Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I guess a bit of hyperbole here too. as long as it suits you tho.

Nice try champ.

What is hyperbolic about that? I would prefer Soldo on a shorter deal on about $300k than Grundy on a long term deal at about $700k. Save money to throw at a Ben King or similar.

Plus... and try to keep up ... what you quoted is an opinion, rather than me trying to pass crap off as fact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nice try champ.

What is hyperbolic about that? I would prefer Soldo on a shorter deal on about $300k than Grundy on a long term deal at about $700k. Save money to throw at a Ben King or similar.

Plus... and try to keep up ... what you quoted is an opinion, rather than me trying to pass crap off as fact.

minimum chips is the hyperbole.

I agree, I didn't want grundy.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
OK I have calmed down about the draft period. My Overall thoughts:

Matthew Jefferson, even though I would have liked a Ruck/FWD, El Jefe was probably the Best Key FWD and if we are to retool our FWD I guess there was no one better than Matt. My only knock on him is the lack of physical presence, but unlike Weid, I hope that he can put on size relatively quickly.

Jed Adams, I am thinking that this is for two reasons 1) For life after Steve May 2) Contingency should we plan to use Harrison Petty in the FWD. Hopefully, Gomez can do the job.

Rookie draft

Will Verrall, I really think is going to be a good Ruck/FWD. he'll have some time to develop in the VFL for Casey along with KFW and hopefully Kalani White. If we're still after a big 205+cms ruck I'd get into the ear or Mate Culina from Richmond, otherwise I think we're pretty solid in the Ruck Dept.

Oliver Sestan, a pick so far out of left field that left field would say its out there. Looking at the highlights package though, he can play, well.

I think Will and Oliver are Issac Keeler and Bailey Humphrey types and we got them in the Rookie draft

As far as our tall stocks are concerned we have:
Max Gawn
Brodie Grundy
Josh Schache
Ben Brown
Kyah Farris-White
Will Verrall
Harrison Petty

I needn't have complained about the lack of tall timber in our line-up.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lol what? Gawn spent ******* ages developing in the VFL

Yeah Gawn didn't really get a consistent gig until 2015.

Sorry, yeah I forgot

Matthew Jefferson, even though I would have liked a Ruck/FWD, El Jefe was probably the Best Key FWD and if we are to retool our FWD I guess there was no one better than Matt. My only knock on him is the lack of physical presence, but unlike Weid, I hope that he can put on size relatively quickly.

Jed Adams, I am thinking that this is for two reasons 1) For life after Steve May 2) Contingency should we plan to use Harrison Petty in the FWD. Hopefully, Gomez can do the job.

Rookie draft

Will Verrall, I really think is going to be a good Ruck/FWD. he'll have some time to develop in the VFL for Casey along with KFW and hopefully Kalani White. If we're still after a big 205+cms ruck I'd get into the ear or Mate Culina from Richmond, otherwise I think we're pretty solid in the Ruck Dept.

Oliver Sestan, a pick so far out of left field that left field would say its out there. Looking at the highlights package though, he can play, well.

I think Will and Oliver are Issac Keeler and Bailey Humphrey types and we got them in the Rookie draft

Max Gawn
Brodie Grundy
Josh Schache
Ben Brown
Kyah Farris-White
Will Verrall
Harrison Petty

Fixed that for myself.

I was rather tired yesterday. My fault.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne

Rookie draft

Will Verrall, I really think is going to be a good Ruck/FWD. I think unlike Max Gawn, he'll have some time to develop in the VFL for Casey along with KFW and hopefully Kalani White. If we're still after a big 205+cms ruck I'd get into the ear or Mate Culina from Richmond, otherwise I think we're pretty solid in the Ruck Dept.

Max Gawn
Brodie Grundy
Josh Schache
Ben Brown
Kyah Farris-White
Will Verrall
Harrison Petty

It'll be interesting if the Dees change their strategy about trading out future 1's going forward. It seemed that clubs were really being forced to pay overs to get into the 1st round this year. And with next year considered to be a good draft, I can't see anyone doing it next year.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It'll be interesting if the Dees change their strategy about trading out future 1's going forward. It seemed that clubs were really being forced to pay overs to get into the 1st round this year. And with next year considered to be a good draft, I can't see anyone doing it next year.
So we are likely to take into the draft about 2 mid to late first rounders and 2 mid to late 2nd rounders next year right? I think we'll need to gather later picks for Nath Brown's boy. Could be a ripper draft for us next year. Wouldn't surprise me if we try trading up and use our 2nd round picks to do so. As long as we have enough points for Kynan Brown.

