List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons doesn’t run both ways. Brayshaw does. Oh and Lyons still plays midfield. Not sure what games you’ve been watching.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’s not as permanent as he was is what I meant our starting players with more pace would be more helpful looking at most games this year Brayshaw just makes our midfield slower

1. All players don't think anything. Some are extremely loyal. Some are not. Some are motivated by money. Some are motivated by success. Some are pragmatic and some are emotional. Can't tar them all with "take a paycut or loyalty is dead"

2. Players are loyal just as much as clubs are loyal. If clubs and fans deserve loyalty, then so do players. So if at the end of Dan's first two years, he had shown zero signs, and zero likelihood of being AFL grade, should we have shown loyalty to him and kept giving him contracts? Til when? Age 30? 40? 50? You can't delist him when he stops performing... whereXs your loyalty?

Journalist Browne today was adamant on the TV McStay will be a Magpie next season.
Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Tarryn Thomas seems completely and utterly checked out from North. Not flash engaging with supporters on instagram twenty minutes after your teams thumped and you've only had 3 touches but he could really inject some pace and x-factor into our midfield. Would love to get for the right price.

I know they have both been injured, but both Taranto and Hopper seem superfluous to needs at GWS. Which one would suit us better? Or, if Neale leaves would having a crack at both be an option.
Hopper is a bigger version of Lyons that's a better runner at the moment.

Taranto is a liability with his disposal.

I suspect that'll tell you what camp I'm in.

McStay has our offer and if he's not signing it the very strong probability is he's going.

Players have different sensibilities and emotional trigger points and whilst I agree the majority wouldn't care some would. Someone could also be pleased because it opens up opportunity.

It's not a positive for for us overall in our prep for the finals but a reality in professional sports these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarryn Thomas seems completely and utterly checked out from North. Not flash engaging with supporters on instagram twenty minutes after your teams thumped and you've only had 3 touches but he could really inject some pace and x-factor into our midfield. Would love to get for the right price.

Would be good for our needs, but North would want a lot for him. They’d either want a player or two/multiple picks.

Could be easier to lure him up here since he is a Tazzie boy, but he signed for two years at the start of this year. Won’t be out of contract until the end of 2024.

Would be good for our needs, but North would want a lot for him. They’d either want a player or two/multiple picks.

Could be easier to lure him up here since he is a Tazzie boy, but he signed for two years at the start of this year. Won’t be out of contract until the end of 2024.
Although he really looks like he wants out. Not sure it Noble the problem there.
Seems a few who look over it.. smells like the end of Voss when some players wanted him gone.
So prob depends what they do with Noble.

Honestly even in our dark days we had young players you see improve week in and week out.
Watched a few roos games and Goldstein, Walker etc older guys still playing ok..
Young kids apart from Davies-Uniacke most seem to be regressing.
Although Davies-Uniacke not a big disposal type.
Guys like Thomas etc gone way back

Although he really looks like he wants out. Not sure it Noble the problem there.
Seems a few who look over it.. smells like the end of Voss when some players wanted him gone.
So prob depends what they do with Noble.

Honestly even in our dark days we had young players you see improve week in and week out.
Watched a few roos games and Goldstein, Walker etc older guys still playing ok..
Young kids apart from Davies-Uniacke most seem to be regressing.
Although Davies-Uniacke not a big disposal type.
Guys like Thomas etc gone way back
There’s been a pretty strong rumour that quite a few of the young players, led by Stephenson and Thomas, that want Noble gone, and there’s a split in the playing group.

I believe our biggest problem this year has been our midfield especially in centre clearances I don’t know why this has happened but I hope it is fixed before the finals. It seems that Lyons for whatever reason has gone backwards after nearly being an All Australian last year he is only a shadow of the player he was. The other problem is that now McLuggage is no longer playing the wing permanently we don’t have an A grade wingman that can deliver the ball. Brayshaw and Dunkley who to me are both inside midfielders are now playing as mainly wingmen for their respective sides. Both are highly regarded and Dunkley at one stage was a Vice Captain. Both of these players would slot into our side seamlessly. I reckon BrayShaw would surely want to play with his brother at Fremantle and Dunkley who is now on the periphery of the Bulldogs team would surely want to have a chance of playing in a finals side at the end of his career. To me McStay who has now become a consistent player is replaceable but will be missed. Obviously he is highly thought of as he has been offered a 5 year contract and the problem that I have with him going is that if he leaves we get nothing for him.

To me McStay who has now become a consistent player is replaceable but will be missed. Obviously he is highly thought of as he has been offered a 5 year contract and the problem that I have with him going is that if he leaves we get nothing for him.
Not true, we will get FA compensation.

I was reading on one of the Lions FB pages that someone commented that one of the big attractions for Dan going to Melbourne, even tho he has a Brisbane girlfriend is that Collingwood will be getting Dan's GF a very cushy job for a prominent company she could only dream of through there vast connections.

Pretty unfair really but it then begs the question what our club does for partners of players if it is some kind of competitive advantage. Cant say I like hearing anyone getting opportunity b/c of who they are, who there family or partner is but someone was saying on FB that a lot of the big Victorian teams often do this when luring players from iterstate teams to Melbourne by getting amazing jobs for the players partners. Surely QLD has jobs or industries that it could have some leverage with.

I was reading on one of the Lions FB pages that someone commented that one of the big attractions for Dan going to Melbourne, even tho he has a Brisbane girlfriend is that Collingwood will be getting Dan's GF a very cushy job for a prominent company she could only dream of through there vast connections.

Pretty unfair really but it then begs the question what our club does for partners of players if it is some kind of competitive advantage. Cant say I like hearing anyone getting opportunity b/c of who they are, who there family or partner is but someone was saying on FB that a lot of the big Victorian teams often do this when luring players from iterstate teams to Melbourne by getting amazing jobs for the players partners. Surely QLD has jobs or industries that it could have some leverage with.
Pretty sure I heard/read the eldest Berry brother works for one of the club’s sponsors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back