List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely. I can’t see a Vic team convincing a 14 or 15 year old kid to tank by staying in his local league - not unless his family is super wealthy.
100%. What if the recruiting staff change? You’ve tanked, gone unnoticed by 17 other clubs, and now nobody wants you. Too risky.

I could imagine it happening in a two club town if you desperately wanted to stay in your home state, but not to get yourself to a particular Vic club.

It’s more likely Sestan is (as it appears) and unconventional style of player that Melbourne are willing to take a gamble on. And nobody else was willing.

Hiding is probably not the right term. I’m not suggesting JT told him to stay out of NAB footy. But I reckon JT had a bit more to do with him going into the Connor Sports training session.

Unlikely. I can’t see a Vic team convincing a 14 or 15 year old kid to tank by staying in his local league - not unless his family is super wealthy.
The kid kicked something like 400 goals in one match! He would have come on the radar of some recruiters I'd imagine. Hard to hide those performances even in a lower comp.

The kid kicked something like 400 goals in one match! He would have come on the radar of some recruiters I'd imagine. Hard to hide those performances even in a lower comp.
Sestan was probably disregarded by other recruiters as a man child beating up on less developed peers with a game that won’t translate to AFL level.

If he’s 185cm and 90kg as reported that’s very powerful for a junior footballer, but he’s clearly not going to be able to play key forward at AFL level.

Taylor and co clearly see something else in him. Tom Rockliff is a guy who kicked plenty of goals as an undersized forward in junior ranks but played a very different role to high success in the AFL. I’m not suggesting for a moment that’s what will happen here, but just an example.

All his highlights were yr 12 footy so I assume he didn’t play any seniors footy and didn’t make the state side. His highlights were ok but there is risk with the level he has been exposed to. Looks an ok punt but a lot of water to go under the bridge to even make VFL grade.

All his highlights were yr 12 footy so I assume he didn’t play any seniors footy and didn’t make the state side. His highlights were ok but there is risk with the level he has been exposed to. Looks an ok punt but a lot of water to go under the bridge to even make VFL grade.
It's a good rookie selection. Low risk potential high reward

Could be one of those guys who dominates junior footy but can’t but bothered with committing going through NAB squads etc. or just wants to play with mates.
Lol or he's 90kg which means he's been looked over because he's only dominant because of his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I've ever seen this board so interested in a rookie.
I really don't see why we care so much. Odds are he never plays, if he does, we can discuss how he was an incredible find/steal/JT masterpiece or whatever then.

I really don't see why we care so much. Odds are he never plays, if he does, we can discuss how he was an incredible find/steal/JT masterpiece or whatever then.
Yeah this isn't even the bloke we got in the second round, he's some unit from school footy we plucked. Granted that's how we got hunt but even he had other clubs sniffing around him and we took him in the main draft.

Our rookie picks have been s**t mostly. Not even gonna bother learning this blokes name

From The Aus:

MELBOURNE

IN: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood), Josh Schache (Western Bulldogs), Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs), Matthew Jefferson (draft), Jed Adams (draft), Will Verrall (draft), Oliver Sestan (draft), Kyah Farris-White (category b rookie)

OUT: Luke Jackson (Fremantle), Jayden Hunt (West Coast), Toby Bedford (GWS), Sam Weideman (Essendon), Fraser Rosman (delisted), Mitch Brown (retired), Majak Daw (retired)

Available list spots: 1

The Demons might have lost one of the most promising young players in the game when Jackson sought a trade home to Western Australia but they did get a two-time All-Australian in Grundy on the cheap. It is going to be fascinating to see how Grundy and captain Max Gawn can coexist in the Demons side. The Demons were also able to get Hunter and Schache from the Bulldogs for not a lot at all, and they could play a role in another premiership tilt for Simon Goodwin’s side. In the draft they looked for the future at either end of the ground.

Verdict: List improved for 2023

Lol or he's 90kg which means he's been looked over because he's only dominant because of his size.
I’ve heard of young blokes not worried about rep squads etc. NAB teams aren’t knocking him back due to his size. But yes AFL recruiters could. As someone else mentioned I do recall something about cricket too.

I’ve heard of young blokes not worried about rep squads etc. NAB teams aren’t knocking him back due to his size. But yes AFL recruiters could. As someone else mentioned I do recall something about cricket too.
Or he's just not that good mate. Working ya self up over him is a bit funny.

From The Aus:

MELBOURNE

IN: Brodie Grundy (Collingwood), Josh Schache (Western Bulldogs), Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs), Matthew Jefferson (draft), Jed Adams (draft), Will Verrall (draft), Oliver Sestan (draft), Kyah Farris-White (category b rookie)

OUT: Luke Jackson (Fremantle), Jayden Hunt (West Coast), Toby Bedford (GWS), Sam Weideman (Essendon), Fraser Rosman (delisted), Mitch Brown (retired), Majak Daw (retired)

Available list spots: 1

The Demons might have lost one of the most promising young players in the game when Jackson sought a trade home to Western Australia but they did get a two-time All-Australian in Grundy on the cheap. It is going to be fascinating to see how Grundy and captain Max Gawn can coexist in the Demons side. The Demons were also able to get Hunter and Schache from the Bulldogs for not a lot at all, and they could play a role in another premiership tilt for Simon Goodwin’s side. In the draft they looked for the future at either end of the ground.

Verdict: List improved for 2023
I guess we'll see. Gawn and Grundy will no doubt be interesting. I think it'll be like Towns/Gobert in the NBA. 2 all-star centres just killing the team dynamic and structure.

He'll probably never play a game but good on us for following the spirit of the rookie draft and going for a bolter from local footy. Hate seeing clubs putting their own delisted/injured 32 year olds on the rookie list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back