Any word on Aaron Davey's boy? I see his brother's kids got drafted this year. I think his name is Marley. Still very young i believe. Yze's boy Noah was looking like a talented junior also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
So we are likely to take into the draft about 2 mid to late first rounders and 2 mid to late 2nd rounders next year right? I think we'll need to gather later picks for Nath Brown's boy. Could be a ripper draft for us next year. Wouldn't surprise me if we try trading up and use our 2nd round picks to do so. As long as we have enough points for Kynan Brown.

Any word on Aaron Davey's boy? I see his brother's kids got drafted this year. I think his name is Marley. Still very young i believe. Yze's boy Noah was looking like a talented junior also.
yeah I'm not too sure. I think Kynan Brown is more highly rated than Noah Yze. I attached an article saying Kynan Brown was a top 25 prospect. Obviously a lot can change between now and then but it's good to know that he's in the mix. I've see him play once and his kicking is a weakness but he is pretty hard at it.

Some names we may be keen on around our mark:

Nate Caddy 191cm athletic marking forward.
Will Lorenz 186cm Vic Metro Mid
Nick Watson 169cm Forward Pocket (would probably be a top priority if Kozzy left)
Nathan Philactides 180cm fast defender that is a national hurdler.
Will Brown: 192cm Sandringham Tall Midfielder.
Archer Reid: 201cm athletic key forward.

but yeah, way too soon. lol

Attachments

• top 25.jpg
    top 25.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 65
Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
yeah I'm not too sure. I think Kynan Brown is more highly rated than Noah Yze. I attached an article saying Kynan Brown was a top 25 prospect. Obviously a lot can change between now and then but it's good to know that he's in the mix. I've see him play once and his kicking is a weakness but he is pretty hard at it.

Some names we may be keen on around our mark:

Nate Caddy 191cm athletic marking forward.
Will Lorenz 186cm Vic Metro Mid
Nick Watson 169cm Forward Pocket (would probably be a top priority if Kozzy left)
Nathan Philactides 180cm fast defender that is a national hurdler.
Will Brown: 192cm Sandringham Tall Midfielder.
Archer Reid: 201cm athletic key forward.

but yeah, way too soon. lol

Think this should be a convo for next year.

Like a 2023 Trade, Draft, etc thread.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Think this should be a convo for next year.

Like a 2023 Trade, Draft, etc thread.
Yeah, was just curious as to where we were at with our Father/Sons. Seeing several Father/Sons getting picked up, some even very very high in the draft. Hoping we can nab one or two of these in the coming years. We had some very talented players in the 90s/early 2000s who should all have kids at the teenage age. Spewing Farmer's kid couldn't make it. Hoping Aaron Davey's boy can make it.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Yeah, was just curious as to where we were at with our Father/Sons. Seeing several Father/Sons getting picked up, some even very very high in the draft. Hoping we can nab one or two of these in the coming years. We had some very talented players in the 90s/early 2000s who should all have kids at the teenage age. Spewing Farmer's kid couldn't make it. Hoping Aaron Davey's boy can make it.

Hard to live up to their lofty standards.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Jeff White's son is one to get excited about too.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think Jeff White's son is one to get excited about too.

Hmm Yeah..

Watched him live at the under 15's champions that was hosted in Lavington this year. He was much taller then all the other kids. Wouldn't be surprised if he was already around the 198-200cm mark, because he really is that tall for his age.
But he's incredibly lanky and moves like a baby giraffe.

He showed small glimpse of talent for his age but I think there's a fair bit of water to go under the bridge with this one.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Any chance Sestan was somewhat hidden? Came from nowhere. I guess it’s hard to hide a player. But could have been not interested in NAB footy etc
He's a wild stab in the dark by JT. I like it tbh. It's pretty much what the rookie draft was intended for. 99% chance the guy never plays for the senior side, but JT looks like an absolute genius if he somehow makes it to a senior call up. Most of us can only go off the highlights, but he's clearly got some forward craft and knows where the goals are. Seems a bit bigger in the body so might not need 3 preseasons before he has a body that can hold up against the big boys. But he clearly went second round rookie for a reason. We will most likely find out exactly why in the early stages of next season. Possibly no tank? Lack of desire? Would be an amazing story if he goes ok.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol the guy was a second round rookiez he was hidden only in that no one was looking for him
Seems common knowledge that Taylor Walker was hidden when picked at 75 or whatever (got the private school scholarship but only played for his local club).

I’m sure there a other examples.

That said, it would be pretty hard to hide a kid in Melbourne. I doubt that it’s any more than a punt from JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back