List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just more pessimistic because we needed a key forward which means we were more likely to roll the dice on a player, combine that with how desperate we were to move on the pick and this feels like a * it let's see what he can do rather than a s**t yeah we got our man.
I agree he clearly wasn't first preference but I don't think it was a * it let's just pick him situation, I think they generally rate him but know he will take a long time.

Jason Taylor wanted to get up a little bit higher in the draft to get Jefferson according to Cal Twomey. Also, WCE were super keen on Jefferson. if he was a WA kid then WA would've got him.

It's usually me that bashes players. Jason Taylor deserves more credibility. Taylor is a no nonsense guy. He would've seen something in Jefferson that gave him the confidence to pick him early.

I hope we pick up another key forward with 37. Or trade up and get Gruzcewski :)
So the club knew no one rated Jefferson in the top 20 so we tried to move up the draft so we could get a better player and Jefferson as steak knives? Hardly inspires confidence

Highly underrated trade by Norf.
GWS the only club who rated Cadman 1 so Norf traded 1 and in return got the 2 players they rated 1 and 2

Cadman is a beast, I reckon it worked out great for both clubs. Win/win.

You're basically agreeing with everything I'm saying but choosing to be weird about it.

Its true, just with a favourable Melbourne twist. :tearsofjoy:

He wants to go hard and say I dont like the pick but isn't committed.

Like for the first time ever I kinda want a top draft pick to bust just to avoid the relentless bullshit gloating if he plays even mildly well.

This is commitment

Personally I hope Jefferson works out, I couldn't give a s**t if Danster liked him pre draft or not.

I do think he has some tools to work with for sure, a lot of elite straights for his size, but his soft waiting out the back of packs s**t instead of spoiling when out of position is a massive red flag to me, all good KPF have the eye of the tiger and are competitive, I just dont see it.

Time will tell. A lot of time.

Positives, we still have two first round picks next year, could easily fill a KPF void and trade for a ready made one if we desired, lots of good KPF prospects in next years draft too that could have an earlier impact than Jefferson.

We did assess this draft as weak, thats why we only went in with two picks. Guess if you believe its weak sitting on your hands and making a long term play isn't that bad..maybe

Im all aboard the JVR train, have been since seeing his pre draft tape, that guy competes like an animal. I think playing as a KPD as well as a KPF is good for any juniors development.

Positives, we still have two first round picks next year, could easily fill a KPF void and trade for a ready made one if we desired, lots of good KPF prospects in next years draft too that could have an earlier impact than Jefferson.

We did assess this draft as weak, thats why we only went in with two picks. Guess if you believe its weak sitting on your hands and making a long term play isn't that bad..maybe
I just hope the supporters and the club don't look at Jefferson as the key forward saviour and instead use him as a 3rd tall while he develops, get him up the ground etc.
If that means Grundy and Gawn sit deep to take the heat then so be it

instead use him as a 3rd tall while he develops, get him up the ground

This is the roll I see him playing long term despite his height. Maybe he can become a Westoff type. I just dont see his frame getting as big as most hope. Some guys just cant put on weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the roll I see him playing long term despite his height. Maybe he can become a Westoff type. I just dont see his frame getting as big as most hope. Some guys just cant put on weight.
Especially in this era when you need to be able to run 20km a game aswell as carrying muscle

I don't really ever have confidence that a skinny key forward is going to work out, but that's no personal knock on Jefferson.

What I do quite like from his highlights is he kicks a few from snaps and his ground ball work seems pretty good for his size. Looks a footballer rather than just a tall campaigner. Likely to be a few years before we know if this was a good pick though.

Highly underrated trade by Norf.
GWS the only club who rated Cadman 1 so Norf traded 1 and in return got the 2 players they rated 1 and 2
Yeah I rate their haul bigtime too. Both their picks last night could definitely end up being better than JHF - their highlights (risky to judge on them, I know) look incredible.

We took Matt Jefferson at pick 15.

You can check out some of his highlights here:

I can't believe you're judging Lucas Cook on 2 minutes of pre-draft footage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back