List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When youre single handedly responsible for turning so many careers its hard to keep track of which specific year it was for each player, they all tend to blur into each other, bailing players up in the parking lot after training in 2020 feels very much like how it did in 2014 im sure.
I have never bailed a player up in a parking lot. But i did ask one player back in the 2000's, to step outside.
That week, he was BOG.

And went on to a higher level for his career. And became one of our leaders on/off field a couple of seasons later.

Some have the balls, and some don't. Some just play tiddle-dee-winks on the keyboard, but understand little.

Mutliple news sources 24-48 hours ago. Do you not read the newspaper, danster? Do you really just rely on everything YOU have made up?

No need to read the news when you create the news, noob

Considering starting a twitter account called Big Footy fact checker where I message players and people and ask them stuff like:

"@maxgawn bloke who supports the dees on Big Footy reckons he had a word to you and turned you career around, any truth to it?"

"@myheartbeatstrue well done on getting the Jackson withdrawal right last night, but did you steal this info off Danster days before the injury happened?"
You've got the wrong player.

Try Jamar, Green, Bevo, and one I fear it may have backfired. JFidge.

In latter years, I have done my stuff on footy forums.

No one thing makes or breaks a player, but when a player thinks their fine; when in actual fact they have major weaknesses, they often need a wakeup call.
Sometimes to save their career, sometimes to shake them up to start to grow again.

No one thing makes or breaks a player, but when a player thinks their fine; when in actual fact they have major weaknesses, they often need a wakeup call.
Sometimes to save their career, sometimes to shake them up to start to grow again.
Any that didn't work out?

Any chance you could have a word to Dogga Jackson about his contract? I sense he needs some sage advice.

I have never bailed a player up in a parking lot. But i did ask one player back in the 2000's, to step outside.
That week, he was BOG.

And went on to a higher level for his career. And became one of our leaders on/off field a couple of seasons later.

Some have the balls, and some don't. Some just play tiddle-dee-winks on the keyboard, but understand little.
Jesus Christ

Any tall forwards in the draft this year? I know it doesn’t help us in the short term but another young forward to pair with Van Rooyen going forward might be worth a look if Jackson leaves.

Any tall forwards in the draft this year? I know it doesn’t help us in the short term but another young forward to pair with Van Rooyen going forward might be worth a look if Jackson leaves.
Tom Scully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re definitely going to have to target probably 2 ruck talls if Jacko goes. Meek would probably be handy as extra shrapnel on a Jacko trade for one, and we draft the other.

honestly if we walk away from a Jackson trade somehow ending up with Tom Scully and big Meek i will so happy

Guys, apparently Tom Scully has completely gone to water and is 50/50 to even get picked in the SA team. Might go top 30 still but apparently he's 2nd rounder at best. LETS ******* GO IT MIGHT HAPPEN

We’re definitely going to have to target probably 2 ruck talls if Jacko goes. Meek would probably be handy as extra shrapnel on a Jacko trade for one, and we draft the other.
Meek would be nice. But even if we don’t lose Dogga I think it’s probably time to draft a ruck prospect, or get one sideways like the Preuss deal. My preference would be to talk Weid into becoming taller and stronger and really good at ruck craft, but if that fails I suspect this might be an area our recruiters might be working on.

Last edited:
Guys, apparently Tom Scully has completely gone to water and is 50/50 to even get picked in the SA team. Might go top 30 still but apparently he's 2nd rounder at best. LETS ******* GO IT MIGHT HAPPEN
Feels a bit Port Adelaide to go this way, but lets do it anyway.

What is Lyndon Dunn doing? I fancy a full on reunion trade period

Recovering from having his jaw broken in the ammos. King hit while celebrating a goal I think… I cant copy and paste links on my phone but easy to find sorry.
Injured eh? We can get him cheap then!

there's only like 2 decent rucks in the upcoming pool.
Yep and we are going to have to get one of them.

If Jacko goes our only ruckman is 31 next year. Given it takes them a long time to develop we will need to get a developing player this year.

Ruckmen are pretty much the easiest type of player to trade in and get someone who can do the job well enough. They're also one of the more likely types to be traded when they are still developing. Elite ruckmen are cream.

Jacko was worth a punt because he can play multiple roles but I don't really see the point in reaching for a project player in the draft when you could probably find someone in the VFL who would be fine depth for a few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back