List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we able to use a future 1st rounder on him? Or have we run out of 1st rounders to give? I'd go hard for him for sure. I can't see him leaving but maybe he needs a change of environment?
You have to used two first rounders in a four draft period cycle. We used two in 2020 and one in 2021, so we’re covered for the 2020-2023 drafts. Just have to use one by 2024.

How would people feel about pick 16 this year, pick 16(i.e. 2 late firsts) next year for Jackson?

That's really all that freo have.
Yikes! No thanks. We gave up pick 3 for the kid and he's more than delivered. We'd want a very high 1st round pick plus a very good player imo. Or a Serong type plus a future 1st rounder. Jackson is arguably the hottest property in the comp atm. No way we cave for 2 very late 1st round picks.

He's fallen so far down this year he might only be worth a second tbh. Maybe we can offload Weideman too if Norf are dumb enough
Not sure I'd be offloading Weid atm. Our tall targets are in short supply. And I think a late 1st rounder might be about the mark for Thomas. They won't let him go for a 2nd round pick imo. He's still young with a big upside. Was looking very good preaseason. A change of coach will probably see him stick around but I hope we are in his ear.

Yikes! No thanks. We gave up pick 3 for the kid and he's more than delivered. We'd want a very high 1st round pick plus a very good player imo. Or a Serong type plus a future 1st rounder. Jackson is arguably the hottest property in the comp atm. No way we cave for 2 very late 1st round picks.
My dream outcome would be Serong and Meek. Get a player of equal value imo and our next ruck

Not sure I'd be offloading Weid atm. Our tall targets are in short supply. And I think a late 1st rounder might be about the mark for Thomas. They won't let him go for a 2nd round pick imo. He's still young with a big upside. Was looking very good preaseason. A change of coach will probably see him stick around but I hope we are in his ear.
Yeah it all really depends on what happens to North, super volatile situation. Anyways, I hope we start to get the free agents and good players for cheap like previous good sides have, that's always fun and helps extend the window

Amon apparently gone out of Port.

Wonder if Dogga goes we will make a play at Amon and then get a cheap 2nd ruck/forward.

Amon's mum works at the Saints though

I'm not a fan of it either but Freo can't offer picks they don't have. They might be able to work trade their way up the order to get a top-10 pick or thereabouts, but a lot of permutations still to play out.

Amon apparently gone out of Port.

Wonder if Dogga goes we will make a play at Amon and then get a cheap 2nd ruck/forward.

Amon's mum works at the Saints though
I’ve wanted Amon since before he came good for Port, would be a great get. Adds something different to our Langdon/Jordon/Brayshaw/Spargo/ANB outside midfield mix

yeah those 3 kicks a game will bring a lot to the table lol
something has gone wrong but the bloke has bucketloads of talent and was really good last year

I really rate Amon too. No idea why he is out of favour at Port, every game I watch he's one of their better players. He'd be a perfect get to replace Jordon on the wing, who is coming along nicely but don't think long term wing is his position.

Tarryn Thomas, not for me. His form/atittude would have to continue to be terrible for the rest of the year for him to be even close to affordable. Still in the age bracket where you have to overpay for potential to get him and why do that if he has been performing poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

something has gone wrong but the bloke has bucketloads of talent and was really good last year
sounds like a lot of our kids when we were s**t like North

All went to other clubs are were found out to just being s**t

sounds like a lot of our kids when we were s**t like North

All went to other clubs are were found out to just being s**t
nah Thomas was genuinely good last year but something has changed obviously.

Thomas would probably be the fourth most naturally talented player on our list behind Trac, Jackson and Kossie, kid is a freak. Was as good as most in the back half of last year.

Doesn't mean much if he only shows up when he's in the mood. We've got plenty enough natural talent to win a flag.

He'd be asking for a decent salary to find out as well. $600k plus which I'd much prefer to spend elsewhere.

Considering the goings on of the club over the last few days I would say there isn't a 'No dickhead' policy
Punch up in a French restaurant? We don’t have dickheads, we have cheeky chaps with a natural bent for comedy

Can't believe people here want the guy. Must have very short memories about how much he carried on about Lever.

Guy is an absolute toolbag. No way.
I vaguely like the ironic element of this hypothetical just on the basis of the whole Lever saga. But if we want to go funny, we should coax Jesse Hogan back to slope around the forward line in a strange miasma of charismatic angst. We can only have one of Jesse or Tex since both are likely to punch on with May in a restaurant at some point and too many simultaneous suspensions gets messy.

Let’s go bigger. Get Aaron Naughton and a qualified barber.

I vaguely like the ironic element of this hypothetical just on the basis of the whole Lever saga. But if we want to go funny, we should coax Jesse Hogan back to slope around the forward line in a strange miasma of charismatic angst. We can only have one of Jesse or Tex since both are likely to punch on with May in a restaurant at some point and too many simultaneous suspensions gets messy.

Why stop there? Let's ask Jeremy Howe to come back.

I'd take Preuss back in a heart beat. This year will be really interesting to see how we go about drafting a key forward and/or a ruckman.

In the draft: Harry Lemmy (FWD 199cm SA), Jackson Broadbent (201cm Ruck, WA), Matthew Jefferson (FWD 195cm Vic),Tom Scully (201cm Fwd SA), Aaron Cadman (FWD 194cm Vic) are in the mix in the first round. So if Jackson goes, or we trade into the 1st round, I'm sure we'll be looking hard at these guys.

Brilliant!

Definitely start with Hogan because it would be funny to get him with a 4th round pick, but followed up with old Howey would be peak trade period entertainment

If Jackson goes, could we have crack at Darcy Cameron to eventually take over from Gawn? Pies have a dilemma with him and Grundy, but we’d be in a similar position with Gawn only 2 years older and still going strong.

We thought about it end of 2020 and Hogan was keen but we decided against it.

NO

We thought about it end of 2020 and Hogan was keen but we decided against it.

NO
Okay so I’m putting some genuinely terrible ideas out there for consumption, but you have to admit it would be funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back