Tom Scully (201cm Fwd SA)
We couldn’t…. Could we? 🤣🤣
5126CAFC-D462-412B-9969-CB50A1EF5FAF.jpeg

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Jackson goes, could we have crack at Darcy Cameron to eventually take over from Gawn? Pies have a dilemma with him and Grundy, but we’d be in a similar position with Gawn only 2 years older and still going strong.
Just signed a 3 year extension Sunday.

Lloyd meek at freo was from Ballarat area growing up. "If" Jackson goes there you'd imagine he would be open to leaving. Sam Hayes at Port is probably going to be on the move.

Bloke playing for woodville over in sanfl called Connor ballenden (who was on the lions list too) been going well this year. Only 23 or 24. Somehow missed being drafted in mid season draft.

Not as much ruck depth movement this year I don't think, unfortunately.

Why stop there? Let's ask Jeremy Howe to come back.
Howe can FRO. My least favourite ex-Melbourne player – happy for him to waste away at half-back for Collingwood with no All-Australians and no flags while he dreams of playing forward for a successful club.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Howe can FRO. My least favourite ex-Melbourne player – happy for him to waste away at half-back for Collingwood with no All-Australians and no flags while he dreams of playing forward for a successful club.
Yeah, but everyone knows the real premiership is playing in front of crowds.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Amon apparently gone out of Port.

Wonder if Dogga goes we will make a play at Amon and then get a cheap 2nd ruck/forward.

Amon's mum works at the Saints though
Then he surely has some good first hand intel to prevent his considering them

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do we not have a Luke Jackson thread yet??

It's widely reported that he is off to Freo. If this turns out to be the case (a fair chance considering Luke hasn't signed yet) what are we going to do? We have no leverage as he's out of contract. Freo only have their first rounder this year (likely pick 15-pick 17) and next year (likely the same). If lobb is on the way out they may be able to get around pick 25-30 for him.

Are we really going to lose Jackson so cheaply if he decides to leave? Unless Jackson nominates both WCE and Freo then we are royally screwed.

And with Freo we'd be dealing with Peter Bell, the hardest guy to deal with in the trading fraternity. We only have to circle back to the Hogan trade which, whilst it worked for us, we didn't get the extra draft pick we were seeking.

It's widely reported that he is off to Freo. If this turns out to be the case (a fair chance considering Luke hasn't signed yet) what are we going to do? We have no leverage as he's out of contract. Freo only have their first rounder this year (likely pick 15-pick 17) and next year (likely the same). If lobb is on the way out they may be able to get around pick 25-30 for him.

Are we really going to lose Jackson so cheaply if he decides to leave? Unless Jackson nominates both WCE and Freo then we are royally screwed.

And with Freo we'd be dealing with Peter Bell, the hardest guy to deal with in the trading fraternity. We only have to circle back to the Hogan trade which, whilst it worked for us, we didn't get the extra draft pick we were seeking.
Lmao we made out like bandits in the Hogan trade. Bell even tried to walk away when we asked for their first and got dragged back in. We also got Langdon for peanuts and they lost Cerra for well below what they wanted. But sure, Bell is a mastermind.

If Jackson is keen on Freo and vice versa there is no way they don't get the trade done. They ain't going to risk letting him walk to West Coast.

All that's been reported in the media is that Jackson might go. There is basically no solid news beyond that.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lmao we made out like bandits in the Hogan trade. Bell even tried to walk away when we asked for their first and got dragged back in. We also got Langdon for peanuts and they lost Cerra for well below what they wanted. But sure, Bell is a mastermind.

If Jackson is keen on Freo and vice versa there is no way they don't get the trade done. They ain't going to risk letting him walk to West Coast.

All that's been reported in the media is that Jackson might go. There is basically no solid news beyond that.

Don’t bother talking sense to Danster about Jackson. He seems to want to break a world record of posts about one player who might (I repeat might) want to be traded and then might (I repeat might) want to choose Freo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tbh if Freo chuck us a couple of late firsts and a second or something similar it wouldn't be the end of the world. We're clever at trading our way up the draft order and have generally hit the mark when trading for players. It'd be s**t to lose him if he goes but not the end of the world if he does.
Freo's record with trading in talls on big coin isn't great anyway...
All speculative atm anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats old mate Demon Revival , used to post on here. Legend.
Good times. The Herald Sun were publishing quotes from this board in the lead up to that game.

Super surprised you reckon Jackson is going to leave and we are going to get peanuts, absolutely shocked.

Youre due to get one of these right soon, cant keep missing your whole life or can you?

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Super surprised you reckon Jackson is going to leave and we are going to get peanuts, absolutely shocked.

Youre due to get one of these right soon, cant keep missing your whole life or can you?
Are you ignoring every time i've been right? its too long to list.

Anyway, how about having an opinion of your own and answer the question? So you think he'll stay? if you carefully read what I wrote I said 'if' jackson decides to go. Once again, your inability to comprehend is mystifying.

Are you ignoring every time i've been right? its too long to list.

Anyway, how about having an opinion of your own and answer the question? So you think he'll stay? if you carefully read what I wrote I said 'if' jackson decides to go. Once again, your inability to comprehend is mystifying.

You should read your own alarmist posting before deciding to clap back, highlights from your previous post

It's widely reported that he is off to Freo. If this turns out to be the case (a fair chance considering Luke hasn't signed yet) .
We have no leverage.

Unless Jackson nominates both WCE and Freo then we are royally screwed.

Youre just doing what you always do, changing your tune once called out. Backing away completely from the very strong thoughts you had above. Carry on trying to fool yourself coz youre not fooling anyone else.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You should read your own alarmist posting before deciding to clap back, highlights from your previous post

Youre just doing what you always do, changing your tune once called out. Backing away completely from the very strong thoughts you had above. Carry on trying to fool yourself coz youre not fooling anyone else.
once again not answering the question.

i'm not backing away from the fact that Jackson is a massive chance of leaving and freo have no picks to give us. Also working with Peter Bell is a nightmare. you do realise its round 16 and he hasn't signed yet?
Man i'd love to live in fairyland too and think he's going to sign a 10 year deal to stay with us. Why do you think Jackson is all over the media atm. there's a lot of alarmists out there 😆

These are all rhetorical questions. i don't expect you to have a football opinion of your own

once again not answering the question.

i'm not backing away from the fact that Jackson is a massive chance of leaving and freo have no picks to give us. Also working with Peter Bell is a nightmare. you do realise its round 16 and he hasn't signed yet?
Man i'd love to live in fairyland too and think he's going to sign a 10 year deal to stay with us. Why do you think Jackson is all over the media atm. there's a lot of alarmists out there 😆

These are all rhetorical questions. i don't expect you to have a football opinion of your own

Are you aware that Freo can obtain picks from other clubs via trade to compensate us?

My thoughts are if he does leave, we are not "royally screwed" and will be well compensated. Hope this makes you happy.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
WCE pick #2 plus Oscar Allen

Dogga plus 2nd round pick

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Man, I'd love Oscar Allen but he's a WA boy originally and you know how they're funny about leaving sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back