedantic. Two main routes from city hall to Oxley train station are; 14km in 28 minutes, or 17km in 24 minutes, sans peak hour traffic.

I'm shocked.

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back