List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Lyons going pretty sure he’s contracted
He's not going anywhere per se, however, unless his form picks back up I'd be surprised if he is best 22 quality next year. He's barely best 22 quality this year, looks like age has caught up to him quickly. He has lost a bit of pace and considering he was already slow by AFL standard he simply couldn't afford too.

If you look back at all my posts on this shitty subject directed towards Lachie, I have always said that they are happy here and not going anywhere. 90% of all this was created by gutter journalism and pessimistic supporters.

Easy there Mr cranky pants, was just a light hearted post. Sheesh. I'm more than aware you have always stated that the Neale's were happy in Qld, never doubted you, nor have I ever posted anything nasty about Lachie & Jules.

So why don't you stop shouting me down.

Edit: This post isn't overly serious either btw. Especially the last line. Feels like I have to keep saying that more than I should around here.

Last edited:
Easy there Mr cranky pants, was just a light hearted post. Sheesh. I'm more than aware you have always stated that the Neale's were happy in Qld, never doubted you, nor have I ever posted anything nasty about Lachie & Jules.

So why don't you stop shouting me down.
As far as I was aware most of us were desperate to keep Lachie . And generally disbelieved what was being put up in the press.

Just hopeful and waiting to see what happened.

Didn't see huge negativity here. Although some always get emotional and carried away.

As far as I was aware most of us were desperate to keep Lachie . And generally disbelieved what was being put up in the press.

Just hopeful and waiting to see what happened.

Didn't see huge negativity here. Although some always get emotional and carried away.
I also don't see it as gutter journalism to say he was weighing up his options. Which he was.

I would suggest that giving Lachie an extra couple of years may be part of a bigger move to allow us to smooth his contract and create more money for McStay.

Considering that they have pulled the Neale deal off, I wouldn't be surprised if McStay re-signs in the next six weeks.

I would suggest that giving Lachie an extra couple of years may be part of a bigger move to allow us to smooth his contract and create more money for McStay.

Considering that they have pulled the Neale deal off, I wouldn't be surprised if McStay re-signs in the next six weeks.

Or McStay’s inevitable exit freed up cap space to get Lachie over the line, possibly by giving us the opportunity to recruit more midfield help for him.

Or McStay’s inevitable exit freed up cap space to get Lachie over the line, possibly by giving us the opportunity to recruit more midfield help for him.
Lachie will get the Captaincy.

And the promise of more support . Perhaps we're confident re Ashcroft ?

Or maybe Lachie just loves the club and is very happy here.

Or all of the above. Hopefully.

Do we try and lure Brandan Parfitt to the club? We need a strong bodied, contested ball winning mid to replace Lyons and support Neale.

Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This didn’t age well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Homer Bush Omg GIF

Have you watched much of Jaspa Fletcher briz, wondering if you think he would be an upgrade on those wings you mentioned... then there is always Harry Sharp if he develops well. Do you know much about the academy boy S.Brain, I can't find much about him online.
I haven’t watched a lot of Fletcher. I know he played more inside as a junior, and he moved outside when he stepped up to senior QAFL level.

The only question I have is his overhead marking, because I haven’t seen a lot of him.

He’s a good kick, will put his body on the line, has a high footy IQ (thanks dad) l, he’s fast, but not express speed fast.

I’m not sold on Sharp yet. Has a lot to work on football wise.

I don’t know anything about Brain. He looks like a unit though.

It’s so hard to find out anything to do with the academy kids.

Do we try and lure Brandan Parfitt to the club? We need a strong bodied, contested ball winning mid to replace Lyons and support Neale.
So far we have mentioned Hopper, Dunkley and Parfitt as support for Neale.

I think Dunkley would be too expensive trade and contract wise though.

There has been plenty of chat about Hopper over the years in our boards, but when he was up for contract last time, we thought we had a better version developing in JBerry. Dlanod thinks he is a good runner.

I remember being keen on Parfitt after the 2020 finals loss to Geelong. I wonder what his running is like?

Last edited:
I also don't see it as gutter journalism to say he was weighing up his options. Which he was.
Incorrect.

Initially they had no thoughts of moving back to Perth. But when the press released fake news about them wanting to leave, they had a minimum of 6 media people camped outside their house and following them everywhere they went. Jules was very pregnant and the team had just exited the premiership race. This was the prompter for them to consider to move back....nothing else.
It was gutter journalism 100%.......and it happens often with no consequences to the people who make these stories up.

Nothing new really but starting to sound like a fait accompli; Hopefully we can use the money saved to better round out the list on the midfield! Lot of money though, to pay for someone who they are hoping just 'brings the ball to ground'.

AFL trade news: Collingwood’s pitch for Dan McStay could cancel pick for Jordan De Goey

Collingwood’s hard-line decision to postpone talks with Jordan De Goey could result in the club losing him without compensation, as rivals grow certain the Pies have secured Lions free agent Dan McStay.

De Goey returned to Collingwood training on Tuesday, after spending time away from the club in various states of confusion, anger and contrition in the past week.

Those close to him believed he was simply exhausted from the intense scrutiny after his Bali escapades, but he will now attempt to put together a barn-storming finish to the season.

