List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And injured for the whole year too I assume? lol.
How closely have you watched his form in the twos? He hasn’t smashed the door down in there like Matho did. He is becoming a very solid player but who do you kick out of the midfield so he can get a run?

Fair play, I don’t get the Tom Berry love around here, but would be bitterly disappointed if Dev left…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Berry Jr has showed more at VFL level this year and is usually the Substitute when given he’s shot at Senior level.

He’s spot is taken up by Cameron and Linc which makes it hard for him to get a permanent place in our team.

Out of the 2 Berry I believe will be the better player long term for the Lions

Fletcher will go as an academy pick instead of F/S so the academy can count him in their numbers.

Blake Coleman has an offer in front of him from Collingwood.

Lions also like a couple of their top up players and could rookie a Triffet or a Greene.

Lester and Robinson won't be on an AFL list in 2023.

Fletcher will go as an academy pick instead of F/S so the academy can count him in their numbers.

Blake Coleman has an offer in front of him from Collingwood.

Lions also like a couple of their top up players and could rookie a Triffet or a Greene.

Lester and Robinson won't be on an AFL list in 2023.
If Gardiner leaves I think Lester should get another year, even if downgraded to Rookie list

So we’re probably draft Fletcher as a Father/Son I think we’ve only had Browny as F&S right?
The rules are identical except academy players, if passed on in ND, can be prelisted as a Cat B rookie whereas F/S can only be a Cat A.

All things being equal, we'd probably nominate Fletcher as a academy selection as a result - the chances of that happening is next to zero, but there's no reason not to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have A Nice Day Thank You GIF by joeburger

no use having the best forward line if we can get smashed in the mid

Ashcroft and Fletcher will hopefully help.
Although another quality Mid will help helps
Add Lyons form dropping and Zorko as well when he not injured.
I honestly don’t think our midfield is our biggest concern especially if we lose Gardiner

no use having the best forward line if we can get smashed in the mid

Ashcroft and Fletcher will hopefully help.
Although another quality Mid will help helps
Add Lyons form dropping and Zorko as well when he not injured.
Spot on.

It will be good to have Ashcroft and Fletcher on board, but mindful that more often than not, it takes a little while to start making an impact at senior level.

Given our window is now, a mature-bodied mid like Dunkley (or ideally a fit Hopper) would improve our side significantly.

Dev looked to have the tools but has stagnated in his development this year due to (most likely) lack of opportunity. Eli Smith not AFL standard, whilst both Berry's are not the answer which means we need to find a way to improve our midfield through trade or FA.

I honestly don’t think our midfield is our biggest concern especially if we lose Gardiner
Dizzy or Adams both been missing this year and Payne covered. I hope if body ok he goes around again

Although I think we play more a zoned defense more then one on one.
So if they get it out quick from the centre or half back we get opened up
We do not have the mids running hard enough to plug holes if they do not get the ball themselves.
The whole team defense as well where our forwards can leak as well. Which does not help :(

I don't think he does for the same reason Daicos didn't this year. I recall discussing this on here a few weeks back with a coupe of people and I think North or WCE will want the person they select with no1 to feel like he was the person they wanted and the perks that go with as opposed to feeling like the consolation prize. As I flagged, North in particular may pick Will on the basis that theyve seen the pressure their own no1 has endured this year.

I wonder if that’s something North/WCE would talk to their choice draftee about? Like straight up ask them if they think the bonus is worth the media attention, and if they don’t care too much will select Ashcroft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back