List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

aHR0cHM6Ly82Ni5tZWRpYS50dW1ibHIuY29tLzY3ZGU3OGY2Njk4ZDJjMjIxMDBiM2E0ZjI3MTM0M2FjL3R1bWJscl9pbmxpbmVfb3d5ODIwYXllaTFzNTVvZjJfNTQwLnBuZw

So Brisbane are bringing in Ashcroft and Dunkley, Collingwood are bringing in Bobby Hill, Mstay, maybe Tom Mitchell. Geelong bring in Ollie Henry, Tanner Bruhn. What are we bringing in to improve our team for next year? Sweet nothing.

If we role out another season with this forward line, opposition teams will start bringing in a defender into the centre stoppages because that's how little respect our forward line will deserve.

100% im ready to lose my s**t completely, cant believe we have done nothing yet. Absolutely disgusting this club.

Dont forget Brisbane are getting Gunston who we desperately needed to get somehow. But no. Instead we are getting a ruckman who only has 3 years left at best on a 5 year contract.

No he gave a very reasonable argument talking up some players and talking down some players.

I mean by that logic , aren't you talking down Brodie Grundy (and our multiple picks) in the same way?

Injury prone Grundy will hopefully break even and offset Jackson and cost 1 of the first rounders.

Other first rounder will likely be in 2023. Unsure how those picks will help us improve our list for next year.

Our forwardline is atrocious, relying on 2nd or 3rd rounders to draft some inexperienced kids this year isn’t going to help us while we are in our window.

Really disappointing that we haven’t been linked to a free agent yet. Gunston’s going to Brisbane, we have done nothing about DeGoey. Hell, even Dan McStay to replace a clearly cooked T Mac as a swing man would’ve been alright. But it seems that we’re determined to spunk all of our salary cap and consequently our premiership window up against the wall on endless long term, big money deals while Collingwood make out like bandits.

What's the deal with Bedford, you guys rate him? Seems pretty up in the air whether he'll stay or go at this point, is he someone you guys would be keen to hang on to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury prone Grundy will hopefully break even and offset Jackson and cost 1 of the first rounders.

Other first rounder will likely be in 2023. Unsure how those picks will help us improve our list for next year.

Our forwardline is atrocious, relying on 2nd or 3rd rounders to draft some inexperienced kids this year isn’t going to help us while we are in our window.

You really think we are giving up a first round pick for grundy?

Ok, I guess its my turn to bang my head against the wall. We're bringing in Grundy, how does that not improve us?
1- Grundy has kicked 0.3 goals per game over his career. Does that improve our forward line? No. Has he ever showed anything fwd? No
2- Gawn isn't a stay at home forward.
3- Collingwood did worse when Grundy was playing this year and are clearly more than comfortable playing Darcy Cameron and Mr.USA. That says something.
4- Not bringing in a key forward means we'll be playing Ben Brown who will be another year older and somehow, even slower and worse than this year.
5- Gawn is a terrible shot for goal which means (should he spend more time forward) his set shot misses will result in easy rebound scores for the opposition. We had the worst defensive zone setup after a behind of any afl team this year.
6- Grundy has had injury issues and hasn't looked mobile for years. He may be a better ruckman than Jackson but Jackson can at least hustle, defend and tackle. He also has better skills than Grundy.
7- We were the 5th best team this season and got embarrassed by an average team in Brisbane and a team in Sydney who..well we all know how they ended. We had the leagues best defence and the AA ruckman as well as 2 AA's in Oliver and Petracca at his feet. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that the issue is the forwards. Grundy does nothing to help us forward of centre.

What's the deal with Bedford, you guys rate him? Seems pretty up in the air whether he'll stay or go at this point, is he someone you guys would be keen to hang on to.

personally, Id very much like him to sign with GWS. Reckon he is trash. Others think hes alright but I reckon they have the Dees fan blinkers on.

Reasons why I think Grundies & Gawn is going to be great for Melbourne Demons:
  1. Use of cap-space from employing Grundies means we don't accidentally spend money trading in some other spud
  2. Less Weideman in the side?
  3. Is Grundies still "another midfield?' Imagine seeing Gawn tap it straight down his throat for a nice big sausage from 50 metres out@!!!
  4. Also would be pretty good watching the two of them spoil each-other in a contested marking situation in front of goals
  5. Get our very own funny conflated nickname duo, like Geelong's Dangerwood but instead we get I think Grundawn which is even better than Dangerwood. I thought of it first, feel free to use it in future, credit not necessary but appreciated.
  6. Here's a two year old article with some stuff I couldn't be bothered reading that on a passing glance appears to support my theory In the battle of the AFL's big men, Grundy and Gawn stand tallest
Feeling pretty good about this tbh.

Mate I have been on about this for days, all our competitors are improving there list where as we are running with the same strategy as our game plan and doing nothing
Who has said our game plan won’t change? Cats had a worse one 12 months ago?
we could net 2 first and Grundy

Truly staggering that he might leave. He’s quick and has kicked some goals. With Hunt going to West Coast, Jackson leaving and Port circling Pickett we’re on the precipice of collapsing quicker than the Eagles did after 2018.

Can do some nice things but still panics and fumbles a bit at afl level.

Forgot to mention he has never kicked on his left foot in his life, seriously, not once have I seen him, truly staggering that someone can make it to AFL level without the ability to kick on the opposite foot, oh and runs around like a chicken with its head cut off, no game sense whatsoever.

Truly staggering that he might leave. He’s quick and has kicked some goals. With Hunt going to West Coast, Jackson leaving and Port circling Pickett we’re on the precipice of collapsing quicker than the Eagles did after 2018.

Look, im fine with Bedford leaving but we do need to be linked with someone to replace him. Maybe we can talk Luke Dollhouse out of retirement?

We are getting Grundy and 1 first (likely in 2023) after we trade a first away for Grundy.

I will fill up the jerry can tonight in anticipation of this. Buy a box of matches on the drive up the highway to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back