Remove this Banner Ad

lionshine

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Where is Lyons going pretty sure he’s contracted
He's not going anywhere per se, however, unless his form picks back up I'd be surprised if he is best 22 quality next year. He's barely best 22 quality this year, looks like age has caught up to him quickly. He has lost a bit of pace and considering he was already slow by AFL standard he simply couldn't afford too.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you look back at all my posts on this shitty subject directed towards Lachie, I have always said that they are happy here and not going anywhere. 90% of all this was created by gutter journalism and pessimistic supporters.

Easy there Mr cranky pants, was just a light hearted post. Sheesh. I'm more than aware you have always stated that the Neale's were happy in Qld, never doubted you, nor have I ever posted anything nasty about Lachie & Jules.

So why don't you stop shouting me down.

Edit: This post isn't overly serious either btw. Especially the last line. Feels like I have to keep saying that more than I should around here.

Last edited:

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Easy there Mr cranky pants, was just a light hearted post. Sheesh. I'm more than aware you have always stated that the Neale's were happy in Qld, never doubted you, nor have I ever posted anything nasty about Lachie & Jules.

So why don't you stop shouting me down.
As far as I was aware most of us were desperate to keep Lachie . And generally disbelieved what was being put up in the press.

Just hopeful and waiting to see what happened.

Didn't see huge negativity here. Although some always get emotional and carried away.

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As far as I was aware most of us were desperate to keep Lachie . And generally disbelieved what was being put up in the press.

Just hopeful and waiting to see what happened.

Didn't see huge negativity here. Although some always get emotional and carried away.
I also don't see it as gutter journalism to say he was weighing up his options. Which he was.

cmt26

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would suggest that giving Lachie an extra couple of years may be part of a bigger move to allow us to smooth his contract and create more money for McStay.

Considering that they have pulled the Neale deal off, I wouldn't be surprised if McStay re-signs in the next six weeks.

Hollow Knight

Imperfect vessel
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I would suggest that giving Lachie an extra couple of years may be part of a bigger move to allow us to smooth his contract and create more money for McStay.

Considering that they have pulled the Neale deal off, I wouldn't be surprised if McStay re-signs in the next six weeks.

Or McStay’s inevitable exit freed up cap space to get Lachie over the line, possibly by giving us the opportunity to recruit more midfield help for him.

martinson

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Or McStay’s inevitable exit freed up cap space to get Lachie over the line, possibly by giving us the opportunity to recruit more midfield help for him.
Lachie will get the Captaincy.

And the promise of more support . Perhaps we're confident re Ashcroft ?

Or maybe Lachie just loves the club and is very happy here.

Or all of the above. Hopefully.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do we try and lure Brandan Parfitt to the club? We need a strong bodied, contested ball winning mid to replace Lyons and support Neale.

Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cubs2Lions

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide
This didn’t age well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Homer Bush Omg GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Have you watched much of Jaspa Fletcher briz, wondering if you think he would be an upgrade on those wings you mentioned... then there is always Harry Sharp if he develops well. Do you know much about the academy boy S.Brain, I can't find much about him online.
I haven’t watched a lot of Fletcher. I know he played more inside as a junior, and he moved outside when he stepped up to senior QAFL level.

The only question I have is his overhead marking, because I haven’t seen a lot of him.

He’s a good kick, will put his body on the line, has a high footy IQ (thanks dad) l, he’s fast, but not express speed fast.

I’m not sold on Sharp yet. Has a lot to work on football wise.

I don’t know anything about Brain. He looks like a unit though.

It’s so hard to find out anything to do with the academy kids.

scoman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do we try and lure Brandan Parfitt to the club? We need a strong bodied, contested ball winning mid to replace Lyons and support Neale.
So far we have mentioned Hopper, Dunkley and Parfitt as support for Neale.

I think Dunkley would be too expensive trade and contract wise though.

There has been plenty of chat about Hopper over the years in our boards, but when he was up for contract last time, we thought we had a better version developing in JBerry. Dlanod thinks he is a good runner.

I remember being keen on Parfitt after the 2020 finals loss to Geelong. I wonder what his running is like?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad