List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Oct 8, 2018
Hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Tassie Devils, Tasmania JackJumpers
Morning lads,

Just wondering what the latest is with how you're aiming to get the Ashcroft points (~3000) and Fletcher points (~1000)?

Dunkley makes it tougher still.

Have any early trades been lined up?
First off, we're not going to need that many points as there's a discount for F/S and academy prospects and we can go in to a points deficit if needed.

TBerry is seeking a trade to the Suns and the Eagles have shown interest in Dev Robertson.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Morning lads,

Just wondering what the latest is with how you're aiming to get the Ashcroft points (~3000) and Fletcher points (~1000)?

To answer your question. Trade our future first for a **** tone of late second round picks this year.

Carry a ~700 point deficit in to next year.

Morning lads ,

Just as an aside, it’s an bold assumption to make that everyone on this board is male.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has Bowes ever shown much ability to play midfield well at AFL level? I'm skeptical on the idea of bringing him in if he isn't any better than Dev. The draft pick is nice and all, but it isn't impossible to bring in all our targets otherwise, and I'd rather not lose Dev unless we're upgrading.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Yer I am a bit meh on recruiting Bowes, if it came down to a choice I would plump for Dev over Bowes.

If we bring in Ashcroft, Fletcher, Dunkley and Gunston that would be a superb off season haul. A bonus would be a key position forward or back late in the draft if a likely one fell that far.

Yer I am a bit meh on recruiting Bowes, if it came down to a choice I would plump for Dev over Bowes.

If we bring in Ashcroft, Fletcher, Dunkley and Gunston that would be a superb off season haul. A bonus would be a key position forward or back late in the draft if a likely one fell that far.
Don’t think we need a spare key-forward for now given Fullarton, Smith and Lane are waiting in the wings and we can always play smaller (if needed), but we really need to pick up a spare key-back in the rookie draft though ASAP (Greene or Arnold), especially given the fact that we don’t know much lately on what the future of Adams looks like given his long-term concussion worries.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I had wondered if Bowes could be an option when we were throwing names around like Hopper, Taranto, Gus, Dunkley and the like. Thought he might have been a fallback option worth exploring. I'm a bit meh on it all now as I honestly think Dev could be a similar level player (to Bowes) given a good run at it. Dont really mind which way it goes, although it has gone quiet on Bowes to Brisbane now.

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
I had wondered if Bowes could be an option when we were throwing names around like Hopper, Taranto, Gus, Dunkley and the like. Thought he might have been a fallback option worth exploring. I'm a bit meh on it all now as I honestly think Dev could be a similar level player (to Bowes) given a good run at it. Dont really mind which way it goes, although it has gone quiet on Bowes to Brisbane now.
I am a bit neither here nor there on bringing Bowes in as well but think he's getting a bit underrated at the same time, he has had some really dominant games over the past couple seasons but has struggled with injury. When compared to Dev I think he has the edge in a lot of area's, he's not much older than Dev and has shown he can be a best on ground in any given game. He's got great versatility because of his size and ball use, he's more composed with ball in hand and once fully fit I think he moves well enough to play an outside game as well. If we do bring him in and he has a good pre-season he'd be a great option on the wing imo, would be our second best winger outside of Berry (counting Hugh as a pure mid now).

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The other player that is apparently still a possibility (according to Trade Radio:think:) of coming to us is Connor McKenna, if we could be sure he would come back in the same form he was in when he left he would be a good pick up... after 2 years out of the game will he be be as good as he was though.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am a bit neither here nor there on bringing Bowes in as well but think he's getting a bit underrated at the same time, he has had some really dominant games over the past couple seasons but has struggled with injury. When compared to Dev I think he has the edge in a lot of area's, he's not much older than Dev and has shown he can be a best on ground in any given game. He's got great versatility because of his size and ball use, he's more composed with ball in hand and once fully fit I think he moves well enough to play an outside game as well. If we do bring him in and he has a good pre-season he'd be a great option on the wing imo, would be our second best winger outside of Berry (counting Hugh as a pure mid now).
Yeah he is a good player, more proven and definitely a better kick than Dev. I think Dev can be a more physical player and possibly better at the coal face with his hands, competitiveness and physical strength.

mattsmob

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Yeah he is a good player, more proven and definitely a better kick than Dev. I think Dev can be a more physical player and possibly better at the coal face with his hands, competitiveness and physical strength.
Potentially but I don't think it's a one or the other, Bowes would be taking a different role to Dev. Bowes has a fair bit of size on Dev, also a bit cleaner at this stage imo. At stages a couple years ago he was playing as a third tall on guys like Oscar Allen, if he has the tank he'd be an asset pushing in the D50 from the wing.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Potentially but I don't think it's a one or the other, Bowes would be taking a different role to Dev. Bowes has a fair bit of size on Dev, also a bit cleaner at this stage imo. At stages a couple years ago he was playing as a third tall on guys like Oscar Allen, if he has the tank he'd be an asset pushing in the D50 from the wing.
I do think it just becomes one too many midfielders for Dev to compete with tbh. They are both versatile players, so its possible they can both be squeezed in if Bowes arrives and Dev stays. In regard to size, I would think they would be pretty comparable after another off season. Dev looks the body type who could end up playing at 90 - 92kg's in a couple more years.

The other player that is apparently still a possibility (according to Trade Radio:think:) of coming to us is Connor McKenna, if we could be sure he would come back in the same form he was in when he left he would be a good pick up... after 2 years out of the game will he be be as good as he was though.

If we pull McKenna off then I wouldn't waste time on Bowes - who cares about next year's draft if we can bring in Dunkley, Ashcroft, Gunston, McKenna and Fletcher.

I identify as a non-binary furry.
Episode 4 No GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Back