Ideally, he will re-sign with the club, but if he took up a rival offer as a departing free agent, the Pies would normally accept a first-round compensation pick that would currently be pick 14, based on their ladder position.

Free agency compensation works on net gains and the Pies’ likely free agency acquisition of McStay would effectively cancel out De Goey’s compensation pick.

The Lions have grown pessimistic about their chances of keeping McStay, offered five seasons at $600,000 by the Pies as a second key forward, while Brisbane offered him four years at $500,000.

They have since offered a fifth season, but Melbourne rivals keen to pitch to McStay have been told not to bother, given his club has already been chosen. It is now accepted that it would take a change of mind for McStay to return to the Lions.

Like Port Adelaide’s Karl Amon, he will simply try his best for his existing club before making a move back to a Victorian rival as a free agent.

McStay is an unrestricted free agent, so the Lions cannot match a deal for a player whose greatest goal-haul in a season is 28.10 last year.

But as the Pies develop an exciting band of small forwards including Ollie Henry, Jack Ginnivan, Beau McCreery and Jamie Elliott, he and Brody Mihocek would provide a valuable role bringing the ball to ground.

Collingwood’s initial offer for De Goey of about $1.6m over two seasons has now been retracted.

Incorrect.

Initially they had no thoughts of moving back to Perth. But when the press released fake news about them wanting to leave, they had a minimum of 6 media people camped outside their house and following them everywhere they went. Jules was very pregnant and the team had just exited the premiership race. This was the prompter for them to consider to move back....nothing else.
It was gutter journalism 100%.......and it happens often with no consequences to the people who make these stories up.
ML he's said himself they were considering a move back to Perth. He's never denied that story. The Club have moved her parents here for extended periods to shore the family situation up . He said quite clearly the covid circumstances were difficult for them and the attention brought forward a decision he had to make and reduced the time he took to take it. Most of the press simply reported that he was considering his situation.

Of course there are journalists always looking for a story. This is your life if you are in the public eye.

It's all immaterial now. And ended well for us. Journalists have a job to do and when it's being reported that he could potentially leave the others investigate. The very large majority weren't following anyone around. He remained calm and dignified throughout whatever the process was and credit to him.

Nothing new really but starting to sound like a fait accompli; Hopefully we can use the money saved to better round out the list on the midfield! Lot of money though, to pay for someone who they are hoping just 'brings the ball to ground'.

AFL trade news: Collingwood’s pitch for Dan McStay could cancel pick for Jordan De Goey​

Collingwood’s hard-line decision to postpone talks with Jordan De Goey could result in the club losing him without compensation, as rivals grow certain the Pies have secured Lions free agent Dan McStay.

De Goey returned to Collingwood training on Tuesday, after spending time away from the club in various states of confusion, anger and contrition in the past week.

Those close to him believed he was simply exhausted from the intense scrutiny after his Bali escapades, but he will now attempt to put together a barn-storming finish to the season.

Ideally, he will re-sign with the club, but if he took up a rival offer as a departing free agent, the Pies would normally accept a first-round compensation pick that would currently be pick 14, based on their ladder position.

Free agency compensation works on net gains and the Pies’ likely free agency acquisition of McStay would effectively cancel out De Goey’s compensation pick.

The Lions have grown pessimistic about their chances of keeping McStay, offered five seasons at $600,000 by the Pies as a second key forward, while Brisbane offered him four years at $500,000.

They have since offered a fifth season, but Melbourne rivals keen to pitch to McStay have been told not to bother, given his club has already been chosen. It is now accepted that it would take a change of mind for McStay to return to the Lions.

Like Port Adelaide’s Karl Amon, he will simply try his best for his existing club before making a move back to a Victorian rival as a free agent.

McStay is an unrestricted free agent, so the Lions cannot match a deal for a player whose greatest goal-haul in a season is 28.10 last year.

But as the Pies develop an exciting band of small forwards including Ollie Henry, Jack Ginnivan, Beau McCreery and Jamie Elliott, he and Brody Mihocek would provide a valuable role bringing the ball to ground.

Collingwood’s initial offer for De Goey of about $1.6m over two seasons has now been retracted.
It seems it's accepted now that McStay is going to Collingwood. If true it puts more pressure on him in these remaining games. Also seems difficult for the Pies to fit DeGoey in as well on anything like 800k.

I can see why we'd give Neale till end '26 . A lot can go wrong in any extended contract but 6 years for McStay is a risk I wouldn't be taking. Hard to see them being seriously in contention with Mihocek and McStay as your key forwards . Perhaps Fly has something else up his sleeve.

It seems it's accepted now that McStay is going to Collingwood. If true it puts more pressure on him in these remaining games. Also seems difficult for the Pies to fit DeGoey in as well on anything like 800k.
Wonder if that was why we also spoke to Fogarty when we played in Adelaide as well, if the club already had a feeling beforehand that McStay was most likely going to ask for a trade at the end of the year.

Wonder if that was why we also spoke to Fogarty when we played in Adelaide as well, if the club already had a feeling beforehand that McStay was most likely going to ask for a trade at the end of the year.
Hard to see Fogarty coming cheap. If he keeps performing at his current level, we’re probably looking at $450k per.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back